• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Out Of Town Scoreboard

Phil

9 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Devils up 3-0 after 1 on the Canucks. Granted, they’re not facing Demko. 

Hischier just rang one off the bar so almost 4-0. How? The Devils suck.

Devils looking like world beaters against them. SMH.

Wilson doing his thing against the Maple Leafs. Just roughed up Tavaras unmolested. Not remotely close to what, he did to be sad and not penalty worthy but sat him down on his ass after the whistle with no one making him answer for it as of yet. 

God I love Reaves on our team 

• VINNY! 2
  • Applause 1

4 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Hughes 4g, 7a, 11p in his last 5. He's putting up a really good season on a horrible Devils team. While we celebrate Laf's 5 in last 10 and a couple almost-assists.

Laurie Metcalf Jackie GIF by Roseanne

Jack Hughes TOI/G - 18:56

Alexis Lafreniere TOI/G - 13:51

Hughes is the guy for the Devils right now. Lafreniere is riding shotgun to two of our best players, and only recently. I get it, and I want that production too. But it isn't apples to apples just yet.

29 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Hughes is the guy for the Devils right now. Lafreniere is riding shotgun to two of our best players, and only recently. I get it, and I want that production too. But it isn't apples to apples just yet.

Sorry but TOI is not the story. Hughes is having a 40g/94pt season (current pace, over 82) and only 9 PPP. 

In fact, Hughes has MORE attention put on him as the #1C and biggest weapon.

I watched the Devil's last night and Hughes is absolutely dynamic in ways that Loaf and Kakka can only achieve in Chel. 

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

27 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Yes I know... It's just so frustrating.

All I'm asking for is ONE forward prospect to actually meet or outperform his expectations. Just one! Gaaaaah... I guess we just have to keep waiting.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Sorry but TOI is not the story. Hughes is having a 40g/94pt season (current pace, over 82) and only 9 PPP. 

I watched the Devil's last night and Hughes is absolutely dynamic in ways that Loaf and Kakka can only achieve in Chel. 

I agree on this as well, but I do think TOI is a factor. Hughes is dynamic and noticeable on every shift. His speed, his hands, his shot. It's all really, really impressive. I think the speed especially is a differentiating factor. Laf is more like a slow, deliberate playmaker who sees the play and is starting to be able to make that pass. Now if only the dolts he's playing with can put the puck in the net.

2 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I agree on this as well, but I do think TOI is a factor. Hughes is dynamic and noticeable on every shift. His speed, his hands, his shot. It's all really, really impressive. I think the speed especially is a differentiating factor. Laf is more like a slow, deliberate playmaker who sees the play and is starting to be able to make that pass. Now if only the dolts he's playing with can put the puck in the net.

Loaf had his best game last game and played almost 20 mins. Did he play more because he played better, or vice versa? You decide. 

However I'm ready to replace Strome with Laf on PP1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Loaf had his best game last game and played almost 20 mins. Did he play more because he played better, or vice versa? You decide. 

However I'm ready to replace Strome with Laf on PP1.

I had the same thought, but isn't he playing closer to the middle just behind Kreider? And Panarin is at the right circle? If Laf was on the right circle, I'd be 100% fine with that. I just don't know where Panarin ends up in that scenario.

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

I watched that one too, Pete.  The Devils seem to just have their way with the 'Nuks, don't they.....makes me laugh how we couldn't do shit against the same squad!  Even when they replaced Halak, they still pelted Demko with shots, and beat him pretty good twice!

On the Hughes front, yup!  He looks like he growing into a franchise player already.  I still think Laff is going to be a solid NHL'er but I just think it's going to take a little longer.  I see Laf as a soon to be "sniper" type scorer and not so much a driver of a line.  But who the hell knows?  He's looks to some good play making ability to me, but I'd rather see Laffy shoot it more.

Hughes is a super play maker with great vision, and as a center...their franchise center no less, he definitely garners most of the attention defensively.  You're right about that!

Laff's behind the curve a little, but I still believe, and we're seeing signs of life now with him.  I wanna see it in Kakko too, if the fucking guy would ever come back and play!  LOL

48 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

That was Lee's stick that saved it for the Aves.  Fuck the Fishsticks.

I watched it like 10 times and didn't realize till you said that it was Lee's stick. That is hilarious.  Haha

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Isles blow another!!!  ...and I'm loving it!

JT Miller looked pretty good in that one.  He's gonna cost us a ton!

And rumor has it, Vancouver isn't too hot on selling him so all of that narrative may be for naught.

• VINNY! 1

Just now, jsm7302 said:

And rumor has it, Vancouver isn't too hot on selling him so all of that narrative may be for naught.

They're still alive out there....and with Demko in net, I think there may be a very good chance they make the playoffs!  That kid reminds me of Igor a little bit, JSM!