• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#4) Rangers at Toronto Maple Leafs — Another One

Drew a Penalty

4 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

I love when Trouba takes the body, he loves to hit

I hate when Trouba misses the net 3 times a game

I love his willingness to stick up for teammates

I hate him getting burned by any forward with decent speed on a rush.

When he does it at the right time. I will admit he has been decent about it so far this season but last season I kept noticing he would take himself out of the play a lot.

Still hope he proves me wrong. 

58 minutes ago, siddious said:

Let's agree to disagree. I don't even really care about the contract which is more a gripe about the front office than Trouba for me. The guy just doesn't play defense well and hes certainly not good enough offensively to forgive that. 

Okay so he made a good play on D to save the game (isnt he supposed to?)... what about all the stupid plays he makes game in, game out?

I keep hoping he grows on me but I keep disliking him game after game.

I think you're forgetting how much he meant to the Rangers last year.  Once he went down, they had nothing like him to replace him.  Some of the criticism of him is earned.  Some of it is just unfair.  I think if he was making $5-$6 mil a season instead of what he is, there would be less harsh attention.

32 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I think you're forgetting how much he meant to the Rangers last year.  Once he went down, they had nothing like him to replace him.  Some of the criticism of him is earned.  Some of it is just unfair.  I think if he was making $5-$6 mil a season instead of what he is, there would be less harsh attention.

I think you're right, Kev.  The expectation level of an $8 million deal remains very high, and it should.  That's a ton of cabbage to shell out for a player!  I've been pretty harsh on Trouba last year as well, and saw the team deflate when he wasn't in the lineup at the end of last year too.  That may be coincidental, but who knows...

He has his moments where you look at him and say, "There we go!!  That's what we got him for!", and then there's moment where you wanna put your foot through the screen when he gets beat like a rented mule.

1 hour ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

This is a pretty good idea of what I'm thinking too. BBB!!! 

But I'm going to see how he does over the next 5 or 6 games....I'm sure he needs some time to get in the swing of the new regular season as well.

Trouba was high risk and turnover prone in Winnipeg too.  He's been fine this year though.  Outside of Fox he's been their best defenseman in my opinion.  

Speaking of Fox.  How is it that out power play is that bad with the reigning Norris trophy winner running the power play.  Outside of the second period against Dallas he hasn't been the same player either.  He hasn't been bad just not great.  The Rangers are 2-1-1 with Panarin, Fox, and Zib. all playing below their abilities, some drastically so.  That is a really good sign for what's to come.

2 hours ago, siddious said:

Let's agree to disagree. I don't even really care about the contract which is more a gripe about the front office than Trouba for me. The guy just doesn't play defense well and hes certainly not good enough offensively to forgive that. 

Okay so he made a good play on D to save the game (isnt he supposed to?)... what about all the stupid plays he makes game in, game out?

I keep hoping he grows on me but I keep disliking him game after game.

"Isn't he supposed to "

Well, yeah... Why only focus on the negative? Save that energy and put it on Hunt..  

• LOL 1

38 minutes ago, Capt said:

Trouba was high risk and turnover prone in Winnipeg too.  He's been fine this year though.  Outside of Fox he's been their best defenseman in my opinion.  

Speaking of Fox.  How is it that out power play is that bad with the reigning Norris trophy winner running the power play.  Outside of the second period against Dallas he hasn't been the same player either.  He hasn't been bad just not great.  The Rangers are 2-1-1 with Panarin, Fox, and Zib. all playing below their abilities, some drastically so.  That is a really good sign for what's to come.

I think teams have made some adjustments for Fox, Cappy.  Seems they're pressuring him a lot more to make a play or a pass right away, and not letting him look them off or take time to walk the line like last season.

I also think Fox will make his own adjustments and our PP will be in the top 10 of the league in no time.

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

i think more like $4M

• Phil unpinned this topic
10 hours ago, Kevin said:

I mean $4M...That's right about where he should be. Cap-strapped team paying middle 6 D as one of the top defenders in the leagues, shaking couch cushions for Fox next deal, and ...

spacer.png

Also not buying into "the team fell apart without Trouba". There were multiple injuries at that time of the year, and the fact that the Islanders popped off on him kinda shows he's not the guy you rally around.

Edited by Pete
  • Applause 1

10 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Lol,must be a love hate relationship

4 hours ago, Pete said:

I mean $4M...That's right about where he should be. Cap-strapped team paying middle 6 D as one of the top defenders in the leagues, shaking couch cushions for Fox next deal, and ...

spacer.png

Also not buying into "the team fell apart without Trouba". There were multiple injuries at that time of the year, and the fact that the Islanders popped off on him kinda shows he's not the guy you rally around.

4-7 after he went down in the middle of a playoff push.  There’s something to it.

9 hours ago, Pete said:

Or there's 100 other reasons. 

For sure...but that's a tangible one.  I think what the team looked like after his injury is what made them feel the need to sign Tinordi.  There was certainly a lack of toughness on the back end.  

Just now, Kevin said:

For sure...but that's a tangible one.  I think what the team looked like after his injury is what made them feel the need to sign Tinordi.  There was certainly a lack of toughness on the back end.  

They were lacking toughness everywhere. They were also missing Kreider down the stretch.

I'm just saying correlation isn't causation and people are putting too much on Trouba.

Frankly I think we could lose Trouba tomorrow and replace him with Jones and not loose a whole lot.

53 minutes ago, Pete said:

They were lacking toughness everywhere. They were also missing Kreider down the stretch.

I'm just saying correlation isn't causation and people are putting too much on Trouba.

Frankly I think we could lose Trouba tomorrow and replace him with Jones and not loose a whole lot.

I still think Schneider is going to be the heir apparent to Trouba here, Pete....maybe Robertson as well, but I think they still need a little time in the cooker.