• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Reaves Placed on IR With Lower-Body Injury

Phil

Mckegg is in the lineup over Gauthier (Barron and Kravtsov) because he kills penalties. 4th among forwards in time per game. 

The bottom 6 additions like Blais, Hunt and Reaves don't kill penalties. This has led to Kreider killing more. And Lafreniere and Kakko rotating in. It also meas Strome is losing less draws in the defensive zone.

On 10/29/2021 at 6:47 PM, br-avery said:

we are undefeated with kegger in lineup

McKegg is a leader among men, a cross between General Patton, Keith Hernandez and, you get the idea. I hear that he wrote the foreword of Messier's new book , "No One Wins Alone" because of course nobody wins anything without the Kegger in there. 

On 10/29/2021 at 6:47 PM, br-avery said:

we are undefeated with kegger in lineup

McKegg is a leader among men, a cross between General Patton, Keith Hernandez and, you get the idea. I hear that he wrote the foreword of Messier's new book , "No One Wins Alone" because of course nobody wins anything without the Kegger in there. 

• Applause 1

Despite not participating in line rushes, Reaves made a point to skate with certain units and act as opponents would, using his stick to try and disrupt the play while applying pressure on the rush. It was clear Reaves just simply wanted to make as much of an impact on practice as he could despite not being able to fully play.

That’s just been Reaves’ M.O. since the Rangers acquired him from Vegas in the offseason. He’s been an infectious presence in the locker room and on the ice. Even when he was initially injured during the Rangers’ loss to the Flames last week, Reaves insisted on remaining on the bench to cheer on his team.

“Reavo is one of our leaders,” Gallant said. “He’s a guy that came to this team and he makes us a more aggressive team and he’s a character in the dressing room, the guys really like him. He wants to be out there. We tell him, ‘Make sure you’re ready to go.’ I thought today he looked much better than he did yesterday. So that’s a positive for us and our group.”

https://nypost.com/2021/11/01/rangers-ryan-reaves-bounces-back-after-concerning-practice/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

C'mon man. They're not not gonna lose Strome because of Reaves. If they're really that strapped for cash they can stop paying the backup goalie the price of a tandem. There's an extra 3m for ya boi. 

$2.4 not 3... probably covers Kakko.

Blais needs a raise and you need a backup and a 4th line center (Rooney UFA).

If you think any of these things aren't going to come down to 1.75 million for a cheerleader, I think you're wrong.

The trade is fine, the extension wasn't warranted.

Edited by Pete

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

Faulty logic. Trouba came before Rangers knew what Strome was, before they were in a known cap crunch, etc. 

Yes but Trouba is the one who is disproportionately paid relative to what he brings, not Reaves. Ditto Georgiev.

Just now, Phil said:

Yes but Trouba is the one who is disproportionately paid relative to what he brings, not Reaves. Ditto Georgiev.

Of course, but you don't compound that issue with another mistake of extending a player you didn't have to extend.

I mean, they didn't need to extend him when they did, I'll give you that, but I've no doubt they'd want him back given his impact thus far. I just find it really hard to point to the fourth-liner getting paid like a fourth-liner as the guilty party for something that hasn't even happened yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil said:

I mean, they didn't need to extend him when they did, I'll give you that, but I've no doubt they'd want him back given his impact thus far. I just find it really hard to point to the fourth-liner getting paid like a fourth-liner as the guilty party for something that hasn't even happened yet.

Impact? He's this season's Bitteo so far. 

He's had more impact in this forum than anywhere else. 

• LOL 1

K. Not interested in relitigating this with you. We have very different opinions of his value — that much is clear. Regardless of that value, he's paid commiserate with his play, or certainly more commiserate with his play than other far more bloated deals like Trouba. If the Rangers lose a player like Strome, I find it quite difficult to blame the appropriately paid player than I do the inappropriately paid one.

Understanding that the company analogy isn't perfect, if our company is losing money, I'd find it equally difficult to blame the guy making $45,000 a year when the VP takes home four times that and plays a much larger role.

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

K. Not interested in relitigating this with you. We have very different opinions of his value — that much is clear. Regardless of that value, he's paid commiserate with his play, or certainly more commiserate with his play than other far more bloated deals like Trouba. If the Rangers lose a player like Strome, I find it quite difficult to blame the appropriately paid player than I do the inappropriately paid one.

Understanding that the company analogy isn't perfect, if our company is losing money, I'd find it equally difficult to blame the guy making $45,000 a year when the VP takes home four times that and plays a much larger role.

Yes, that's a horrible analogy. 

If the company is claiming they can't afford to keep top talent, they shouldn't add useless admins, even if paid appropriately, because they boost morale...and then let people who make the company run leave because you can't pay them. 

Edited by Pete