• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

His bridge was burned when he said he was better than other players who made the team. Hard to come back from that. 

He's also not the winger  🍞 & 🧈 need. 

Either Kakko needs to become that guy, and Krav can slot into line 1, or it's hard to see where he fits. He'd upgrade Gauthier as 3RW but does he mesh? 

Hard to fuck with a team that's rolling. He's got a shit attitude. 

Yeah, I want him nowhere near this team. Even with the need at RW, I'd much rather get a surefire NHL option than chance a weak effort from a weak-willed player. He didn't work his way onto this team. He doesn't reap the benefits of this team.

Angry Brian Cox GIF by SuccessionHBO

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

His bridge was burned when he said he was better than other players who made the team. Hard to come back from that. 

He's also not the winger  🍞 & 🧈 need. 

Either Kakko needs to become that guy, and Krav can slot into line 1, or it's hard to see where he fits. He'd upgrade Gauthier as 3RW but does he mesh? 

Hard to fuck with a team that's rolling. He's got a shit attitude. 

He does....no doubt.  But we've seen worse.

I dunno...it's a tough call, and you're right about not screwing with the mojo we have going on right now.  I suppose we'll see how things are rolling come April, or whenever the KHL season is over.

What would be best is if we could score a cost controlled, solid veteran 3C in return for him that could contribute right away.

Will suck to lose a player with that upside for pennies on the dollar.

But it is what it is. Pete brings up a good point about inserting him back in the lineup/messing with the current chemistry, which is very very good. These guys are professionals though. If he does come back to the Rangers, I'm sure they'll handle it like professionals. 

I don't fault Kravstov for wanting out if he felt his career and potential growth/earning potential was gonna suffer due to his assignments (both which lines he was on in the NHL, and being sent to the AHL).

Think he took a gamble in the hopes that Drury would panic and just trade him to whoever offered up anything for him and Drury called his bluff. 

Its tough to know EXACTLY what happened or what his attitude issues really are/aren't. We don't have eyes/ears in the locker room. He could be an entitled, cocky piece of shit who thinks top line minutes are owed to him. He could also  just be a homesick young kid who, if he's not gonna be in the NHL, just wants to be home in Russia where he's comfortable and speaks the language and play to his strengths. I don't think Drury will tell us either way.

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Wasn't he quoted awhile back saying he was going to play through and try and get back to the Rangers at some point? Despite all that went down, and for him to come out and say that, maybe some things got ironed out and he'll be back here once the KHL season ends?

he said he was willing to go to an AHL team and work his way onto an NHL team... but not with Hartford.

Just now, josh said:

he said he was willing to go to an AHL team and work his way onto an NHL team... but not with Hartford.

Right. I thought later on after that he had mentioned he would go to the AHL, and that he'd like to remain with the Rangers, though. Regardless, we'll never really know what happened and what was said. It's going to be interesting to see what they do with him, as there are good arguments either way.

From Staple's mailbag a few days ago:

There’s always a chance Kravtsov returns to the Rangers. Perhaps a full year’s distance from the ugly situation between him and Drury helps reset the relationship. Goodness knows, after all the cap problems we just outlined, the Rangers need Kravtsov a lot more than he needs them. So it may be incumbent on Drury to figure out a way to bring Kravtsov back into the fold and ensure he’s a contributor in 2022-23.

Kravtsov is a restricted free agent after this season. Most teams would offer a player with his patchy history a one-year qualifier and say take it or leave it; given the cap mess the Rangers are in the next couple of offseasons, Drury may have to sweeten an offer to get Kravtsov on board. It’s certainly a tricky situation, but to say Kravtsov is definitely done as a Ranger is premature.

I highly doubt the Rangers move him during this season if that’s the path they take. Trading Kravtsov has to bring back a similar player in terms of skill, position and service time/cost control; Drury can’t just throw the guy into a deal for a rental since Kravtsov as a trade chip is one of the better assets the Rangers have.

I would guess — a guess at this point — that after Traktor’s season ends there are more discussions and either Kravtsov returns to try to play a role down the final stretch of the season or he stays away and the Rangers move him during the offseason.

Our team is veteran enough that one guy wouldn’t upset the whole group so I don’t think the chemistry would be affected that much. 

if his season is over early, I’d certainly extend an olive branch and take it from there. Never close the door on young talent. 

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Our team is veteran enough that one guy wouldn’t upset the whole group so I don’t think the chemistry would be affected that much. 

if his season is over early, I’d certainly extend an olive branch and take it from there. Never close the door on young talent. 

Is it? This team was just mentally weak last year and now they're over the hump. I'm not doing anything to mess with that. Even if I don't think Kravtsov comes in to be disruptive, I hate the message of adding him to this team in the midst of a playoff run. He didn't work for it. He didn't work for this team. He went and worked for Traktor and this is his dessert. Fuck that. Libor Hajek sat and didn't play a game for nearly three months. Gauthier worked and changed his game to earn his minutes. Kravtsov wanted none of that because it wasn't offered to him on a silver platter. He doesn't get to walk onto a team that's contending.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 3

Just now, Drew a Penalty said:

Is it? This team was just mentally weak last year and now they're over the hump. I'm not doing anything to mess with that. Even if I don't think Kravtsov comes in to be disruptive, I hate the message of adding him to this team in the midst of a playoff run. He didn't work for it. He didn't work for this team. He went and worked for Traktor and this is his dessert. Fuck that. Libor Hajek sat and didn't play a game for nearly three months. Gauthier worked and changed his game to earn his minutes. Kravtsov wanted none of that because it wasn't offered to him on a silver platter. He doesn't get to walk onto a team that's contending.

