• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Out Of Town Scoreboard

Phil

3 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Figured the Isles are out of the playoff race about a month ago but you never know on what kind of run they are capable of going on, but does last nights loss put the final nail in the coffin?  

I’ll never say never in fear of jinxing it. But from what I saw last night, it was a very disinterested team with a horrific effort; 2 qualities you never saw from a Barry Trotz Islanders team over the last few years. 

They still have tons of games in hand, but even in the event they win most or all of them, they’re still like 8-10 points behind the top 3 in the Metro. That’s still a lot, and given the way they looked last night, they aren’t winning all of those games in hand.

Tricky spot for Lamoriello. They didn’t expect this. They expected to make another major push this year. But as we learned, that window of opportunity closes quicker than you think, and this was just a totally wasted year for them. 

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’ll never say never in fear of jinxing it. But from what I saw last night, it was a very disinterested team with a horrific effort; 2 qualities you never saw from a Barry Trotz Islanders team over the last few years. 

They still have tons of games in hand, but even in the event they win most or all of them, they’re still like 8-10 points behind the top 3 in the Metro. That’s still a lot, and given the way they looked last night, they aren’t winning all of those games in hand.

Tricky spot for Lamoriello. They didn’t expect this. They expected to make another major push this year. But as we learned, that window of opportunity closes quicker than you think, and this was just a totally wasted year for them. 

what's making me nervous is next year.  hope they dont bounce back

17 hours ago, Keirik said:

I also appreciated being at the coliseum back in 94 for games 3 and 4 to sweep that trash of a franchise.

I have particularly fond memories of the end of Game 4.  In the third period, Rangers fans outnumbered Islanders fans 5 to  1.  Unmerciful chants and heckling!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • VINNY! 1

27 minutes ago, josh said:

I imagine that’s ozzy, RJ, Keith, Simon wishing he could be there, and sidd whining about fighting at the end. Produced by Jimmy on his iPhone. 

Do t forget to throw yourself in the mix! I gotta say though, I tend to be a speed drinker lol 

• Keeps it 100 1

On 2/3/2022 at 12:09 PM, RichieNextel305 said:

But it is so wonderful seeing it all happing right before our very eyes.  

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Dunny said:

Yeah, he could probably step right in and put up 60 points.

Nothing to see here Dunny both Kakko and Taffy are fully capable of this kind of move. Just have to be patient and sit back and wait for it. 

Just make sure the chair you chose is the most comfortable one ever made. 

On 2/3/2022 at 6:30 PM, Sod16 said:

I have particularly fond memories of the end of Game 4.  In the third period, Rangers fans outnumbered Islanders fans 5 to  1.  Unmerciful chants and heckling!

I, too was at Game 4 vs. the Isles in '94.....One of the most entertaining games to be at. 

Ironically, quite a few games memorable games I have been to have been Islanders losses

Valentines Day Massacre back in '92 https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/199202140NYR.html

Game 4 in '94

Game 4 '2019  Isles @ Carolina https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/201905030CAR.html Kegger scored the Canes 3rd goal.  

• Cheers 1