• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

ESPN+/NHL TV

Dr. Jimmy

I’m still confused by this setup. Watching the game tonight they showed the games on ESPN+ in the coming days and it’s not a lot. Then using the nhl app there are a lot of games that don’t show ESPN+ as listed to cover the games. They aren’t even allowing you to stream the local broadcast feeds at all if it’s not an ESPN specific covered game? Last year if I paid for the NHl tv I got every single game, home and away feeds sans blackout games.

42 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I’m still confused by this setup. Watching the game tonight they showed the games on ESPN+ in the coming days and it’s not a lot. Then using the nhl app there are a lot of games that don’t show ESPN+ as listed to cover the games. They aren’t even allowing you to stream the local broadcast feeds at all if it’s not an ESPN specific covered game? Last year if I paid for the NHl tv I got every single game, home and away feeds sans blackout games.

It should be more or less the same thing with ESPN+ as it was with NHL.TV

On any given day, go to the NHL icon on ESPN+ and it should have all the games available on that day.  Don't know if you'll have both feeds though.  

ESPN+ won't carry the nationally televised games on TNT

EDIT: If you go into ESPN+, Click on Schedule/Replays, Click on Oct 14, you'll see the complete list of all the games that ESPN+ has for that day.  You get both feeds.  

Edited by Blue Heaven
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

It should be more or less the same thing with ESPN+ as it was with NHL.TV

On any given day, go to the NHL icon on ESPN+ and it should have all the games available on that day.  Don't know if you'll have both feeds though.  

ESPN+ won't carry the nationally televised games on TNT

EDIT: If you go into ESPN+, Click on Schedule/Replays, Click on Oct 14, you'll see the complete list of all the games that ESPN+ has for that day.  You get both feeds.  

Ah, yeah I think you might be right. Thank god!

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

Kravtsov for Boyle straight up

You know what's funny, Nashty....I was telling Keirik I wanted to see Boyle back last season after the World Championships.  He's such a great story, and he would've been entertaining down the stretch last season.  Not sure he'd fit now though.  I like what I've seen from Rooney.

I'm still holding out for Getzlaf at the deadline though!!  *wink*

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

You know what's funny, Nashty....I was telling Keirik I wanted to see Boyle back last season after the World Championships.  He's such a great story, and he would've been entertaining down the stretch last season.  Not sure he'd fit now though.  I like what I've seen from Rooney.

I'm still holding out for Getzlaf at the deadline though!!  *wink*

I was right there with you. Would have been a big upgrade over Howden. But then, I would be too. 

• LOL 1

5 hours ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

Hot garbage so far.  We've played 4 games and thus far I've been unable to watch 2 of them.  Got home from work all excited to watch, avoided the score all day and then log on to see the game is not there.  Fuck them.  Typical ESPN. 

Hmmm yea you’d think they would have all the games from The previous night or three. Kind of lame. 

13 hours ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

Hot garbage so far.  We've played 4 games and thus far I've been unable to watch 2 of them.  Got home from work all excited to watch, avoided the score all day and then log on to see the game is not there.  Fuck them.  Typical ESPN. 

Did they happen to be the 2 games that were on TNT (10/13 vs. WSH) and NHL Network (10/18 vs. TOR) and we're blacked out on ESPN+?

Otherwise, I am looking at the ESPN app now and I see both other games vs. DAL and MTL available for viewing. 

16 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

Did they happen to be the 2 games that were on TNT (10/13 vs. WSH) and NHL Network (10/18 vs. TOR) and we're blacked out on ESPN+?

Otherwise, I am looking at the ESPN app now and I see both other games vs. DAL and MTL available for viewing. 

The national blackouts suck.

I get simulcasting national games, but the blackouts....fuck em. Getting stuck with the Sportsnet crew for last night's game was the worst.