• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Zibanejad says Rangers 'have to make the playoffs'

Phil

• Phil changed the title to Zibanejad says Rangers 'have to make the playoffs'

I really like the sentiment, and I would love for them to make the playoffs this year.  It is a tall order though going back to regular standard NHL play this season;

I would expect the Isles, Caps, Canes and Pens to all be legit playoff contenders...Blue Jacks as well.... and with only 2 wild card spots it should be a hell of a battle to get in.

9 minutes ago, Keirik said:

A year too late but sure, I agree we have to. 

Nah. The additions they made with Goodrow and Blais and their playoff experience are why this team will take a step forward, along with progress from Laf, Krav and Kakko.

Last year's team wasn't ready. JD didn't expect them to make they playoffs, so I don't know why anyone else should.

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Nah. The additions they made with Goodrow and Blais and their playoff experience are why this team will take a step forward, along with progress from Laf, Krav and Kakko.

Last year's team wasn't ready. JD didn't expect them to make they playoffs, so I don't know why anyone else should.

Won’t be the last time we disagree I’m sure. But yeah, zibanejad, Fox, 1st overall, 2nd overall, Buchnevich, Trouba, Panarin, Kreider, Shesty, Strome, etc should have been enough to make the playoffs. However we had idiotic head coaching and the fact JD himself couldn’t see it might be why he gone now. 

Should have been a playoff team last year 

16 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Won’t be the last time we disagree I’m sure. But yeah, zibanejad, Fox, 1st overall, 2nd overall, Buchnevich, Trouba, Panarin, Kreider, Shesty, Strome, etc should have been enough to make the playoffs. However we had idiotic head coaching and the fact JD himself couldn’t see it might be why he gone now. 

Should have been a playoff team last year 

Everyone just puts their opinion in front of "That's why xxxxxxx is gone". Doesn't mean much. He had a new job 5 minutes later. 

Dont really care about a first or 2nd overall when they were quite simply not good.

Zib had COVID and missed half the season. Panarin was MIA for 3 weeks. Shesty was hurt, and is really not a difference maker. Trouba same.

They weren't a playoff team and that's why they didn't make it.