• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Roster Challenge: Player From the Past to Play on the Current Roster

josh

4 minutes ago, CCCP said:

not as good as Jagr tho

No. But Lindros was PPG in the deadpuck era. Jagr dominated in the don't touch era that was 58 minutes of PPs each game.

Again, I dont think this team lacks the offense that Jagr would bring. It would be like adding Lundqvist. Sure, that's great, but does that improve the overall team success?

Just now, josh said:

No. But Lindros was PPG in the deadpuck era. Jagr dominated in the don't touch era that was 58 minutes of PPs each game.

Again, I dont think this team lacks the offense that Jagr would bring. It would be like adding Lundqvist. Sure, that's great, but does that improve the overall team success?

YES

1 minute ago, josh said:

i think Graves, Messier and Jagr were the easiest choices.

I think they have enough Graves in them already. Messier would be great, but not sure his leadership (and poor skating) would fit well with this club. Jagr.. again, would love it, not sure he makes them better in areas they are weak.

Picked big E over Messier due to size, skill, speed. Lindros in the modern NHL would be unstoppable, especially since you cant hit guys with their head down.

Can't lose with either of those 3, I hear ya Josh.  I thought Mess was a pretty good skater though.  Graves made me think twice because he was the essential power forward...but this roster has Blais and also Goodrow, who play that role, like you said.

Lindros was a beast with the Legion of Doom in Philly.  Him Renberg, and LeClair were an absolute force....not sure if you remember those guys, but I used to shit myself when we played the Flyers during that span.

Just now, Ozzy said:

Can't lose with either of those 3, I hear ya Josh.  I thought Mess was a pretty good skater though.  Graves made me think twice because he was the essential power forward...but this roster has Blais and also Goodrow, who play that role, like you said.

Lindros was a beast with the Legion of Doom in Philly.  Him Renberg, and LeClair were an absolute force....not sure if you remember those guys, but I used to shit myself when we played the Flyers during that span.

the reason why Zubov was traded

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, josh said:

i think Graves, Messier and Jagr were the easiest choices.

I think they have enough Graves in them already. Messier would be great, but not sure his leadership (and poor skating) would fit well with this club. Jagr.. again, would love it, not sure he makes them better in areas they are weak.

Picked big E over Messier due to size, skill, speed. Lindros in the modern NHL would be unstoppable, especially since you cant hit guys with their head down.

My idea is anyone that pots 50 FOR THE RANGERS would be a great fit here. Imagine Jags on the rw instead of a Kakko. 

we do have the grit part of Graves already, just minus the 30-50 yearly goals that’s associated with it. 

Just now, Keirik said:

My idea is anyone that pots 50 FOR THE RANGERS would be a great fit here. Imagine Jags on the rw instead of a Kakko. 

we do have the grit part of Graves already, just minus the 30-50 yearly goals that’s associated with it. 

It would look like Jagr on the RW of Gomez.

Now the top line is Goodrow - Rooney - Jagr.

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

Panarin Strome Jagr the PJs line. Nighty night opposition 

I dont see that line clicking. I could see Strome clicking with Jagr in  Straka - fasion, but not enough pucks for Jagr and Panarin. God, they'd just do cross ice passes to eachother the entire game. The return of "SHOOOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!!"

3 minutes ago, josh said:

I dont see that line clicking. I could see Strome clicking with Jagr in  Straka - fasion, but not enough pucks for Jagr and Panarin. God, they'd just do cross ice passes to eachother the entire game. The return of "SHOOOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!!"

Quite possibly by Jags definitely shoots. Had over 1000 shots in his 4 years with the Rangers.