• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#25) Rangers vs. Colorado Avalanche — Makar Fears Eight!

Phil

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

If they were going to play him, I'd rather ease him a bit against a team like Buffalo. With the way Colorado is playing right now, that is not ideal for him if this is the case.

It wont matter whether its Geo or Huska in net vs. Colorado, they'll both get lit up.  Hopefully they can find a way with Huska in net just like how rookie goalies stonewall the Rangers in their first NHL game.  

4 hours ago, phillyb said:

Came in here to say this. COL is 13-7-2. I know we’re going into their arena, I know theyre tough, and I know they have MacKinnon, but the talk of this being a test game…yes it will be, for COL. 

Why is that EVERYONE (myself included) believes (or believed) that tonight is a road game? Haha. I was under the impression we were in Colorado until a coworker told me he was going to the game.

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Why is that EVERYONE (myself included) believes (or believed) that tonight is a road game? Haha. I was under the impression we were in Colorado until a coworker told me he was going to the game.

I honestly thought with them going to Chicago, they'd just go to Denver right after that. Makes no sense to go back to NYC just to go back on the road to Buffalo tomorrow. 

I guess building availability is an issue.

• Applause 1

10 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

I honestly thought with them going to Chicago, they'd just go to Denver right after that. Makes no sense to go back to NYC just to go back on the road to Buffalo tomorrow. 

I guess building availability is an issue.

Possibly. They're playing them in Colorado a few days from now. lol

24 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Because the nhl schedule is dumb right now. Don’t worry, we will play them on the road next Tuesday. 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Yeah, he gave it to him based on an outlier season in which he scored 60 points. That's not actually the player he is, which means he's still not worth it, but he's a damned fine player. It's a real shame the NHL doesn't allow for contract restructuring, because if there was a way to adjust his deal to drop his AAV to $6 million~ he'd be worth trying to keep for the life of it.

He scored 8 goals and 50 points, 18 of which were on the PP, while getting pretty even zones starts.

This year he has 5 goals already and is on pace for 41 points, with minimal time on PP2 and 60% DZ starts.

If Trouba keeps playing like this he's worth the contract, doesn't mean we can afford it, but he's earning it.

28 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Tonight's game starts 22.5 hours after the start of last night's game.  There should be rule that you can't play games in two different cities with starts less than 24 hours apart.

I disagree. I'd love to see teams play 2 games in 1 day. Youth hockey tournament style.

I get like 10 hours off between work days, if I'm lucky. And I dont get paid shit. They'll be fine.

16 minutes ago, josh said:

I disagree. I'd love to see teams play 2 games in 1 day. Youth hockey tournament style.

I get like 10 hours off between work days, if I'm lucky. And I dont get paid shit. They'll be fine.

LOL! "A" squad at 12pm, "B" squad at 7.

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Because the nhl schedule is dumb right now. Don’t worry, we will play them on the road next Tuesday. 

I swear to God, I was talking to a coworker who forgot that last nights game was at 8:30 and he was joking about showing up early to the Garden tonight by accident thinking the game would be another 8:00 start like on Sunday because of the Knick game earlier and having to break the Garden down.

I’m like, “aren’t they in Colorado tonight?”

What a weird schedule.

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I swear to God, I was talking to a coworker who forgot that last nights game was at 8:30 and he was joking about showing up early to the Garden tonight by accident thinking the game would be another 8:00 start like on Sunday because of the Knick game earlier and having to break the Garden down.

I’m like, “aren’t they in Colorado tonight?”

What a weird schedule.

Yup. Chicago in NY then fly to Chicago for a game there, fly back to NY for the Avs, then days later fly to Colorado for the avs….