• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Out Of Town Scoreboard

Phil

11 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Side note, and nothing at all to do with hockey. But am I the only one who wishes more arenas (namely MSG) would do something like Vancouver where the panels between the glass lit up? I’m a nerd, I know. Lol.

You're not alone. I also like home games for the Flames when they score a goal there's a bright red light that flashes on the ice for a bit. I'm all about presentation. lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Side note, and nothing at all to do with hockey. But am I the only one who wishes more arenas (namely MSG) would do something like Vancouver where the panels between the glass lit up? I’m a nerd, I know. Lol.

I think it has something to do with how much breakdown other arenas have to do, like there's no basketball in Rogers. 

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

You're not alone. I also like home games for the Flames when they score a goal there's a bright red light that flashes on the ice for a bit. I'm all about presentation. lol

Agreed. Maybe I’m an old soul, but I loved the celebration of the older days. I remember Everytime the Rangers scored, they’d show the Honeymooners on the big screen with Jackie Gleason dancing. Just felt very New York to me, I wish they’d bring that back. We don’t need 200 replays of the goal. A few will do, in edition to showing some shit like that. I remember when we’d score like a big goal (game tying or something) they’d add like sirens in. But yeah, call me old school or an old soul. But I loved when they did stuff like that.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 1
  • VINNY! 2

3 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Agreed. Maybe I’m an old soul, but I loved the celebration of the older days. I remember Everytime the Rangers scored, they’d show the Honeymooners on the big screen with Jackie Gleason dancing. Just felt very New York to me, I wish they’d bring that back. We don’t need 200 replays of the goal. A few will do, in edition to showing some shit like that. I remember when we’d score like a big goal (game tying or something) they’d add like sirens in. But yeah, call me old school or an old soul. But I loved when they did stuff like that.

Anything Honeymooners totally wins with me....but Norton doing the Huckle-buck makes me pee everytime!!!  😃

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

Isles lose again. Mostly caught up to other teams and still a big chunk behind a wild card spot. Think they have 4 games in hand but 15 or so points behind. 

I think what’s even more pathetic is that as bad as the Islanders have been, they are still a point up on the Devils having played 7 games less than NJ.

What a nightmare. The Devils are so far from relevancy, even with the lucky lotto balls for Hughes and Hischier. 

• Applause 1

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I think what’s even more pathetic is that as bad as the Islanders have been, they are still a point up on the Devils having played 7 games less than NJ.

What a nightmare. The Devils are so far from relevancy, even with the lucky lotto balls for Hughes and Hischier. 

then you realize the Isles are aged, Devils have no direction, Flyers are all over the place, Blue Jackets stink, and the Capitals, while still good, are a very old team with no goaltending and a ton of money tied up in guys over 30 until 2025 or so.

• Like 1

Islanders window may have closed with Game 7 against TB.  Perhaps not so much because of what's going on with the Islanders as what's happening with other teams.  The Canes, Panthers and Rangers are on the rise, and the Penguins are surprisingly staying in mix.  Meanwhile, the Islanders, having subtracted Leddy and Eberle and added Chara, Parise and Palmieri, are worse.  

• Like 1