• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

January 28, 2022 - Henrik Lundqvist Night

Morphinity 2.0

Really looking forward to this one!!  Hank is pretty much the last of the "all timers" yet to be celebrated.

Hopefully we'll have a new generation of All Time Rangers in 10-15 years!   And hopefully I'll still be around to see it!! 

1 minute ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Think Jarkko Immonen will be there?

I love when threads devolve into the 'name random players' game

I think he's going to fly in with Maxim Kondratiev.

Edited by Pete

All joking aside, doesn’t it seem like just yesterday that this was just the beginning? It’s wild how time flies. I remember the birth of Henrik chant vs. Atlanta on a Saturday night (at first, it was “Lundqvist!”) and I remember that first month as a whole so vividly. It legitimately got to the point where you knew you were winning if he was in net; it was just a matter of if he’d get a shutout.

Then you blink your eyes, and all this time goes by. We were all along for this ride. He may not have won a Cup here (no fault of his own) but he was the face of this franchise for so long. Through thick and thin, whatever crap was going on in the outside world, you knew: 7pm, Hanks in net for the Rangers.

I think it’ll be a rough one for all of us tomorrow. So happy to see it happen but also just so sad that that ride is over. I love this current roster and where they’re going, but man. Hank, you’ll always be missed.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

9 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Lundqvist's emergence is a big reason why that '06-'06 Rangers team will always hold a special place for me.

He and Jagr really made it fun again for the first time eternity. Everyone expected that Jagr was at the end of his career (holy shit, we’re we ever fucking wrong there) and that Weekes would be the starter. We were supposed to be the worst team in the league. And it just…happened. Out of no where. And it was such a fun group. The Garden really loved that team.

We have obviously had many teams since much better than that team. But I agree. That team will always stand out. 

Yeah, Jagr was just really focused that year and took it to heart that everyone was picking the Rangers to be the worst team in the league. That line with he, Nylander and Straka was just perfect chemistry. Watching them, Lundqvist, etc., you could definitely feel like change was in the air. I'd sit there on my couch thinking, "This franchise is back".

19 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, Jagr was just really focused that year and took it to heart that everyone was picking the Rangers to be the worst team in the league. That line with he, Nylander and Straka was just perfect chemistry. Watching them, Lundqvist, etc., you could definitely feel like change was in the air. I'd sit there on my couch thinking, "This franchise is back".

I feel like all along we knew we weren’t long for the playoffs too; it was just a matter of finally getting back there. After the Olympics, they took a spill that eventually turned into a nosedive to end the year because the teams we were vying with for the division (New Jersey and Philly) both just had so much experience of knowing how to turn it on come playoff time. And even though it ended in what you would call chaotic fashion (being swept at home by your arch rival), it’s still a season we all look back to with a smile.

I hope some of those guys are back tomorrow night. It’d be nice to see a mix of all of the teams Hank was apart of here. 

Edited by RichieNextel305

5 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

He and Jagr really made it fun again for the first time eternity. Everyone expected that Jagr was at the end of his career (holy shit, we’re we ever fucking wrong there) and that Weekes would be the starter. We were supposed to be the worst team in the league. And it just…happened. Out of no where. And it was such a fun group. The Garden really loved that team.

We have obviously had many teams since much better than that team. But I agree. That team will always stand out. 

imagine if Bure didnt retire

• LOL 1