• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Forget Eichel, Upgrade on Chytil

Phil

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Because I like good hockey players.

Also, if only there was a place where I explained why I want to trade Chytil, like the OP, or something.

Pavelski isnt a guy I trade Chytil for. Not at their respective ages and contribution.

Hajek + 3rd for Pavelski at 4m is fine.

but, is that your deadline move? May be a little underwhelming.

Edited by josh

2 hours ago, Costa said:

So what do you do?? Do you trade Strome and/or Chytil to a contender?? If we keep Chytil he has to be a winger, so now worst case we are in the market for 2 centers.

I don't get why Goodrow isn't the teams 3rd line center. Like already... 

I could see some centers becoming available if the Rangers will trade some of- Chytil, Kravstov, Lundkvist, Jones, Miller and Georgiev . Gotta deal some of these guys. Can't keep em all. And you can't expect youth in return.

Also remember, if you bargain shop, you're getting someone else's garbage. Pay the price. Get someone good. 

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Pavelski has 88 points the last two seasons plus the start of this year. 51 of those points are at even strength.

"Used to be good."

You realize he’s 37 years old?  I mean I could understand moving your young players and prospects if your team is one or two pieces away from a championship, but whats the point of having Pavelski now? 

2 hours ago, CCCP said:

You realize he’s 37 years old?  I mean I could understand moving your young players and prospects if your team is one or two pieces away from a championship, but whats the point of having Pavelski now? 

I think the point of having him now is that realistically, how far away are we in terms of pieces? Pavelski fits every box. Clutch, good from the draw, puts up points when it matters, and is at an age where a lesser role is amazing for him. Think Brad Richards without asking him to play 20 minutes a night.  On paper we are so close. Teams with a hell of a lot lesser players have achieved a lot more than us. 

id have no problem with a trade to obtain him assuming he would take less to stay after this year. Guy wants a cup. We want a cup. We have a Norris winner, a top young goalie, a top two way center, a Russian elite winger, a power forward , and a 1/2 draft pick. For fucks sake, how much more do we need before we say “guys it’s time.” 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keirik said:

We have a Norris winner, a top young goalie, a top two way center, a Russian elite winger, a power forward , and a 1/2 draft pick. For fucks sake, how much more do we need before we say “guys it’s time.” 

For one, we'd need them to actually start playing like a team. This is a list of players...Half of them playing terrible hockey right now.

And the coach...has not sold any of the players of doing anything differently than the last coach who everyone thought was the issue.

This team gets shelled on the nightly basis. Their team D is atrocious. I don't know that adding a 38 yr old 3C is moving the needle much. 

He's a guy you add when you like your team and you can get him for spare parts. There's not a lot to like about this team right now, despite individual player success. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Pete is correct.  Pavelski is a guy you add as a final piece of the puzzle if your team has bought in like the Islanders or Carolina.  We're not in a position to be thinking about deadline rentals (and a 38 year old, whatever his contract, is essentially a rental).  Talk to me when our dangerous chances allowed has been reduced from 30th (or whatever it is exactly now) to about 6th or 7th.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1