• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Preseason Game #2: Rangers vs Bruins, 7pm, NHLN/MSG

Drew a Penalty

3 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Solid game.

Kakko looks fantastic and actually feels like a presence on that Panarin line. They're gonna have a good season.

Nemeth-Lundkvist can fuck off. I'm here for Jones-Schneider. Both of them were fantastic throughout the game. Given how Lundkvist looked on Sunday, I don't remotely think he has enough time to catch up to where Jones is right now. Lundkvist should be in Hartford, Jones should be in the NHL. I wish Schneider could be in the NHL too.

Richards quietly had a really strong game. I'd like to see him push for the 13th spot.

Jones looked great.

Still early with Schneider and Richards. But a great sign for Hartford 

• Like 1

I think that was the most I've seen the Rangers hit in the last 2 seasons combined. 

Panarin's line looks awesome. Love Kakko there. 

I'm a Jones hater but he and Schneider were very very good. 

I don't care what anyone says but that 4th line was fun to watch. Blais hits everything in sight.

I'm really looking forward to this season.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Kakko on that Marian Hossa like trajectory where he'll make smart plays and rack assists because he's so good at getting the puck to players who are positioned to make a good offensive play.

As long as it's not Marcel in okay with that 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Kakko on that Marian Hossa like trajectory where he'll make smart plays and rack assists because he's so good at getting the puck to players who are positioned to make a good offensive play.

I had this exact thought. The way he hangs on the the puck is pretty astounding and with a player like Panarin on his line, he's bound to put up some points this year and send that confidence through the roof.

11 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Solid game.

Kakko looks fantastic and actually feels like a presence on that Panarin line. They're gonna have a good season.

Nemeth-Lundkvist can fuck off. I'm here for Jones-Schneider. Both of them were fantastic throughout the game. Given how Lundkvist looked on Sunday, I don't remotely think he has enough time to catch up to where Jones is right now. Lundkvist should be in Hartford, Jones should be in the NHL. I wish Schneider could be in the NHL too.

Richards quietly had a really strong game. I'd like to see him push for the 13th spot.

I actually agree 100% and I think scneider/Jones solves more issues than Neimeth/Lundy just because you aren't going to get the best out of Lundy with Fox controlling the Pp1 anyway. 

35 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Jones-Schneider is such a legit pairing. Loving watching them both. It's like another Lindgren-Fox.

Best pair tonight if you ask me. I wasn’t sold on Jones until tonight he looks like he could legit be fox 2.0 (still a long way to go).

im having stomach pains thinking about letting any of these d prospects go. 

6 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Solid game.

Came here to say this too.

Its preseason,  but they looked waaayy better. Really didn't like that Nemeth contract as a signing JUST for Lundkvist..  Kinda counting chickens before they hatch. Definitely not worth giving a NTC.. Jones really did look like a steady presence and Schneider looked really smooth and comfortable while being pretty physical.  I think I heard 7 hits tonight? Give me Jones/Schneider over Nemeth/ Lundkvist right now. But.. pre-season. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

I actually agree 100% and I think scneider/Jones solves more issues than Neimeth/Lundy just because you aren't going to get the best out of Lundy with Fox controlling the Pp1 anyway. 

3 minutes ago, siddious said:

Best pair tonight if you ask me. I wasn’t sold on Jones until tonight he looks like he could legit be fox 2.0 (still a long way to go).

im having stomach pains thinking about letting any of these d prospects go. 

Lundkvist is a triggerman and not a quarterback like Fox. Jones is far more appropriate, especially if you need someone to QB the second unit. Jones is practically like having Tony DeAngelo again. He has a similar type of swagger and silkiness to his movement. I pretty much cream my pants every time I see him toe drag or move laterally. He's butter smooth.

At this point, I'd be legitimately upset if Lundkvist beat out Jones with the games they've played so far. One looks like an NHLer. The other does not.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

I think that was the most I've seen the Rangers hit in the last 2 seasons combined. 

Panarin's line looks awesome. Love Kakko there. 

I'm a Jones hater but he and Schneider were very very good. 

I don't care what anyone says but that 4th line was fun to watch. Blais hits everything in sight.

I'm really looking forward to this season.

“The #NYR threw 37 hits. The Reaves-Rooney-Blais line threw 13 of them. Sammy Blais led all Blueshirts with 8 hits. On defense Braden Schneider had 7 hits...Trouba has the biggest boom of the night.” (4EverBlueshirts)

We might have finally become tilted ever so slightly towards becoming a more physical team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Came here to say this too.

Its preseason,  but they looked waaayy better. Really didn't like that Nemeth contract as a signing JUST for Lundkvist..  Kinda counting chickens before they hatch. Definitely not worth giving a NTC.. Jones really did look like a steady presence and Schneider looked really smooth and comfortable while being pretty physical.  I think I heard 7 hits tonight? Give me Jones/Schneider over Nemeth/ Lundkvist right now. But.. pre-season. 

I mean it's not ideal, but they have the cap space to run Nemeth as a 7D. It's not as though he hasn't traditionally been a 6/7 anyway. If Jones and Schneider are gonna be this good...but let's see. This was against a mostly AHL lineup.

• Applause 1

49 minutes ago, Phil said:

Good as they looked, I don't think they'll hot shot Schneider to the NHL just yet. He feels like he could be on a McDonagh-like projection, though, playing maybe half the year in Hartford before he's called up and just never goes back.

Can he play in AHL? That age restriction shit - I'm not looking it up right now. He couldn't last season when his league was playing 

But yes, AHL