• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#10) Rangers at Vancouver Canucks — Good Fox News

High and Wide

1 minute ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I fully expect them to beat Calgary.  Edmonton is going to be a tough game. 

After their last game against the Flames, I am not so sure. lol They are playing very well overall. The Rangers are really going to have to start playing better offensively to beat these good teams. They've been gutting out wins to their credit, but they have not been pleasant to watch so far.

Thanks for staying up late, guys!!!  Not exactly the outcome we expected, but once I heard Valley put the jinx on us in between the 2nd and 3rd period, I knew we were fucked!

........And here are the Top 5 nominees for last night's Ozzy Quote of the GDT:

18 hours ago, Long live the King said:

This isn't your fantasy golf team.  -5 is bad.

12 hours ago, Phil said:

Miller went to the box faster than a married man who's wife says yes to sex. I speak from personal experience.

11 hours ago, Phil said:

Probably has a CDL, too. You need one to drive a Brinks truck, I think.

11 hours ago, Karan said:

Something about why Giannone sounds like a muppet in his ear piece. 

11 hours ago, josh said:

Gotta move Kakko to a different line 

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

In Hartford 

I gotta admit there were a pretty good share in this one, however the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to our fearless leader, @Phil, who not only was able to stay up and watch this debacle, but also note his new avatar!!!

Way to go, man!  ...A present from Me and @josh for the "married man"!!! 

Also, a kudos goes out to everyone who got the trivia question before it was even asked!! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

8 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

Yo Lafreniere suckssssssssssssssss

Yes, and Chytil, and Kakko, and everyone else who Gallant was supposed to "unleash".

The only one who even looks any different at all is kk, and the results still aren't there.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Yes, and Chytil, and Kakko, and everyone else who Gallant was supposed to "unleash".

The only one who even looks any different at all is kk, and the results still aren't there.

Kreider, Strome and Trouba so far, right?  Can maybe make a case for Rooney as well.  Seems the veteran players have taken a step up, but the kids haven't....yet.

38 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

Yo Lafreniere suckssssssssssssssss

Barely even noticed him and Kakko last night. I know expecting them to be gamebreakers is unreasonable as they're not McDavid type players, but God surely it isn't too much to ask to at least have a couple scoring chances per game...

3 minutes ago, Karan said:

Barely even noticed him and Kakko last night. I know expecting them to be gamebreakers is unreasonable as they're not McDavid type players, but God surely it isn't too much to ask to at least have a couple scoring chances per game...

Kakko with no points in 6 games with Panarin/Strome and Laf being invisible every game playing on the 3rd line with easier matchups is not good. They need to start do something, atleast one of them.

Is it really possible to have back-to-back top 2 picks be busts? Because the way they're going now, they can both end up like one. Kakko is in his 3rd year and there's no improvement in his production. He looks better, but that's not enough. Laf just looks like a bad hockey player. Not fast, not great hands, not a great scorer, not good in his own end and he looks weak and gassed after the first two shifts of every game.

There's something seriously wrong with Rangers prospects and there's so many now that it HAS to be something wrong with the orgs development.

Even Chytil and Miller looks like shit. Lundkvist has been scratched for Tinordi in back-to-back games, Lias is gone and Kravtsov is halfway-gone. Thats 7 1st round picks in the last 4 years. Its getting really frustrating.

2 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Kakko with no points in 6 games with Panarin/Strome and Laf being invisible every game playing on the 3rd line with easier matchups is not good. They need to start do something, atleast one of them.

Is it really possible to have back-to-back top 2 picks be busts? Because the way they're going now, they can both end up like one. Kakko is in his 3rd year and there's no improvement in his production. He looks better, but that's not enough. Laf just looks like a bad hockey player. Not fast, not great hands, not a great scorer, not good in his own end and he looks weak and gassed after the first two shifts of every game.

There's something seriously wrong with Rangers prospects and there's so many now that it HAS to be something wrong with the orgs development.

Even Chytil and Miller looks like shit. Lundkvist has been scratched for Tinordi in back-to-back games, Lias is gone and Kravtsov is halfway-gone. Thats 7 1st round picks in the last 4 years. Its getting really frustrating.

A sobering thought for sure 😞 Meanwhile Jack Hughes, despite his injury time, will still outscore both Kakko and Lafreniere combined this season I'm sure...

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I honestly think Kakko doesn't know how to play with setup guys like Panarin and Strome. I'd consider swapping KK and Goodrow. Panarin/Strome work well with a hustler a la Fast and Blackwell. I think Goodrow might be able to replicate that. Zibanejad and Kreider play completely different to Panarin/Strome, and I think their style might be better suited to Kakko's game.

Just now, Xander said:

I honestly think Kakko doesn't know how to play with setup guys like Panarin and Strome. I'd consider swapping KK and Goodrow. Panarin/Strome work well with a hustler a la Fast and Blackwell. I think Goodrow might be able to replicate that. Zibanejad and Kreider play completely different to Panarin/Strome, and I think their style might be better suited to Kakko's game.

Right now it looks like he cant play with anyone. He's strong and good with the puck on his stick, but there's no playmaking skills at all, his passing is weak, his skating is still a problem and the guy don't know how to score a goal.

Like seriously, if you don't count "tap ins" from setups from Fox/Panarin how many goals do Kakko and Laf have combined in their careers so far? Maybe 5?

• Phil unpinned this topic
3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I know you can't win every game, especially all of these on the road, but I really wanted a win in this one with Edmonton and Calgary coming up.

I may be making this up entirely but it feels like like they would always blow those late night west coast trip games. You'd stay up to 12:30am to watch them play flat.

Edited by siddious
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Xander said:

To an extent. Kakko is more of a bull, cycle, board play, powerful legs, get to the net.

Panarin and Strome are lurkers, circlers, skating around the perimeter making passes until the lane opens up. Kravtsov would have been a perfect fit. I also want to see Hunt tried there.

I'd have to imagine Kakko is a better fit on the Zibanejad line.

44 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Strome has 1 ES point in 6 games.

Chytil has 1 point.

Your C's arent making guys better. They are holding them back.

I disagree that Lafreniere has been invisible. I notice him. He's doing a lot of work away from the play. But usually in the 2nd or 3rd period, he gets antsy and starts trying to force the puck. That line has been a mess since being put back together, though. Too often, all of them are standing on top of each other. I counted 5 passes that were less than 3 feet, meaning, it was more of handoff because they couldnt skate because they were standing together.

• Applause 1

Watching Kakko for 2/3's of this game (fell asleep before the 3rd) it looks like he's not moving his feet at all and just waiting for something to happen.  No player is good when they're not moving their feet but especially a guy that lacks significant burst.  I don't know if he's trying to adjust to Panarin's game and sitting in soft areas but clearly it's not working at the moment.