• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Preseason Game #3: Rangers at Devils, 7pm, MSG

Phil

7 hours ago, Keirik said:

I have to say, I disagree with this. Respectfully of course. Gallant here is being pretty genius when you think about it. Preseason means dog shit. However, adversity in preseason might show him who the fuck he has with balls to take the reigns. It’s kind of brilliant when you think about it. He’s made statements multiple times about wanting a captain iirc. Now we get to see who wants that role. Tonight’s game showed no one. When the other half gets out there next game????

I think you’re overthinking it

Preseason is all about systems and this team is learning a new one. I expect the sloppiness, what concerns me is the lackluster 1 on 1 play, guys getting beat clean on 1:1 rushes and battles. Getting your compete level up or taking a good angle has nothing to do with systems.

Also concerning, the offense hasn't been all that good in any of the games. They are making bad passes and bad decisions with regularity.

Still, we'll see the last 2 preseason games with everyone in their projected "spot", so there's still time.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Preseason is all about systems and this team is learning a new one. I expect the sloppiness, what concerns me is the lackluster 1 on 1 play, guys getting beat clean on 1:1 rushes and battles. Getting your compete level up or taking a good angle has nothing to do with systems.

Also concerning, the offense hasn't been all that good in any of the games. They are making bad passes and bad decisions with regularity.

Still, we'll see the last 2 preseason games with everyone in their projected "spot", so there's still time.

I think the “other lineup” (not thr one who played yesterday or game 1) looks a lot stronger. Not amazing, but better. 

im not so worried about losing in pre-season but like you, I wasnt happy with the effort. Which is concerning because it was one of my gripes with Quinn’s teams. 

34 minutes ago, Pete said:

I think if that was the case, the opposing team would’ve played as sloppy. Devils looked pretty good against the rangers, so did the Boston AHL roster. 
its pre-season but so far i dont like what im seeing

35 minutes ago, CCCP said:

I think if that was the case, the opposing team would’ve played as sloppy. Devils looked pretty good against the rangers, so did the Boston AHL roster. 
its pre-season but so far i dont like what im seeing

Except those teams aren't learning a new system and playing for a new coach.

It's fair to say that the team was missing some pieces, but it's bad when two of your regulars are beat down as badly as Miller and Trouba were. They were out for 5 and 4 goals respectively.

The forwards were terrible as providing close support for the defense, though, and were completely incapable of getting through the neutral zone. That's on the predominantly AHL offense that was dressed.

I was really looking forward to this one when I got back in the office today!!  What a fucking mess this game was!!  ...and I knew there'd be a a few doozies!  So here goes!

....And the finalists for Friday night's debacle are the following:

On 10/1/2021 at 7:11 PM, Keirik said:

Mute and listen to my wife talk or full volume and listen to these clowns. 

On 10/1/2021 at 8:11 PM, josh said:

I'm more comfortable with Shesterkin handling the puck than most of the Rangers Dmen.

On 10/1/2021 at 9:14 PM, torontonyr said:

This game is like my high school experience, meaningless in the large scheme of things, and with people I'll never remember, but man what a painful time.

On 10/2/2021 at 1:32 AM, CBrowningPI said:

Miller and Trouba suck donkey dick. That's my takeaway from this game.

...And the winner is Toronto with his deep and telling simile!!!! LOL!!!