• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

43 minutes ago, siddious said:

Sounds like Bobrov was the one who promised them guaranteed spots. I think that’s important to know here.

Drury dumping Buch, and wasting money on Goodrow and Nemeth, was supposed to be in part to pretty much guaranteeing him a spot. This is on Drury. He flexed and it wasn't right. Dryden Hunt was more valuable to him. 

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, josh said:

He was fired in May, well before the start of camp.

Yeah, he had fired his prior agent and went with a new one. Honestly, I still don’t understand who it can’t be a hodge pudge of everyone’s fault. We are using the NYpost as reasons to point the finger at Krav with articles of zero concrete facts but then bash the post for just reading internet boards to gather info for articles. Further, if this IS inside information, then how the hell is this organization leaking this stuff? Third player in like 3 years where info is mysteriously leaked or made public when i5 doesn’t need to be. Some shady shit going on there in my mind. 
   Ultimately you can say that a young player should stfu but they are kids. Kids do or say stupid shit. To me, it’s on that organization to work with these players, communicate accurately, and sometimes it means being the nurturing parent instead of the one that slams a door just because “my house my rules” kind of stuff. 

• Like 1

Pretty disappointing behavior from Kravtsov, to be sure, but on tbe other hand, it's pretty clear that the Ranger FO was sending mixed messages in multiple respects.

Between Lias, Tony, Lemieux, and now Kravtsov, all in short order, there's been plenty of egg on people's faces. 

Jettisoning (for nothing) very useful pieces and replacing them with utter garbage like Tinordi and Reaves doesn't leave a great taste in my mouth, and is ultimately self defeating. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

Kravtsov should apologize, and report to Hartford. The trade request can remain after a 'closed' discussion if he wants, but I think the organization and the fans would react positively if he puts his head down, and succeeds in the AHL. Kravtsov cannot let this drag out as it will not be good for his career.

If Kravtsov and his agents do not see this, they're either idiots or very short-sighted.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Elliotte Friedman 32 Thoughts tonight said that the Rangers offered Kravtsov the opportunity to come back by going to Hartford to work his way back.  No word from the Kravtsov camp yet.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/sabres-dont-want-retain-salary-jack-eichel-trade/

I mean if it’s that wording then they are offering the exact same thing they offered in the first place lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, josh said:

Well, they cut Kravtsov because Gauthier had a better camp. They called up mckegg when strome was out. Gauthier is a healthy scratch, and will be getting Kakkos spot. He "earned" it. 

I understand your point but Gauthier's not a center though. He's also never publicly complained about the team or his career trajectory as a bottom 6 player up to this point. Gauthier,  like Laf and Kakko, has also had limited time with the top 6 on this team. Laf and Kakko have both shown a lot playing with those guys, Gauthier is the next man up.

I will say that this season will be critical if he wants to be a top 6 player here or anywhere else in the future. Krav pushed himself out of a spot when he was ahead of Gauthier on the talent curve. Depending on how serious Kakko's injury is the team can still gain or lose an asset in these two players.

Krav can't plead his case at home.  Gauthier has the eyes of the team on him now more than before, if he shows more consistency throughout the year or through stepping up for injured guys he's still more of an asset compared to the more talented guy who took his ball and went home.

15 minutes ago, AliveIn94 said:

I understand your point but Gauthier's not a center though. He's also never publicly complained about the team or his career trajectory as a bottom 6 player up to this point. Gauthier,  like Laf and Kakko, has also had limited time with the top 6 on this team. Laf and Kakko have both shown a lot playing with those guys, Gauthier is the next man up.

I will say that this season will be critical if he wants to be a top 6 player here or anywhere else in the future. Krav pushed himself out of a spot when he was ahead of Gauthier on the talent curve. Depending on how serious Kakko's injury is the team can still gain or lose an asset in these two players.

Krav can't plead his case at home.  Gauthier has the eyes of the team on him now more than before, if he shows more consistency throughout the year or through stepping up for injured guys he's still more of an asset compared to the more talented guy who took his ball and went home.

Goodrow can play center and many figured him to be here to eventually do so, when Chytil either gets traded, moved to wing or takes Stromes job. 

The fucking guy was brought in to win faceoffs and be hard to play against.  When is the criticism going to start? He's been invisible. First chance to play him at center and they go with McKegg???? 

Nevermind Gauthier is coming off his most complete game as a Ranger, where he dominated the front of the net as a screen presence and consistently took the puck to the net. 

I mean, did the media even ASK why Gallant took him out if the lineup? What happened to rewarding good play? It's another slap in the face for these guys 

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah if he wasn't going to play Gauthier for some reason, this would've been the game to use Goodrow at center, no? I don't get it.

Not necessarily.  

But now with kakko out, Gauthier is next up. Not Kravtsov.  

So, other scenario. He accepted the assignment, told he's next up. Two guys go down, and his number still isn't called.

27 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah if he wasn't going to play Gauthier for some reason, this would've been the game to use Goodrow at center, no? I don't get it.

