• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#26) Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres — I'll Take 'Swords,' For 400

Morphinity 2.0

I didn't see the game but how did Buffalo get that many shots goal? I guess Georgiev was solid. Not too great that had to eke out a win. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but a lot of their games against Buffalo the last several years have been decided by one goal or fewer. Thankfully they've won most of them.

Foxy should not have gotten one of the three stars after his ineffectual play behind the net led to Buffalo's goal (the one that counted).

I've long said that there should be a time limit on these offsides challenges.  I don't know exactly how long it should be, but a goal scored 30 seconds after an offsides play, like tonight, should count.  Let's hope we're not catching 6on5itis again.

Sad seeing some of the best fans in the league in a half filled arena.  What do you expect after years and years of a this crap?

Watched Buffalo's feed for the last year of RJ.  He's nothing like the old RJ when sober, but he's still fun.

23 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Yeah, an update to the offside challenge would be good. Time limit or something to that effect. It's really annoying to see 30 seconds, 60 seconds, etc. put back on the clock cause a linesman missed a call. 

Buffalo fan alert! Always knew it! He always talked way too much about wings 

• LOL 2

7 hours ago, phillyb said:

Yeah, an update to the offside challenge would be good. Time limit or something to that effect. It's really annoying to see 30 seconds, 60 seconds, etc. put back on the clock cause a linesman missed a call. 

Maybe not a time limit as much as if the other the team has a chance to clear the puck and doesn't, they can no longer challenge.. because at that point it's on them.

• VINNY! 1

10 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I didn't see the game but how did Buffalo get that many shots goal? I guess Georgiev was solid. Not too great that had to eke out a win. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but a lot of their games against Buffalo the last several years have been decided by one goal or fewer. Thankfully they've won most of them.

Solid is an understatement, Georgie had a SV% of .973 last night; his record since Shesty got injured is 1.54 GAA and .949 SV%...

Since 2010, the Rangers did win most of the games against Buffalo...

Welcome back once again!!!  It wasn't pretty but it's 2 more points in the ol' cash register!

........And here are the Top 6 nominees for last night's Ozzy Quote of the GDT, sponsored by Perdue, where "It takes a tough man to make tender chicken wings"

14 hours ago, siddious said:

I think it’s really nice that they let Lunkvist out of 3rd grade early so he could play in the nhl. 

14 hours ago, Pete said:

Kinkaid is all wired like he snorted a package off a call girl's ass crack.

13 hours ago, josh said:

PSA Khaira just woke up 

13 hours ago, josh said:

I'm a dude. I don't keep receipts. 

13 hours ago, Flynn said:

Wins are like sex…. Even if it’s ugly, ya still got laid. 

13 hours ago, Valriera said:

If you want to be a legend you have to fuck the ugly chicks too!

and our winning quote for tonight’s GDT that pretty much sums up this game goes to: @Valriera

2 points is 2 points...no matter how ugly it looks!  Hence the invention of paper bags!! 
Good job, man!

Saul Steinberg Dancing GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Maybe not a time limit as much as if the other the team has a chance to clear the puck and doesn't, they can no longer challenge.. because at that point it's on them.

I believe in the NCAA they have a rule where if the defending team takes possession of the puck in their own zone negates the possibility to challenge . Something like that. 

14 minutes ago, siddious said:

I dunno how that was the wrong call the guy was literally standing in the zone  but ok

b/c they are saying Olafsson didn't touch the puck int he offensive zone before Dahlin "tagged up"....Either though IMO didn't Olafsson touch/redirect the puck in the neutral zone before the puck went into the offensive zone?

The responses on twitter is kinda funny, Sabres got robbed, conspiracy theory that the NHL wants the Rangers to win, 

Edited by Blue Heaven