Last year we had a clueless coach. Now we have Gallant who very much commands respect.  We also didn’t have Reaves, Goodrow,, Nemeth. We also have seen an increased voice from kreider,Strome,Ziby. 

I find it hard to believe that a 21 year old Kravtsov would ruin that in March or so if he was brought in skating with the team and taking it from there. 

4 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Last year we had a clueless coach. Now we have Gallant who very much commands respect.  We also didn’t have Reaves, Goodrow,, Nemeth. We also have seen an increased voice from kreider,Strome,Ziby. 

I find it hard to believe that a 21 year old Kravtsov would ruin that in March or so if he was brought in skating with the team and taking it from there. 

Again. It's about the messaging. I don't like what that communicates to Kravtsov and the Rangers players he'd be rejoining. He can continue his growth in the AHL where he shows a dedication to improvement and the organization. He walked out on the team. If he wants to rejoin it then he has to prove he actually cares.

Just now, Drew a Penalty said:

Again. It's about the messaging. I don't like what that communicates to Kravtsov and the Rangers players he'd be rejoining. He can continue his growth in the AHL where he shows a dedication to improvement and the organization. He walked out on the team.

I’m not disagreeing with you. I just don’t believe that this group is mentally fragile to where a Kravtsov would ruin that. Vitally would have to do some explaining to the team to be accepted and show a good work ethic from the taxi squad most likely. 

I just don’t shut the door and I trust Gallant very much to know exactly how to handle it if he was brought back in. 

Just now, Keirik said:

I’m not disagreeing with you. I just don’t believe that this group is mentally fragile to where a Kravtsov would ruin that. Vitally would have to do some explaining to the team to be accepted and show a good work ethic from the taxi squad most likely. 

I just don’t shut the door and I trust Gallant very much to know exactly how to handle it if he was brought back in. 

And so you entertain a return in 2022-23 as Staple suggests in the excerpt Rhom shared. You don't add him to a team midseason. You'll find more appropriate rental options, anyway. If Kravtsov wants, he can work his way through camp when he can earn a spot. You don't have time to earn a role in a playoff run.

It's a shame about Kravtsov

he looked more NHL ready than Kakko and Alf but had too much Lias Anderson in him

sad thing is with Blais going down or whoever he would had been up soon enough

i liked how Gallant put it, he was injured and not in top form, end of story

6 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

And so you entertain a return in 2022-23 as Staple suggests in the excerpt Rhom shared. You don't add him to a team midseason. You'll find more appropriate rental options, anyway. If Kravtsov wants, he can work his way through camp when he can earn a spot. You don't have time to earn a role in a playoff run.

I agree if there weren’t a taxi squad. However there is. I just think that is the perfect buffer to get him skating with the club without the drama. I’m not suggesting inserting him in the lineup right away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

If he does mess with the chemistry of the team, Georgie will take care of it

• LOL 3

i have absolutely no confidence in Drury and fully expect him to fuck this situation up even further.  

I dont care what happened behind closed doors and if Krav is wrong and Drury is right or whatever, but your highly touted 9th OA pick should be in the lineup playing over fucking Gauthier and fucking Cunt...eh, i mean Hunt

• Applause 2

3 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Again. It's about the messaging. I don't like what that communicates to Kravtsov and the Rangers players he'd be rejoining. He can continue his growth in the AHL where he shows a dedication to improvement and the organization. He walked out on the team. If he wants to rejoin it then he has to prove he actually cares.

Yeah, I agree with the message to VK. You're basically showing him that he can pout and not work his way back onto the team, and yet somehow rejoin the team.

Hard pass on that kid.

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

I'd think Drury and Gallant would have to float it past the lock room first. 

I honestly think the kid is done here and that whomever they trade for by the deadline,  the package is going to include Kravtsov. Rental or not. 

If said player is at a Giroux level. I think I don't have a problem with it. I'd obviously want some sort of youth coming back,  but they likely aren't getting such a player offering just Kravtsov.  Are they?

• VINNY! 1

3 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I get what you're saying.  The optics don't look good. Nothing about team chemistry or anything like that. Just the kid supposedly pouting his way out of the country and then just walking back on when the team has its shit together, doesn't scream professionalism and sets a bad precedent in terms of class and structure. 

I thought that whole situation was very strange though and if he WERE welcomed back,  it may shed a little light on how the story may have been a very big misrepresentation on Kravstovs story. 

I think Drury can't stand him no matter what. He's gone and won't be shocked if he's traded by the deadline.  That relationship just looks toxic from what's been reported.

This should be an all time HOF thread given how awful this turned out for both teams. Like, it's worse than Eichel's scenario in a vacuum, but that one got more press because of the high profile player. This guy throws a partially justified tantrum for being sent down, and then no less than three days later a spot opens up for him on the team, and by a twist of fate stays open, while he's jerking off in russia? Can't write this shit. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Valriera said:

This should be an all time HOF thread given how awful this turned out for both teams. Like, it's worse than Eichel's scenario in a vacuum, but that one got more press because of the high profile player. This guy throws a partially justified tantrum for being sent down, and then no less than three days later a spot opens up for him on the team, and by a twist of fate stays open, while he's jerking off in russia? Can't write this shit. 

It's going to be HoF when he comes back and puts up 30 goals a season.

For the Predators.