No matter what, it's the game to use Goodrow at center.

Lafreniere-Zibanejad- Kreider 

Panarin- Chytil- Kakko

Blaise- Goodrow- Gauthier 

Hunt- Rooney- Reaves. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

The fucking guy was brought in to win faceoffs and be hard to play against.

Goody was on the ice for both empty net faceoffs and they were given to Rooney instead, who lost both.

he’s clearly a better player than the start he’s having but he’s not getting any nods right now. 

15 hours ago, josh said:

He was fired in May, well before the start of camp.

Promises could have been made at the draft? Which might explain why he’s always had an “attitude”

I just thought it was interesting- at least now we know why bobrov was fired. 

On 10/14/2021 at 10:20 AM, Pete said:

Or you could look at it as Krav fucked up with 2 front offices who both decided he should be in the A?

Also not sure what being 20 or 21 has to do with it. Jones is 21 and Barron is 22. They are handling their demotions just fine.

Are they coming from another country with a language barrier and having their entire lives change from what they were accustomed to.

Amazing how these athletes all over the place can act like fools and criminals and people forgive and forget. Here is a kid moving to a new country who can't be a little immature without being written off. I am sure the front office has just as much blame here. All I ever saw was a kid who busted his butt every time be was on the ice. 

Edited by Mdk154
  • Applause 1

9 hours ago, shestYORKin said:

Goody was on the ice for both empty net faceoffs and they were given to Rooney instead, who lost both.

he’s clearly a better player than the start he’s having but he’s not getting any nods right now. 

Mckegg was out there too. 

I'm not so sure he's better than this. Never understood the fellate on this guy. Might be the worst contract since.  .. since... I don't know.. Holik?

This is not going to work out. I've seen absolutely nothing from this guy, to support the blowjob fest that everyone was giving about this signing. 

2 minutes ago, Mdk154 said:

Are they coming from another country with a language barrier and having their entire lives change from what they were accustomed to.

Last I checked, neither NYC or Hartford are in Russia...So either way he's got a language barrier and his life is changed.

And he was in the US last season, and the season before. Not sure we can keep using the language barrier and "coming from another country" as an excuse anymore. 

Now if VK just adulted for 5 minutes, here's a list of folks who's spot he could have taken after being in Hartford for 5 mins:

Blais
Strome
Kakko

• Thanks 2

Cooler heads for boths sides makes a world of sense. If Kravstov wants to have an NHL career, he needs to demonstrate he can follow some basic instruction. If his issues really are about conditioning, it's' something that he needs to address.

And as the NYR management, whether this guy is a player or or trade bait, you cannot keep devaluing assets like they did with Anderson and D'Angelo(And there's no point to revisiting either situation beyond that) . Some people who are part of your business are going to be assholes. Deal with it in a way those protects your assets rather than going to Defcon 1.

Edited by Bugg
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Pete said:

Last I checked, neither NYC or Hartford are in Russia...So either way he's got a language barrier and his life is changed.

And he was in the US last season, and the season before. Not sure we can keep using the language barrier and "coming from another country" as an excuse anymore. 

Now if VK just adulted for 5 minutes, here's a list of folks who's spot he could have taken after being in Hartford for 5 mins:

Blais
Strome
Kakko

You are overestimating how easy it easy to have that much change in a young person's life, without expecting some hiccups. He can certainly man up in some cases but it does the club no good losing him as they appear to be. It's not an isolated incident now. You have no clue what was said to him previously,  or even now. While I never advocate for someone refusing an assignment,  it's not as clear cut as that and all on him. 

2 minutes ago, Mdk154 said:

You are overestimating how easy it easy to have that much change in a young person's life, without expecting some hiccups. He can certainly man up in some cases but it does the club no good losing him as they appear to be. It's not an isolated incident now. You have no clue what was said to him previously,  or even now. While I never advocate for someone refusing an assignment,  it's not as clear cut as that and all on him. 

Kravtsov is not the first player to cross the pond and not play in the show.

It's called "handling adversity" and it's something he's not doing well with. I don't really care what the team told him. They changed their mind based on a number of factors, injury and the play of others. They are well within their rights to revise their plans for what they feel is best for the team.

VK has the right to ask for a trade. Refusing the assignment says much more about his immaturity than the team "mishandling" him.

35 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Cooler heads for boths sides makes a world of sense. If Kravstov wants to have an NHL career, he needs to demonstrate he can follow some basic instruction. If his issues really are about conditioning, it's' something that he needs to address.

And as the NYR management, whether this guy is a player or or trade bait, you cannot keep devaluing assets like they did with Anderson and D'Angelo(And there's no point to revisiting either situation beyond that) . Some people who are part of your business are going to be assholes. Deal with it in a way those protects your assets rather than going to Defcon 1.

Isn't it VK who went to Defcon 1 though?

12 hours ago, josh said:

So, other scenario. He accepted the assignment, told he's next up. Two guys go down, and his number still isn't called.

Not only do I not believe that for a second, but will never know because he never accepted his assignment.