• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#3) Rangers at Montreal Canadiens — Third Time's the Charm

Drew a Penalty

3 minutes ago, AliveIn94 said:

If Kakko doubles last years #'s and is Selke-worthy on an upward trajectory I think exploded is a fair term.

Is that seriously the expectation? I'd be kinda ok with doubling his shitty stats from last season. Let's ease off with this selke stuff. He's nowhere near there. Not even close. He's not even the 4th best defensive forward on this team, much less in the league. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Is that seriously the expectation? I'd be kinda ok with doubling his shitty stats from last season. Let's ease off with this selke stuff. He's nowhere near there. Not even close. He's not even the 4th best defensive forward on this team, much less in the league. 

He shows puck possession promise and is rounding out his game, plus he has a bigger role in the lineup.

I have high hopes, but we all know expectations with this team should be kept in check. If we win a round in the playoffs after a strong regular season, that's explosive for a lot of guys who have barely sniffed the playoffs let alone regular NHL ice time.

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

Dangerous term considering kakko is allergic to everything 

I'll stick with this link to explosive(s) until proven otherwise. 

Hopefully he takes huge strides and becomes more than a puck possession guy, I don't think that's your goal with a 2OA.  I agree with Dude here the t league wide thought of him in the discussion of winning the Selke is really premature and wishful thinking.

But hey there's always hope, I guess.

Edited by jsrangers
  • Applause 1

4 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

I'll stick with this link to explosive(s) until proven otherwise. 

Hopefully he takes huges strides and becomes more than a puck possession guy, I don't think that's your goal with a 2OA.  I agree with Dude here though league wide thought of him in the discussion of winning the Selke is really premature and wishful thinking.

But hey there's always hope, I guess.

Of course he's not a Selke guy yet, but when we drafted him, his greatest strength was just swatting guys older and in some cases bigger than him away and controlling play.

He's also bulked up and improved his skating.

His improved defensive awareness is just gravy.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

A winger hasn’t won a selke in like 20 years I think and outside of lehtinen, it’s been mostly an award for a center.