• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#9) Rangers at Seattle Kraken — One Order of Fried Calamari

High and Wide

11 minutes ago, siddious said:

Its insane for a number of reasons. Hank really was a god. 

Not only that, but he's an absolute natural on TV.  Fucking guy is simply great!  The broadcast last night was outright hilarious.  The in between periods skit with Pidto wearing the goalie pads trying to do a butterfly had me pissing my pants.

I think Valley even asked him if he pulled his groin!!  LOL

Adding Hank to the broadcast was absolute genius!  His takes are spot on, and what's best is that he plays well off Giannone and Valley!

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Wrong. More like Lundqvist, Richter, Beezer, Giacomin, etc., even going back to the early days of the franchise. Almost always really good goaltending,

yes but you could probably say the same thing about more or less every franchise.  Especially ones with a long history

Edited by CCCP

23 minutes ago, CCCP said:

like Weeks, Blackburn and Dunham?

This is short  sighted. They’re all studs. 

weekes started over lundqvist

blackburn made Richter a backup.

Dunham was an olympian

Georgiev made Lundqvist expendable 

1 minute ago, CCCP said:

yes but you could probably say the same thing about more or less every franchise.  Especially ones with a long history

Yeah, and it also kind of depends on the time period too. An original six franchise like the Leafs probably wishes it had a Giacomin or a Vanbiesbrouck during the 70's and 80's, plus they were garbage during that time anyway. I just meant that throughout Rangers history, goaltending has been the strong suit of the franchise is all. Sure, it's had its great offensive players that we know of, but they're really not known for that as a franchise.

12 minutes ago, CCCP said:

You can?

Beezer 1984 to 1993, Richter 1989 to 2003, Hank 2005 to 2020, Shesty came in 2020.  There is only 1 season in the last 40 years where they didn't have a gut with 300+ wins in net.

Edited by Long live the King

22 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Wrong. More like Lundqvist, Richter, Beezer, Giacomin, etc., even going back to the early days of the franchise. Almost always really good goaltending,

We've even had some really good backups dating back to Gilles Villamure who I think had at least 20 wins for us in 4 seasons backing up Giacomin. 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Not only that, but he's an absolute natural on TV.  Fucking guy is simply great!  The broadcast last night was outright hilarious.  The in between periods skit with Pidto wearing the goalie pads trying to do a butterfly had me pissing my pants.

I think Valley even asked him if he pulled his groin!!  LOL

Adding Hank to the broadcast was absolute genius!  His takes are spot on, and what's best is that he plays well off Giannone and Valley!

I still think he can get better but I have no doubt he will. I'd certainly keep him over giannone or Vally (Ill never understand why you guys like him),

28 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

You can?

Beezer 1984 to 1993, Richter 1989 to 2003, Hank 2005 to 2020, Shesty came in 2020.  There is only 1 season in the last 40 years where they didn't have a gut with 300+ wins in net.

Technically richter didn’t have 300 wins until the end... which was 5 years after his last season above .500

bieser and richter had some good years, but aren’t at - Lundqvist bailing out the team every night - level. Good rangers but barely top 10 guys among peers.

bieser didn’t even have good stats when he won the vezina. 

41 minutes ago, josh said:

This is short  sighted. They’re all studs. 

weekes started over lundqvist

blackburn made Richter a backup.

Dunham was an olympian

Georgiev made Lundqvist expendable 

this. Weekes was a great back up and everyone knew hank was going to be good.

Blackburn had a freak accident but would have otherwise had a nice career. Dunham was awesome in the beginning. And we give Georgiev shit but there was a time where he was playing pretty damn well and Hank was letting in goals that Georgiev is letting in now. Regardless of Georgiev, Hank was done. In hindsight, yes I let him finish his career here.

9 minutes ago, siddious said:

I still think he can get better but I have no doubt he will. I'd certainly keep him over giannone or Vally (Ill never understand why you guys like him),

I like the clear sight analytics and insight. 

Its not advanced stats, it’s real stats in a way you didn’t imagine. For me, he’s putting stats on shit we already knew. He creates these stats to support “the eye test”, essentially. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

He's pretty good comic relief!! 

court jester lol GIF by Puffin Graphic Design

Ahh... same reason we keep you around

23 minutes ago, josh said:

I like the clear sight analytics and insight. 

Its not advanced stats, it’s real stats in a way you didn’t imagine. For me, he’s putting stats on shit we already knew. He creates these stats to support “the eye test”, essentially. 

Meh.. its just a personal opinion but I feel like he tries too hard and 90% of the time those stats are so random. No Al Trautwig though so its all good. 

• LOL 1

47 minutes ago, siddious said:

Ahh... same reason we keep you around

Meh.. its just a personal opinion but I feel like he tries too hard and 90% of the time those stats are so random. No Al Trautwig though so its all good. 

You mean it's not for my senile outbreaks??  That's it...I give!   LOL

Hey man...what's up for next week?  wanna join us for a game?  I'll get with @Keirik and @RJWantsTheCup after they see this, and we'll get a night out!

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

You mean it's not for my senile outbreaks??  That's it...I give!   LOL

Hey man...what's up for next week?  wanna join us for a game?  I'll get with @Keirik and @RJWantsTheCup after they see this, and we'll get a night out!

Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights I work so count me out for any of those. But other than that yea let me know when you guys do something.

31 minutes ago, siddious said:

Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights I work so count me out for any of those. But other than that yea let me know when you guys do something.

You're in dude!!

I'm eyeballing that Monday night game against Florida on the 8th...we'll see if the guys can rock that one!

Also wanna check with @SaveByRichter35!!  Sorry man, didn't wanna forget ya!!!  😃

Edited by Ozzy
  • Cheers 1

Everybody had a good goalie up until expansion as only the top six goalies in the game got in the NHL.  HOFers Rayner and Worsley were fine goalies for NYR from the late forties through early sixties.  Rayner was much admired for developing goalie technique and would be better known if his career wasn't shortened due to a knee injury.  

Late Richter until early Hank, a period that corresponded with seven years out of the playoffs, was not generally a good time for Ranger goaltending.

22 hours ago, siddious said:

I’ll know more definitely my schedule  next week hopefully soon.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1