• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Flyers Fire Alain Vigneault

Phil

2 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Why?

He's not a good coach. He never really was. He lived off star goaltending. He did things and didn't know why they worked, and when they stopped working, he couldn't adjust. Been the story of his career.

But he gives good soundbites so the press let him off.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

He's not a good coach. He never really was. He lived off star goaltending. He did things and didn't know why they worked, and when they stopped working, he couldn't adjust. Been the story of his career.

But he gives good soundbites so the press let him off.

All of this.

He has one idea. When it works and he has enough fire power, his teams can go somewhere, but only with elite goaltending to bail them out when they get shelled nightly.

I also just find him condescending. The gum thing is really irritating, too.

• Keeps it 100 1

i liked AV during his time here. not sure i'd drop the C word on him but yes i concur that he really was the beneficiary of good goaltending.  his system was 1 way which i agree to as well and when he matched wits against a better bench boss he could not adjust on the fly, especially against suter in the cup final who he had no answer for.

that being said philly is really a dumpster fire and no way the blame falls on AV completely.  some good reads in the Philly papers talking about bad drafting since as far back as 2002 and no continuity behind the bench (believe they've had 7 coaching changes.)  the GM presser last week was a complete shit show and that guy should have been shown the door as well.

they need a complete overhaul there top to bottom.  hope there too stupid to see it nor have the patience to accomplish it.  might be the worst fans on the planet and i include philly, eagle and sixer as well.