• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Out Of Town Scoreboard

Phil

It’s pretty hysterical especially when you consider, flaws and all, the Rangers have been near the top all season.

Still weary of the Islanders. They have the capability to go on a run. But their issue is that this run needs to happen pretty much now, otherwise it just offsets all their bad play (and unfortunate circumstances) which won’t be enough to catch the teams ahead of them in the division.

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It’s pretty hysterical especially when you consider, flaws and all, the Rangers have been near the top all season.

Still weary of the Islanders. They have the capability to go on a run. But their issue is that this run needs to happen pretty much now, otherwise it just offsets all their bad play (and unfortunate circumstances) which won’t be enough to catch the teams ahead of them in the division.

The thing is, they don’t. They are too old and too slow to go on some magical 10 game win streak. They were the best coached in the league before. Now they are steps older with a slightly weaker team. Sinking ship. 

7 hours ago, Keirik said:

The thing is, they don’t. They are too old and too slow to go on some magical 10 game win streak. They were the best coached in the league before. Now they are steps older with a slightly weaker team. Sinking ship. 

Remember the rangers before 1994? Didnt make the playoffs is ‘93 and then won the cup the following year. Scary to think that the piles could be in the same scenario. 

7 hours ago, Keirik said:

Ehhh. Listen, Parise and Chara are dinosaurs. I’m not sure anyone believed Parise was as done as he actually is.

That being said, Varlamov/Sorokin are the kind of goalies who can steal games. As the season progresses and the games become more “playoff like” which suits their style a bit more, I can see them reeling off a few wins in a row here and there. But again, like I said earlier, it’s gotten late pretty fast here. It’s Christmas and they’re still playing awful hockey. More times than not, you’re not the 2018 Blues who are able to mount a remarkable second half and turn it into a Cup run.

This is pretty accidental, definitely worthy of the five and a game but this guy clearly is not trying to run the player or anything. Just made the wrong choice about holding the blue line and then couldn't get out of the way fast enough. Could tell he knew what happened immediately after too and was upset about it

• LMFAO 1

4 hours ago, Valriera said:

This is pretty accidental, definitely worthy of the five and a game but this guy clearly is not trying to run the player or anything. Just made the wrong choice about holding the blue line and then couldn't get out of the way fast enough. Could tell he knew what happened immediately after too and was upset about it

Lol, no. Hit's vicious bro. 

Don't listen to the announcers, watch. 

I watched it he decided to hold the blue line when the puck wheeled, the other guy looked like he was going to try to play the puck, he braces for a hit, the guy does not play the puck and it’s too late to do much. If he actually wanted to hurt this guy this would have been far worse. I don’t think it’s a good hit or anything I just am not buying that this is a malicious play. Just a bad decision with a bad outcome 

On 12/17/2021 at 8:20 AM, CCCP said:

Remember the rangers before 1994? Didnt make the playoffs is ‘93 and then won the cup the following year. Scary to think that the piles could be in the same scenario. 

1992/1993 was a very strange year. 1991/92 team probably should have gotten past the Pens,  who won the Cup, especially after the 60 footer(still the oddest sporting event I've been to personally other than the Jets/Marino/fake spike game; one minute, crowd going nuts, next silent and in shock).  Had an up and down season, with a serious rift between Messier and his 5 man unit playing their own way, rest of the team doing Roger Nielson's defense first thing. And in the middle of all that Leetch breaks his ankle slipping on ice, or so the official story goes.NYR quickly dropped out of playoff hunt.  One of the reasons i think Leetch is still one of the most underrated defensemen ever. Didn't know how important he was until he wasn't there.