• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

seeing the lineup today kinda pisses me off with the kravstov situation. I know we see Kravstov as a top 6 forward and all. I get he's not gonna be on a checking line or anything, but I think Goodrow, Chytil and Kravstov would actually make a pretty good line. 

Maybe that was the plan all along but they wanted a harder hitter in Hunt in the lineup for the washington game? And Kravstov reacted poorly to a move that wouldn't have lasted long/failed a test from management to see how he'd react?

Either way, this is a bit of a waste. I'm fine with the idea that we have to move forward based on what the situation is today, and not worry about what it means for picks made 3 years ago. But I just hope we aren't overcorrecting an issue and missing out on what could be a very good player long term. Even if you don't envision him being higher up in the lineup at any point, his value instantly drops because you didnt want to lose Hajek for nothing. 

2 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

seeing the lineup today kinda pisses me off with the kravstov situation. I know we see Kravstov as a top 6 forward and all. I get he's not gonna be on a checking line or anything, but I think Goodrow, Chytil and Kravstov would actually make a pretty good line. 

Maybe that was the plan all along but they wanted a harder hitter in Hunt in the lineup for the washington game? And Kravstov reacted poorly to a move that wouldn't have lasted long/failed a test from management to see how he'd react?

Either way, this is a bit of a waste. I'm fine with the idea that we have to move forward based on what the situation is today, and not worry about what it means for picks made 3 years ago. But I just hope we aren't overcorrecting an issue and missing out on what could be a very good player long term. Even if you don't envision him being higher up in the lineup at any point, his value instantly drops because you didnt want to lose Hajek for nothing. 

We will never know the truth because Drury is an absolute mute. In this case it hurts him more than it helps him. Vince Mercogliano said it on his podcast "There is no way Drury sent Kravtsov down without knowing there was a good chance of some backlash"- this is the only reason I think Kravtsov has some serious growing up to do. My guess was he was going to get a quick call up after hajek got moved. Now we will likely never know. And if this is the case then that speaks volumes about the communication Drury and co. have with these prospects. Of course this is all conjecture. We knew some of these prospects wouldnt hit but 2 of 4 top 10 picks not panning out in less than 5 years is pretty bad IMO. 

• Like 1

Just now, siddious said:

We will never know the truth because Drury is an absolute mute. In this case it hurts him more than it helps him. Vince Mercogliano said it on his podcast "There is no way Drury sent Kravtsov down without knowing there was a good chance of some backlash"- this is the only reason I think Kravtsov has some serious growing up to do. My guess was he was going to get a quick call up after hajek got moved. Now we will likely never know. And if this is the case then that speaks volumes about the communication Drury and co. have with these prospects. Of course this is all conjecture. We knew some of these prospects wouldnt hit but 2 of 4 top 10 picks not panning out in less than 5 years is pretty bad IMO. 

Luckily our late firsts/other later round picks seem to be making enough of a difference.

It'd be great if the 'permission to explore a trade' is different from a 'trade demand' and that a relationship can be repaired in short order. Not holding out hope of it though.

On the one hand, it definitely reeks of immaturity and entitlement from Kravstov

On the other, and I mentioned this early in the thread, that players do sometimes need to step up and take action to protect their careers. Its not Drury's job to make sure Kravstov's career goes well, its his job to make the Rangers a winner, with or without Kravstov. If the player thinks the GM is gonna keep him pigeonholed into a minor league/bottom 6 spot, I get wanting to take action to get your career sorted out sooner rather than later. Spend enough time in those roles and thats all any other organization will see you as.

2 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Luckily our late firsts/other later round picks seem to be making enough of a difference.

It'd be great if the 'permission to explore a trade' is different from a 'trade demand' and that a relationship can be repaired in short order. Not holding out hope of it though.

On the one hand, it definitely reeks of immaturity and entitlement from Kravstov

On the other, and I mentioned this early in the thread, that players do sometimes need to step up and take action to protect their careers. Its not Drury's job to make sure Kravstov's career goes well, its his job to make the Rangers a winner, with or without Kravstov. If the player thinks the GM is gonna keep him pigeonholed into a minor league/bottom 6 spot, I get wanting to take action to get your career sorted out sooner rather than later. Spend enough time in those roles and thats all any other organization will see you as.

And in all fairness to Krav it seems like Drury and Gallant expect Kravtsov to come in and be a complete player meanwhile Laf, Kakko, Miller, and even Chytil have all done growing up on the big roster.

4 minutes ago, siddious said:

And in all fairness to Krav it seems like Drury and Gallant expect Kravtsov to come in and be a complete player meanwhile Laf, Kakko, Miller, and even Chytil have all done growing up on the big roster.

