• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Pursuing 'Middle-Six Forward' Amid Hot Start

josh

31 minutes ago, josh said:

I almost started a Trade Acquisitions Interactive Power Rankings thread.

Top 6

Miller - checks all the boxes

Horvat - with Canucks rumors intensifying. We heard his name over the summer and didnt believe it. Now there are talks of changes up there.

Toews - dream acquisition. His play has picked up and we are quickly forgetting the controversy from Chicago.

Smith - if its cheap to acquire, and no extension

Neiderreiter - a guy I loved coming up. Could be a good middle-6 add. Last year of deal with Carolina and wont be re-signed.

Depth

Haula - another season left at 2.375, name seems to be circulating

Dzingel - cheap, 1year deal in Arizona.

Roussel - cheap Blais replacement

Beagle - faceoff, 4th liner, kills penalties

Defense

Giordano - strictly a rental

Goaltending

Halak - you mentioned him

Holtby - think Phil mentioned him?

Some great thoughts there. I whole heartedly agree on Neiderreiter. Always liked him. Good solid depth guy. 

27 minutes ago, Phil said:

I think @Keirik mentioned Holtby and Halak, but I would 100% go for either. Both have the playoff track record and despite Halak's poor play this season, I think you can comfortably rely on either in a way you simply cannot with Georgiev.

Right now, though, I prefer Holtby.

Giordano would be great but feels like he's not going to be available.

All the others, yup. I'd be in hard on Horvat most, I think.

@G1000i belive also mentioned Holtby. I figured if Vancouver looks to mix things up and trade JT, I can’t see them holding onto Halak either whos on a 1 year contract. He does have a NTC though and a package deal might cost more but I suppose they might accept Geo in return just to kick at the tires and see if a change for him strikes gold. 

• VINNY! 1

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

@josh, @Keirik....

How's Pavelski lookin' as a deadline trade candidate???

...pending UFA
...Plays some RW and Center....what do you guys think???

Would be a great pickup. Dallas seems to be the kind of team that is never going to be completely out of the playoff picture though 7m til past the deadline so not sure he becomes available. 

• VINNY! 1

24 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Some great thoughts there. I whole heartedly agree on Neiderreiter. Always liked him. Good solid depth guy. 

@G1000i belive also mentioned Holtby. I figured if Vancouver looks to mix things up and trade JT, I can’t see them holding onto Halak either whos on a 1 year contract. He does have a NTC though and a package deal might cost more but I suppose they might accept Geo in return just to kick at the tires and see if a change for him strikes gold. 

Right. Vancouver is unique in that they have multiple players the Rangers could use. If you do a deal there, you try to kill two birds with one stone. Halak + a middle-six center/wing.

13 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Halak was who I wanted the Rangers to sign this past off-season. If you can get a deal where you get him plus a big piece up front, that would be optimal.

Wasn’t the rumor Buchnevich and potentially other pieces for Horvat during the summer?

I'm pretty sure that rumor was a load of shit. Considering what Buch actually got in return, I'm also inclined to believe it was shit.

49 minutes ago, Phil said:

Right. Vancouver is unique in that they have multiple players the Rangers could use. If you do a deal there, you try to kill two birds with one stone. Halak + a middle-six center/wing.

Absolutely. I feel like Miller and Halak both make such perfect sense. One has already played for the Rangers and ticks every box. Plus he fits in cap wise next year whereas I doubt Strome returns for under 6m at all. Halak has already played in the area so there is a familiarity there too. 

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Halak was who I wanted the Rangers to sign this past off-season. If you can get a deal where you get him plus a big piece up front, that would be optimal.

Wasn’t the rumor Buchnevich and potentially other pieces for Horvat during the summer?

Yes 

21 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

21 hours ago, ThirtyONE said:

I'm pretty sure that rumor was a load of shit. Considering what Buch actually got in return, I'm also inclined to believe it was shit.

Yup. 100% debunked. Fan speculation, effectively.

Who on the current roster is moveable? Obviously NTC's must be considered to all of the "Trade Trouba" crowd needs to keep that on in their pocket. 

Is Chytil a chip

Is Miller a chip

Is Lundqvist a chip

I'm assuming they'd have to be absolutely floored for Kakko or LAF to be in the conversation 

Strome is the only guy in the top 6 that is realistically moveable ( I don't count Hunt, he's top 6 by the grace of God) 

If there is a true upgrade deal to be made and the non NHL D kids and Krav are part, there will probably be a kid on the roster that moves, and hurts a little.