• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Carp Sucks and Retires; Arthur Staple Takes Over Athletic Beat

Blue Heaven

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

Staple is fantastic. Classic writer. Just rock solid analysis.

Good to hear- I havent been paying attention to the athletic since he took over so I havent had a chance to even check him out.

At this point Vince M. does the best job- I was actually debating not renewing the athletic because Lohuds coverage is free and superior. 

1 hour ago, Flynn said:

I was hoping they were going to hire Vince M.. Hopefully not having double duty helps.. Carp gets shit on, but he did produce a good bit of content. 

Nah, Carp totally gave up these last few years. You'd barely get anything besides game reports which would almost never include quotes or anything beyond Carp's reflections. His articles outside of game reports rarely contained anything unreported elsewhere. Aside from two pieces he did on Hartford when he first started at the Athletic, I can't really recall him ever going out of his way to report on anything. He earned the reputation he had.

• Shane Falco changed the title to Carp Sucks and Retires; Arthur Staple Takes Over Athletic Beat
3 hours ago, Flynn said:

I was hoping they were going to hire Vince M.. Hopefully not having double duty helps.. Carp gets shit on, but he did produce a good bit of content. 

But why? Vince is already good and Carp complained that he never had access or interaction with players.

With Mollie going rangers-only, Vince, Colin, plus Staple writing, Shayna gone... this is the best shape the beaters have been in awhile.