• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#13) Rangers vs Florida Panthers — Unstoppable Force Meets a Group of Guys

Drew a Penalty

Hmmmm...interesting. 

6 on 5 with a delayed penalty. Normally in a 5 on 4 situation with a delayed penalty, you'd see the team on the PP intentionally give up the puck to get a 2-man-advantage. But with 20 seconds left and heart-attack hockey going on, you don't. 

That was fucking intense. 

50 minutes ago, Valriera said:

so far this is clearly the best 40 the team has played and it's not even close. We are dismantling a team on one of the best runs to start the season, ever. Finish it out with a strong 20 and then let's go on a fuckin run here boys. Clearly you have it in you. 

THAT DID NOT HAPPEN. But it is a win. 

I'm grateful for an excellent effort coming off the low point of the season.  I'm a bit sobered by the fact that there is no way we could beat that team in a seven game series.  

Considering how fast the Panthers got very good, I feel sort of cranky almost four years after the letter.

11 minutes ago, Cordelia B Willhams III said:

Now would be a great time to name a captain. This team seems to need direction. I understand the hesitancy to name one at the start of a season with a new system, but a set, clear voice in the locker room might help propel the team. 

Yo, just wanted to welcome you to the site. This place is awesome to discuss our team and a ton of good information and insight. Game day threads are fun AF to follow along and post. Welcome! 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Dunny said:

I got to go to a Peewee game last night instead of watching, but I'm a little confused. All the stats point to them getting BTFO last night, but the sentiment, here, points to a solid performance? 

Had the lead from early on and got a comfortable 4-0 lead in the 2nd, I think that effects the mood in here lol.

They got kinda outworked and outskated again, but they were more in it than the last 3 games.

Igor had to save their asses again early before PP-Kreids and Fox did the heavy lifting again. Panarin looked better, so did his line, so that's a positive I guess.

Miller and Trouba also played like NHL players, so that was nice to see. Trouba with a nice interception and assist on the 4th goal, Miller's goal was... wow.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Dunny said:

I got to go to a Peewee game last night instead of watching, but I'm a little confused. All the stats point to them getting BTFO last night, but the sentiment, here, points to a solid performance? 

It was - competed hard with them for 55 mins and our top players showed up again with a sprinkle of a ridiculous k’andre miller goal.