• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Robin Lehner Attempting to 'fix' Eichel Situation

Phil

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Right. But you've been driving for 15 years and you know when the transmission isn't right.

driver's arent mechanics much like hockey players are far from being being doctors.  if you sprain your ankle and your doctor tells you you need a cast on your arm, then you'd be questioning your doctor.  Did you go to three different doctors to confirm that your hip healed properly?  or did you take your operating doctor's expertise on it?  

that's definitely fair. 

I think I mentioned this point in the actual Eichel thread. I do think players should have some bodily autonomy to make these calls for themselves. With that said, I wouldn't want to necessarily open the door to some crackpot looney tunes doctor who thinks rubbing crystals will cure your blown ACL either.

1 minute ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

that's definitely fair. 

I think I mentioned this point in the actual Eichel thread. I do think players should have some bodily autonomy to make these calls for themselves. With that said, I wouldn't want to necessarily open the door to some crackpot looney tunes doctor who thinks rubbing crystals will cure your blown ACL either.

Right, or a doctor that makes $100K a pop for a surgery and is too willing to go to the knife. 

Edited by Pete

4 hours ago, Pete said:

You always have a choice. If you don't like what your doctor is telling you, you can always find a new one. 

Eichel and Patrick aren't too far apart in age but Eichel doesn't seem to have an issue looking for another path.

Maybe it's family support system or a better agent? Where is the agent in all this, since players by and large don't even wipe their ass without guidance from an agent ... ?

I mean.. If you are Eichel I am sure thats probably true. Cant imagine a 3rd liner in this league is going to have the same luxury when he is fighting day in and day out to stay in the league and make a couple of bucks before he is replaced.

18 minutes ago, siddious said:

I mean.. If you are Eichel I am sure thats probably true. Cant imagine a 3rd liner in this league is going to have the same luxury when he is fighting day in and day out to stay in the league and make a couple of bucks before he is replaced.

By the time you're a third liner in the NHL you're already likely a multimillionaire. 

Lehner posted a video on twitter.

i got all the wrong feels from that. “All behind closed doors, not in public” repeated 39 times. Looks like legal advice to avoid lawsuits.

and I don’t understand why he would want to stay private with the NHL’s progress on implementing programs to address the issues (investigations and personal shit being confidential and private).