• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Preseason Game #3: Rangers at Devils, 7pm, MSG

Phil

Send down pretty much any forward that isn't already an NHL regular in this one. Hunt failed to do what made him noticeable in the first preseason game but I'd rather him over a more ineffective Barron or McKegg.

Lundkvist was better than the first game I guess? Still noting particularly good. Jones wasn't very good either but still better than Lundkvist. Schneider also steady.

Tinordi needs to be dropped into Mt. Doom.

Just now, Keirik said:

I’m there. Half of last season he looked like he didn’t belong . This is just a continuation of that thus far. 

You playing Tinordi over him, lol.

I didn't want Miller in the NHL last season because he was so raw, but he earned it. I think he has to stay. Maybe move him. But he's gotta learn he's not Adam Fox. He's going to be more of a SAH guy that uses his athleticism to break up plays.

17 minutes ago, josh said:

They dump it in because they have no other play, not as a form of pressure.

I mean I know but even when they do chase it their play along the board and pressure are awful. 

also that seems to be every single play tonight 

2 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

This is brutal lol

Jones over Miller for the opening night. I dont care if he’s taller, he’s not a better player atm.

And with the way Trouba plays, Fox gonna need to play 30+ min a night.

Trouba and Miller are a brutal pairing anyway. They both have zero foot or pivot speed. 

Just now, Drew a Penalty said:

I'm honestly excited to see stay-at-home defenseman Matt Robertson at this point. Just someone who can defend and make an outlet pass.

He's still more of a hybrid like Miller. These guys are all going to be exceptional all-around dmen.

I love me some SAHD, but not with 1st round picks. They need to be exceptional at both ends.

2 minutes ago, josh said:

He's still more of a hybrid like Miller. These guys are all going to be exceptional all-around dmen.

I love me some SAHD, but not with 1st round picks. They need to be exceptional at both ends.

He is but he's a more technically sound defenseman than Miller. Miller is more raw athleticism.

9 minutes ago, josh said:

You playing Tinordi over him, lol.

I didn't want Miller in the NHL last season because he was so raw, but he earned it. I think he has to stay. Maybe move him. But he's gotta learn he's not Adam Fox. He's going to be more of a SAH guy that uses his athleticism to break up plays.

Well, I’m not into Tinordi either but at this point, I think it’s so clear Miller regressed. At the very least him and Trouba shouldn’t be on the ice at the same time. It’s like dumb and dumber out there 

• Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

I try not to really pay too much attention this time of year honestly. So much overhype and optimism for guys I know so little about and expectations that just because guys are a year older they're going to take major steps forward.  Let the real games begin and then 10-15 games in we can get a true feel for where we stand on what we really have with this years roster. Until then it's mostly fodder and ugly at that.

Edited by jsrangers

58 minutes ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

Didn't get to watch this one but feels like a typical Gerard Gallant coaching job, a whole lot of nothing with no direction.  

I have to say, I disagree with this. Respectfully of course. Gallant here is being pretty genius when you think about it. Preseason means dog shit. However, adversity in preseason might show him who the fuck he has with balls to take the reigns. It’s kind of brilliant when you think about it. He’s made statements multiple times about wanting a captain iirc. Now we get to see who wants that role. Tonight’s game showed no one. When the other half gets out there next game????