• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Reaves Day-to-Day with Lower-Body Injury

Phil

11 hours ago, Phil said:

Yup. I love the guy, and I don't disagree he was kind of overkill. But I say that mostly because I think it was a massive waste of time to even sign Tinordi in the first place. Reaves + Blais + Goodrow is a solid off season to address composition issues.

I think you saw last night why Reaves is so important to have on the team.

In a preseason game - a game in which Reaves himself was the victim - the Rangers got angry. They got physical. They beat the Devils on the walls, and on the ice, and on the scoreboard. They reacted in every possible way to the point that Subban was told to leave the ice for his own safety while down by four.

That right there - that attitude? That's why you have Ryan Reaves. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

9 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Accidentally on purpose.

I gotta tell ya though, Sharpy...I really liked seeing the guys rally around and fuck with Subban...especially Kreider.  Where the fuck has that been all these years???

I'm telling ya man, I think having a watch dog like Reaves in the backyard makes everyone's balls the size of Hippity Hops!!  LOL

Just now, Ozzy said:

I gotta tell ya though, Sharpy...I really liked seeing the guys rally around and fuck with Subban...especially Kreider.  Where the fuck has that been all these years???

I'm telling ya man, I think having a watch dog like Reaves in the backyard makes everyone's balls the size of Hippity Hops!!  LOL

Absolutely. That was a huge positive that came out of all of that.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, G1000 said:

I think you saw last night why Reaves is so important to have on the team.

In a preseason game - a game in which Reaves himself was the victim - the Rangers got angry. They got physical. They beat the Devils on the walls, and on the ice, and on the scoreboard. They reacted in every possible way to the point that Subban was told to leave the ice for his own safety while down by four.

That right there - that attitude? That's why you have Ryan Reaves. 

lets not forget they played an AHL team

3 hours ago, ThirtyONE said:

Last night, Blais said Reaves is the dad in the locker room. Whatever he does on the ice is secondary to that fact. The team likes him. They respect him. They know he's going to battle for them and so they battle for him. That's why you trade for Reaves. 

No one is disputing this. My point was if this team can't win on the ice without Reaves, they're in trouble.

1 hour ago, siddious said:

good news. I still want reaves vs wilson opening night though

Yes! 

I hope they play this up really well like he may not be able to go, and at the last minute....Oh hey!!  There's number 75!!!  It'll be a good brawl though!  Wilson's a fuckin' bull!  I wanna see Reaver get in a couple good haymakers though.

Just now, Ozzy said:

Yes! 

I hope they play this up really well like he may not be able to go, and at the last minute....Oh hey!!  There's number 75!!!  It'll be a good brawl though!  Wilson's a fuckin' bull!  I wanna see Reaver get in a couple good haymakers though.

yea with that said I fully expect them not to even fight ?

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Yes! 

*Stone Cold Steve Austin music hits*

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

I commented on MSG ice - LOL but not really, it always seems to be something with our rink. I don’t understand why. 

Because unlike many other rinks, the ice is on the 5th floor and all that Penn Station heat rises...it's very difficult to keep the ice solid when there's all that heat.

• Like 2