• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Henrik Lundqvist Is Back in Rangers Family With TV Job

Phil

The other night against Toronto was my first time seeing him in the studio, and he was great, a natual as everyone has said. As far as I'm going further, he probably could at some point. More money could await, but MSG can probably throw whatever they want at him to keep him on MSG. If he did get a deal with another network, perhaps he double dips? It said he'll only be doing 20 or so games anyway, right? We'll see where it goes from here. Maybe by next season, they make him more of a regular fixture.

55 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

TNT has loaded up on personality, so that could be a better fit for him over there. I still wish he'd stay here because he offsets Valiquette very nicely. lol

He's done three games and people are already talking about his next job, I wouldn't worry too much he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Agreed. Honestly, I hope he doesn't. He doesn't really need to. MSG will be taking care of him, I'm sure. lol

I'm sure of it, but the talent is undeniable. 

He's a goddamn modern-day Renaissance man.

I'd love to see him on TNT if only to have Biz endlessly mancrushing on him.

2 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

ESPN or TNT will go after him, he’s just too good and good looking, I hope he stay with MSG, the intermission is a lot more enjoyable to watch

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

TNT has loaded up on personality, so that could be a better fit for him over there. I still wish he'd stay here because he offsets Valiquette very nicely. lol

The intermissions and postgames with Hank have been absolutely tremendous.  He has a really great touch for the show, and adds that "Must see" element to it.

I think he's perfect, and Valley has been pretty entertaining as a sidekick this season so far without boring me with goalie metrics.  I find myself NOT changing channels so quickly, or at all in some cases through the first 4 games.