• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

January 28, 2022 - Henrik Lundqvist Night

Morphinity 2.0

9 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

All joking aside, doesn’t it seem like just yesterday that this was just the beginning? It’s wild how time flies. I remember the birth of Henrik chant vs. Atlanta on a Saturday night (at first, it was “Lundqvist!”) and I remember that first month as a whole so vividly. It legitimately got to the point where you knew you were winning if he was in net; it was just a matter of if he’d get a shutout.

Then you blink your eyes, and all this time goes by. We were all along for this ride. He may not have won a Cup here (no fault of his own) but he was the face of this franchise for so long. Through thick and thin, whatever crap was going on in the outside world, you knew: 7pm, Hanks in net for the Rangers.

I think it’ll be a rough one for all of us tomorrow. So happy to see it happen but also just so sad that that ride is over. I love this current roster and where they’re going, but man. Hank, you’ll always be missed.

It really sparked the golden age of bulletin board fandom haha. It was a nice change from the pre-lockout times.

59 minutes ago, G1000 said:

I am too, and I think it's being simulcast on NHL, so that's an option.

Up here we get shit like motocross races from '08 instead of pregame.

I was able to find something with the pre-game yesterday, so hopefully that is up tonight, too.

6 minutes ago, josh said:

Up here we get shit like motocross races from '08 instead of pregame.

I was able to find something with the pre-game yesterday, so hopefully that is up tonight, too.

Biggest pet peeve with Hulu/ESPN+ by far is that I can't get pre and post game.

Just now, G1000 said:

Biggest pet peeve with Hulu/ESPN+ by far is that I can't get pre and post game.

Yeah, that would be pretty cool, G.  I kinda like being able to catch those late night games though.  I probably wouldn't last through the Post-game on the 10pm starts though  LOL

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah, that would be pretty cool, G.  I kinda like being able to catch those late night games though.  I probably wouldn't last through the Post-game on the 10pm starts though  LOL

I'd care a whole lot less if I didn't genuinely find Hank and Vally interesting. 

4 minutes ago, G1000 said:

I'd care a whole lot less if I didn't genuinely find Hank and Vally interesting. 

Hank has been a godsend, hasn't he?  I suppose I should've guessed that he would be good at pretty much anything he tried, but he's been absolutely great on MSG this season.  I try never to miss the postgames he's working.

Valley's been pretty good this season as well.  Last year he was a little tough to listen to.  This year, he's been pretty more "to the point", I think, and he's calling it as he sees & feels it a bit more.  He's been pretty funny as well, which I kinda like!