• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#3) Rangers at Montreal Canadiens — Third Time's the Charm

Drew a Penalty

Look at this move by Fox off the face off at 3:50: 

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/nyr-vs-mtl/2021/10/16/2021020023#game=2021020023,game_state=final

most defensemen in the league are content with winding this puck. Very few can come out of the corner with it. Fox? The fire checker winds up on his ass, Fox skates it out, then springs mika for 2 on 1. Is it too early to have him as the Norris favorite again? I mean the guy is just incredible and somehow got better, not even sure how it’s possible 

38 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Look at this move by Fox off the face off at 3:50: 

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/nyr-vs-mtl/2021/10/16/2021020023#game=2021020023,game_state=final

most defensemen in the league are content with winding this puck. Very few can come out of the corner with it. Fox? The fire checker winds up on his ass, Fox skates it out, then springs mika for 2 on 1. Is it too early to have him as the Norris favorite again? I mean the guy is just incredible and somehow got better, not even sure how it’s possible 

I keep saying it… best hockey player I’ve ever seen. 

• Like 2

Missed this game, but watched the highlights. Based on who was in the highlights package, I can hypothesize that the traditional Rangers script holds?

1. The team goes as Zib goes, and he's buzzin right now
  2. Chytil, as usual, made the least of his opportunity
  3. Trouba is garbage
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

Missed this game, but watched the highlights. Based on who was in the highlights package, I can hypothesize that the traditional Rangers script holds?

3. Trouba is garbage

Shesty also played well but you got it

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

I have a different issue. I can't bring myself to give a shit. I don't like half the team. I've come around to your POV on the coach, I talked to some people who know. Gallant may have an IQ of 80. Nice guy, though. 

Hopefully it's just because it's October, but I think I may be entering my curling years. 

Also, LOL @ The Padres. 

You’re losing your will to live. Those 3 kids got to you, huh?  

i suggest screwing your best friend’s wife and leaving clues for your best friend. Should bring some excitement back 

Edited by CCCP
  • LOL 1
  • Applause 1

15 minutes ago, Phil said:

Lemieux when he made his comeback was still awe-inspiring.

Yea he was good. Not denying that. I dunno what it is about fox though he does stuff I’ve never seen anyone else do. Obviously “best” is subjective and he’s got no where near the accomplishments but the guys fucking special. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

3. Trouba is garbage

Correct.

also Goodrow still invisible.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Shane Falco said:

Correct.

also Goodrow still invisible.

I don't really expect or care to notice Goodrow in October. 

Like Friedman/Marek say, there's guys who get you there and guys who get you through. Goodrow isn't the guy who gets you to the playoffs, but he's a guy that gets you through. 

Just now, Pete said:

Like Friedman/Marek say, there's guys who get you there and guys who get you through. Goodrow isn't the guy who gets you to the playoffs, but he's a guy that gets you through. 

Agreed. Maroon is another one of those types.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I get what you’re saying but it’s bad if the only time I remember he’s even on the roster is when his name is called during the broadcast. Considering he plays all three forward positions you’d think he be a little more noticeable lol.

Rangers need a spark on wing.  

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Except this is the ny rangers. Goodrow will do neither most likely ?

4 hours ago, Dunny said:

I have a different issue. I can't bring myself to give a shit. I don't like half the team. I've come around to your POV on the coach, I talked to some people who know. Gallant may have an IQ of 80. Nice guy, though. 

Hopefully it's just because it's October, but I think I may be entering my curling years. 

Also, LOL @ The Padres. 

Oh the Padres.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Pete said:

3. Trouba is garbage

Zibanejad showed up for 2 shifts in the third, stoned on a breakaway and the assist to Lafreniere on the rush. Him and Panarin invisible, for the most part.

It was 2 not good teams playing uninspired hockey with goalies coming up big, with a mix of bad officiating.

Perfect game to miss. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, josh said:

Zibanejad showed up for 2 shifts in the third, stoned on a breakaway and the assist to Lafreniere on the rush. Him and Panarin invisible, for the most part.

It was 2 not good teams playing uninspired hockey with goalies coming up big, with a mix of bad officiating.

Perfect game to miss. 

Yeah, Ziby was alright, but buzzing makes it seem like more than it really was. He had a few nice plays but looked more like last years coviziby. Panarin is totally Mia right now though. 

18 minutes ago, josh said:

Perfect game to miss. 

Yep - long haul covid Zib missing the net, wiffed on a couple, pretty invisible until that last rush with Laf where he suddenly had a rocket booster in his ass and he made a perfect pass.  Not sure Panarin even played.

Shesty was head and shoulders the best player, without him not sure they don't lose big. 

Welcome back once again, folks!!  Sorry for the delay, but there was Sunday football all day, and my filthy Raiders actually won!!

........Anyway, here are the Top 5 nominees for last night's Ozzy Quote of the GDT, sponsored by Dunkin' Donuts (a favorite of our game winning goal scorer!):

On 10/16/2021 at 3:47 PM, Keirik said:

All awesome stuff until you find out he's dreaming about poutine

On 10/16/2021 at 6:50 PM, RangerDanger said:

Got my glass of whisky poured, a decent cigar, and lowered expectations - LGR!

On 10/16/2021 at 8:34 PM, Bugg said:

Lundqvist is well on his way to winning the Rejio Rutsolianen Trophy awarded to the Ranger who habitually misses the net but does scare the shit out of fans sitting in the corners. 

This is pretty fucking funny too!!!  this was a close second place, Bugg!!!  LOL

On 10/16/2021 at 9:08 PM, josh said:

Watching a Zibanejad interview is worse than hearing your own voice played back. 

On 10/16/2021 at 9:50 PM, G1000 said:

Lindgren looking at all that blood on Laf's sweater all jealous like

After further review from the booth upstairs, the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to Josh with his review of the sure cure for insomnia: A Zibby interview!

Good job Josh!!!

Your reward:

Sexy Jenna Fischer GIFI know you'll like this!!!

• Like 3