• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

I guess we'll see in the end if they are/were indeed in the driver seat. I'm leaning toward the under for now being most of us here had VK actually playing a somewhat meaningful role this season. If they get a guy back to fill "that can contribute this season" I would then agree they did ok and ended up driving the car. For now the car is parked and in the short term both sides mishandled this terribly imo. In the meantime that RW depth is special.

It's the pattern of drafting guys with serious character flaws I hold against the org. VK clearly shit the bed imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

This is not going to work out. I've seen absolutely nothing from this guy, to support the blowjob fest that everyone was giving about this signing. 

3 games, The Dude. the guy was an integral part of 2 cups and a big playoff piece. let’s take a breath before we call that an accident. 

I personally feel like most of Goody’s problems could be solved with a different jersey number. it was much too soon to go there. 

54 minutes ago, NYR2711 said:

If he had just acted like an adult and professional, he would have been called up today for Kakko. This guy is a head case.

Why? Gauthier made the team over him. And he was a scratch last game. That would mean Gauthier is next man up.

You can't give that spot to Kravtsov (if he reported) right after saying Gauthier out performed him in camp.

I'd tell him they are not trading him whatsoever.  He can report to Hartford or go play in Russia forever because we own his rights.  Fuck him.  Grow the fuck up.  No time to bend the knee to some entitled brat who by the way was sent to the AHL equivalent last year in the KHL.  That's right the kid who thinks he should have been top 6 on the Rangers last year couldn't even stay dressed in the KHL.  I don't see how anyone could possibly campaign for this kid.  He has serious character issues.  He has issues that if the Rangers placated would do way more harm to the organization than any tweet some player ever made.

Remember too.  This is an entire new coaching staff that came to the same conclusion as the last staff.  That he was not worthy of a roster spot.  He was also deemed unworthy by the godlike coach Knoblauch in Hartrford last fall and by whomever the coach in. Tractor is as well.  Seems to me the kid needs to shut the fuck up and play.  

Here are the Rangers again reaching out to give him another chance.  He won't take it though because that would go against everything that he has PROVED himself to be.  

4 minutes ago, Capt said:

I'd tell him they are not trading him whatsoever.  He can report to Hartford or go play in Russia forever because we own his rights.  Fuck him.  Grow the fuck up.  No time to bend the knee to some entitled brat who by the way was sent to the AHL equivalent last year in the KHL.  That's right the kid who thinks he should have been top 6 on the Rangers last year couldn't even stay dressed in the KHL.  I don't see how anyone could possibly campaign for this kid.  He has serious character issues.  He has issues that if the Rangers placated would do way more harm to the organization than any tweet some player ever made.

Remember too.  This is an entire new coaching staff that came to the same conclusion as the last staff.  That he was not worthy of a roster spot.  He was also deemed unworthy by the godlike coach Knoblauch in Hartrford last fall and by whomever the coach in. Tractor is as well.  Seems to me the kid needs to shut the fuck up and play.  

Here are the Rangers again reaching out to give him another chance.  He won't take it though because that would go against everything that he has PROVED himself to be.  

Most of your complaints are old, and were addressed over a year ago. He came back to playoff-bubble camp and had a whole season of doing what the Rangers asked for him.

Its either the NHL or play at home in Russia for him. We can judge him and call him names but gotta respect his decision as much as we dont like it.  He came, tried, didnt make it, went back home.
But a lot of it is on the management. You dont promise and declare publicly that he has a spot on the team and then cut him.  Should’ve gave no promises, especially public ones. 

35 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I believe he only can play in Russia if th3 Rangers allow it no? His first time he opted out of Hartford I believe it was in his contract that he was allowed that opt out. I thought that was a one shot deal. 

No opt out clause anymore

he would have to be loaned 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Capt said:

I highly disagree. The Rangers made all sorts of cap/roster moves to make a spot for this kid over the summer.  Was no longer deemed a prospect as he wasn't assigned to the prospect pool. Had an injury in pre season,  came back and played well in the final game.  

Nevermind the initial reaction from Gallant was that it wasn't his decision, only to take the bullet the following day and say hockey stuff. 

I don't see how it was a Gauthier and Hunt beating him out situation, when these players aren't even fighting for the same jobs. 

I honestly think the Rangers wanted Tinordi around for a bodyguard role against Washington and they didn't think Kravstov would get THIS mad. Probably calling him back up before he even payed a game for Hartford.  

I don't see how an organization can be that put of touch and that stupid to 1)Risk another issue with this player 2) Choose Tinordi and Hunt for roster spots to begin with, as they would no doubt have cleared waivers. I don't think Gauthier or Hajek would.

While I'm glad they aren't giving up on Gauthier and Hajek, THE FACT they actually chose one of THOSE 4 (2 of whom I like and am pulling for) over their 2nd best prospect, after alllllll the shit they ate about making room for him and Kakko, really makes you wonder if our organization is being run by the wrong person. 

Save face. Tell the media you wanted beef on the roster incase shit hit the fan against the Caps. Say it was a poor decision.  You can't let your 2nd best prospect walk before he even get a legit shot, or a crappy shot. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Winter said:

We're in the drivers seat about as much as Buf is with Eichel, our 1st round pick wants nothing to do with this organization and isn't the 1st one, isn't the 2nd one and isn't the 3rd one... 

Wait wut LOL? Who are the others? The third line medal thrower who can't even solidify a significant role on a terrible team?

Who else?

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Wait wut LOL? Who are the others? The third line medal thrower who can't even solidify a significant role on a terrible team?

Who else?

Lets play a game you name a 1st round pick in the past 30 years that panned out for us, ill list one that didn't... give you x2 meaning everyone you list you get 2 points, everyone i do i get 1pt. -- I love how fans and this team are okay with just throwing 1st round picks in the trash year after year then sit there wondering & debating why they can't win it. 

Edited by Winter

1 hour ago, Blue Heaven said:

But what would happen if a Russian team owner offers Kravtsov some obscene amount of $$$?  

Then it's over. Last season he played a second line role to work on what the Rangers wanted. If he signs in the KHL, it's not going to be a side piece, he's going to be the future of that team. 

1 hour ago, Blue Heaven said:

But what would happen if a Russian team owner offers Kravtsov some obscene amount of $$$?  

he will be traded for a bag of pucks or just play in KHL until his RFA passes like Radulov style. We destroyed his trade value, if we wanted to deal him we should of done it over the summer, before we told 31 teams that we see Hunt as a better player. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Winter said:

Lets play a game you name a 1st round pick in the past 30 years that panned out for us, ill list one that didn't... give you x2 meaning everyone you list you get 2 points, everyone i do i get 1pt. -- I love how fans and this team are okay with just throwing 1st round picks in the trash year after year then sit there wondering & debating why they can't win it. 

We already played this fucking game.

Since 2008

NHLers: Michael Del Zotto, Chris Kreider, JT Miller, Skjei, Chytil, K'Andre Miller, Kakko, Lafreniere

Busts: McIlrath, Lias Andersson

Undecided: Lundkvist, Kravtsov

So I get 16 points, you get 2, and we'll probably each get one of the undecided. You lose.

Edited by Xander
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1