• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Preseason Game #2: Rangers vs Bruins, 7pm, NHLN/MSG

Drew a Penalty

2 minutes ago, CCCP said:

How useless Reeves was.  Slow and unimpressive, even against AHLers.  this guy should only see ice-time when the rangers need to kick someone's ass.  

You’re right he shouldn’t see a lot of ice time. But come on Simon it was 1 pre season game. That scuffle Miller got into, reaves was there immediately. Tell you what I rather have  reaves take over then see Miller have to get into it. 

• Like 1

Just now, siddious said:

You’re right he shouldn’t see a lot of ice time. But come on Simon it was 1 pre season game. That scuffle Miller got into, reaves was there immediately. Tell you what I rather have  reaves take over then see Miller have to get into it. 

i doubt Miller would've dropped them unless he was really provoked and ticked off.  It's great that Reeves was there but that's his job, he wont be there on the ice every time to stickup for kids.  (except for Kravtsov.  One more fighting lesson and he could kick Wilson's ass)

12 minutes ago, CCCP said:

How useless Reeves was.  Slow and unimpressive, even against AHLers.  this guy should only see ice-time when the rangers need to kick someone's ass.  

You really have turned into a negative Nelly! He didn’t cost them anything yesterday and he played a regular shift. I don’t think he was bad.

12 minutes ago, Kevin said:

You really have turned into a negative Nelly! He didn’t cost them anything yesterday and he played a regular shift. I don’t think he was bad.

sorry Kev, just my observations.  what fun would it be hanging out here if everyone was in agreement about everything?  

He didnt cost them anything playing against AHLers.  He didnt contribute much either (against AHLers).  i just dont see this guy being a regular unless ass-kicking is needed.

30 minutes ago, CCCP said:

Hopefully that's how they use him, but I fear it won't be.  Fighting seems like all he's got left now.  I just feel like this is the Brashear signing all over again.  Giving an extra year to a near 35 year old hockey player who started a noticeable decline last season was a very odd move. 

15 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I’m willing to bet Reaves plays a lot more games than some of you think. He was a regular in the lineup for Gallant. 

I honestly dont know what his PK abilities are but I envision he will get no more than a regular 4th line role. Maybe more in games where the physicality is upped.

I'm not worried about Reaves. He manages to put up 7 pts somehow and he's already more useful than Howden was last year.

I gotta stick to my guns, Pete.  I asked for him, and I still think he's going to be a sparkplug here.  I don't believe he's going to hurt us defensively and anything he scores or throws in the pot is a bonus.

One thing I noticed is that there sure wasn't any chippy play last night from Boston.  One get together and Reaves was in there in a second...Once he saw it was Reaves, I think he left a pellet in his panties!!!  LOL

Just now, Drew a Penalty said:

Reaves did play on the second PP unit for Gallant in Vegas. So that's not unheard of...but I think it'll be Blais.

I think Kredier is the net front goon on unit 1 (dont forget he either lead the league or was top 3 in PP goals last season). Blais on unit 2 unless he proves totally inefficient there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Everyone keeps saying Gallant loves him, but that was also 3 seasons ago...and we've heard "Accountability" yada yada yada re: Gallant. 

I think he gets into about 55-60 games and that'll be fine. 

I'd be cool with that! 

2 minutes ago, CCCP said:

i think he dresses up for "tough" games where muscle might be needed but against "easier" teams he'd probably sit to give someone else ice time.  I'm thinking he plays 30-35 games 

Assuming healthy, I’m going to say he plays 65+ 
prior to last year where he played 37 out of 56 games, from 14/15 on he’s played 70+ games 5 out of 6 years. 
81, 64,80,79,80,71, 37 ( shortened last season).

I don’t see him playing anything under 65 or so based on every other year. 

• Like 1