• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

15 minutes ago, br-avery said:

I wouldn't mind that, but Hell I don't even think Kakko has shown anything to deserve to be in the top 6.

Maybe he  breaks out tomorrow.

He hasn't, but you have to try him in a role that's most likely to unlock his offense.

• Like 1

Tomorrow nignt the Oilers are retiring Kevin Lowe's #4 before he gets inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame . As an aside, the Rangers should have long retired #4 for Ron Greschner and Kevin Lowe; may be this will be an impetus for that. Sadly Greschner's mom passed away so she won't be able to see that. No idea if anyone from M$G reads this forum,but rather than bore us with nonsense stats ,  stilted interviews with the weird Michelle Gingras and the meandering crosstalk of Joe and Sam, perhaps you can simply show us the ceremony. Please do not repeat the fiasco that was opening night for the Habs, of not showing that in favor of the above, along with not bothering to even google the trainer who was retiring. Figures to feature a number of players who were also New York Rangers during their career. Lowe is not only hockey history, but Rangers history Might actually be...fun? 

Edited by Bugg
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

59 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Tomorrow nignt the Oilers are retiring Kevin Lowe's #4 before he gets inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame . As an aside, the Rangers should have long retired #4 for Ron Greschner and Kevin Lowe; may be this will be an impetus for that. Sadly Greschner's mom passed away so she won't be able to see that. No idea if anyone from M$G reads this forum,but rather than bore us with nonsense stats ,  stilted interviews with the weird Michelle Gingras and the meandering crosstalk of Joe and Sam, perhaps you can simply show us the ceremony. Please do not repeat the fiasco that was opening night for the Habs, of not showing that in favor of the above, along with not bothering to even google the trainer who was retiring. Figures to feature a number of players who were also New York Rangers during their career. Lowe is not only hockey history, but Rangers history Might actually be...fun? 

Nope. Can't run commercials during it. 

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, ThirtyONE said:

Gallant has given everyone a fair shake at this point. The offense continues to look like it's missing at least one more skilled player. I really don't know what the solution is at this point. 

Nothing to do but let the first round picks develop. 

14 hours ago, Bugg said:

No offense, but why would MSG Network show the Habs opening night festivities? I don’t think MSG has ever shown the opposing teams home opening ceremonies. I don’t think many broadcasts ever really do.

Tonight will be a fun one. Edmonton can obviously fly. One of our only chances to see McDavid.

14 hours ago, Pete said:

Nothing to do but let the first round picks develop. 

Yup pretty much. This is the level of production we're going to have to accept until they develop over the coming seasons, short of the Rangers going out an acquiring a top 6 scoring winger. But I can't see them giving up developing aspects/picks given the direction they've chosen, but who knows what they decide at the deadline. 

4 minutes ago, CCCP said:

McKegg isnt going anywhere.  He kills penalties and is trusted to be out there to close out the game.  I would think it would be Hunt

McKegg is still waivers exempt as he has not played 10 games after clearing waivers in early October.

All non-kids have to go through waivers.

13 minutes ago, CCCP said:

i understand but i doubt its going to be Mckegg.  i think he's here to stay

This is what I have been saying.. but again, they need to waive someone.

I dont think Drury understands that process. Unless they really plan on sending down Lafreniere or Kakko and still have Hajek and Gauthier sit. But, again, that would fall under not understanding the process.

1 minute ago, jsrangers said:

I'm kinda tired of hearing this.

Yeah obviously they need to shoot more, but they need help to figure out how they do it. Are they supposed to start firing shots from the red line? Because that's often where they get stopped.

"Crash the net", "put more pucks to the net" - well, when our entire 2nd line hates to shoot, Kreider don't know how to (to be fair he has a couple nice snipes this season) and Lafreniere never gets the puck to shoot (unless someone dekes the entire team and gives him an open net) that leaves us with Zibanejad and bottom 6 scrubs to shoot. Gauthier crashes the net all the fucking time, but he can't do much else. Hunt doesn't do anything else then firing off shots, but he misses all the time.

tl;dr - We don't have any shooters on the team.

Well, Gauthier doesn't crash the net all the time. He only goes to the net when he gets the puck in his own zone, skates along the boards, cuts through to the net with his one move. And then he's invisible for the next 3 games until he does it again.

They're soft, perimeter players. This is why we wanted a big bodied center during the offseason.

The grit they added loves to stay on the outside. You only see Blais taking runs at guys in the corner, or trying to stick handle the puck near the blueline only to dump it into the corner. Goodrow has no hands, Gauthier has no vision, Hunt just circles around the outside, Panarin plays like a scared 8 year old, Strome has no legs, Zibanejad is more inconsistent than Kreider, Lafreniere is chasing, Kakko is choking, Reaves is too slow, McKegg is too shitty. That leaves us with Rooney. And he leads the team is ES goals!

When Zibanejad is going, he scores all of his goals around the net. And it becomes infectious. As he and Panarin stick to soft perimeter play, you're going to see the trend continue.

Just now, josh said:

Well, Gauthier doesn't crash the net all the time. He only goes to the net when he gets the puck in his own zone, skates along the boards, cuts through to the net with his one move. And then he's invisible for the next 3 games until he does it again.

They're soft, perimeter players. This is why we wanted a big bodied center during the offseason.

The grit they added loves to stay on the outside. You only see Blais taking runs at guys in the corner, or trying to stick handle the puck near the blueline only to dump it into the corner. Goodrow has no hands, Gauthier has no vision, Hunt just circles around the outside, Panarin plays like a scared 8 year old, Strome has no legs, Zibanejad is more inconsistent than Kreider, Lafreniere is chasing, Kakko is choking, Reaves is too slow, McKegg is too shitty. That leaves us with Rooney. And he leads the team is ES goals!

When Zibanejad is going, he scores all of his goals around the net. And it becomes infectious. As he and Panarin stick to soft perimeter play, you're going to see the trend continue.

Sad Cry GIF by RauwCC

Me, reading the bolded.