Drury and Gallant weren't in charge last year or the year before.  Chytil was sent to Hartford twice.  There are no questions about Laf or Kakko's work ethic.

Like do we really think Gallant and Drury are just bullying Krav?

3 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Drury and Gallant weren't in charge last year or the year before.  Chytil was sent to Hartford twice.  There are no questions about Laf or Kakko's work ethic.

Yea cuz I said they're bullying him. 

Im not saying Krav has been perfect but by all accounts he was doing the right things too- straight from Drury and Ortmeyer's mouths. 

4 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Did you hibernate through Kakkos rookie slow trot? 

5 minutes ago, siddious said:

Yea cuz I said they're bullying him. 

Im not saying Krav has been perfect but by all accounts he was doing the right things too- straight from Drury and Ortmeyer's mouths. 

@Phil posted the article yesterday.  Bad exit interview, not happy with how he spends his offseason.  So no, by all accounts Krav wasn't doing the right things.  

I know you didn't say they were bullying him.  They didn't feel Krav made the team.  So unless they are purposely picking on him for reasons, or trying to sabotage the organization, then Krav is 100% at fault here and should just go play and prove he belongs.

6 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

What do Quinn's lineup choices or Gorton's roster moves have to do with what Drury and Gallant are doing today?

Just pointing out that there definitely been concerns of Kakkos work ethic. Hell you can say there have been concerns with Alf’s chubbiness in the past.  You weren’t clear that you’re talking about just now with that. 

1 minute ago, Long live the King said:

@Phil posted the article yesterday.  Bad exit interview, not happy with how he spends his offseason.  So no, by all accounts Krav wasn't doing the right things.  

I know you didn't say they were bullying him.  They didn't feel Krav made the team.  So unless they are purposely picking on him for reasons, or trying to sabotage the organization, then Krav is 100% at fault here and should just go play and prove he belongs.

Again I am not saying hes innocent, I have said in other posts he needs to grow up so we agree there. Just pointing out there were times where all of the other prospects I listed should have been sent down and with the exception of Chytil, were allowed to work through their issues here. Maybe it just comes down to luck and were done with the rebuild soo bad timing for Krav but if thats the case why not move him in the off season? 

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Just pointing out that there definitely been concerns of Kakkos work ethic. Hell you can say there have been concerns with Alf’s chubbiness in the past.  You weren’t clear that you’re talking about just now with that. 

I've never seen a report that the Rangers Brass was unhappy with Kakko's work ethic.

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

Again I am not saying hes innocent, I have said in other posts he needs to grow up so we agree there. Just pointing out there were times where all of the other prospects I listed should have been sent down and with the exception of Chytil, were allowed to work through their issues here. Maybe it just comes down to luck and were done with the rebuild soo bad timing for Krav but if thats the case why not move him in the off season? 

Why move in the offseason?  He was in camp to earn a spot.  He didn't.  So go play a couple games in Hartford and prove you're ready...like 99% of other prospects.

11 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Why move in the offseason?  He was in camp to earn a spot.  He didn't.  So go play a couple games in Hartford and prove you're ready...like 99% of other prospects.

Because of the reasons I listed in my post. I am just saying you know he hasnt taken being sent down before well, he has value, if youre not going to start letting prospects be prospects then just move him for a team need. 

I dont want to keep talking about this. Krav needs to grow up. We agree on that. 

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

Because of the reasons I listed in my post. I am just saying you know he hasnt taken being sent down before well, he has value, if youre not going to start letting prospects be prospects then just move him for a team need. 

I dont want to keep talking about this. Krav needs to grow up. We agree on that. 

As others have mentioned, they could have been intent on moving him and Jones for Eichel but it just never worked out.

46 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

I don't know how many ways/times you can keep repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again, without adding anything new to the simple point you are making.

We get what you are saying; I simply just don't agree with it.

Just now, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

I don't know how many ways/times you can keep repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again, without adding anything new to the simple point you are making.

We get what you are saying; I simply just don't agree with it.

What is there to add?  What is there to even agree with?  The coach cut you. Suck it up and go play...or don't.  Up to you kid.  I'm gonna defer to Gallant's opinion since he has coached way more NHL games than me and watched practice everyday all camp. 

• Applause 1

2 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

What is there to add?  What is there to even agree with?  The coach cut you. Suck it up and go play...or don't.  Up to you kid.  I'm gonna defer to Gallant's opinion since he has coached way more NHL games than me and watched practice everyday all camp. 

Yup. Got it the 17th time you said it.