• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Nolan Patrick

The Dude

Since we are throwing some names around as far as options to upgrade at forward,  how about Nolan Patrick?

Very underwhelming career so far after going 2nd overall in 17, yet much better than our 1st and 2nd OAs. He's since been dealt by the Flyers and has been toiling on the IR with Vegas this year. 

Does he have a spot once Eichel is ready, which should be within a month or so?  Is it worth trying to plug him in as a 3rd line center? If the cost is Chytil, does that move a needle? What's he worth? 

Vegas needs the cap space.  Can the Rangers cash in here and get Smith and Patrick for Chytil a pick and a defensive prospect like Lundkvist? Getting both a rental and a semi reclamation project to use for center depth going forward?

Or is a guy like Brassard more like what they should be aiming for,  which I have zero problem with.  

Oct 30, 2021 Upper body injury, injured reserve.
Oct 24, 2021 Upper body injury, day-to-day.
Sep 19, 2021 Re-signed as a restricted free agent by the Vegas Golden Knights to a two-year contract.
Jul 26, 2021 Vegas Golden Knights tendered a qualifying offer.
Jul 17, 2021 Acquired from the Philadelphia Flyers
Apr 20, 2021 Missed 2 games (head injury).
Apr 17, 2021 Head injury, day-to-day.
Oct 16, 2020 Re-signed as a restricted free agent by the Philadelphia Flyers to a one-year contract.
Oct 07, 2020 Philadelphia Flyers tendered a qualifying offer.
Sep 05, 2020 Missed all 69 regular season and all 16 playoff games (migraine).
Oct 01, 2019 Migraine, non-roster list.
Apr 06, 2019 Missed the last 2 regular season games (upper body injury).
Apr 04, 2019 Upper body injury, day-to-day.
Mar 09, 2019 Missed 1 game (upper body injury).
Mar 06, 2019 Upper body injury, day-to-day.
Jan 05, 2019 Missed 4 games (upper body injury).
Dec 28, 2018 Upper body injury, day-to-day.
Oct 20, 2018 Missed 3 games (upper body injury).
Oct 11, 2018 Upper body injury, sidelined indefinitely.
Nov 16, 2017 Missed 9 games (upper body injury).
Oct 30, 2017 Upper body injury, injured reserve.
Oct 26, 2017 Upper body injury, day-to-day.
Jul 17, 2017 Signed by the Philadelphia Flyers to a three-year entry-level contract.
Jun 23, 2017 Drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers in the 1st round (2nd overall) in 2017.
  • Like 1
  • LMFAO 4
  • Applause 1

I gotta say....the more I think about the situation with that 3rd line and Chytil, the more I think @Phil (and a few others) have the right idea with Giroux.

All these other trade targets we've been tossing around....I say fuck it...with all the youth on this team, we can afford to go get the RIGHT guy for once.  I think Giroux would slide in perfectly with Yukon and Gauthier, and that line automatically becomes relevant.

He's in the last year of his deal and I'll bet we can get him on a solid 3 year deal after that, which would probably equate to whatever the hell we would pay Chytil.

• Applause 1

39 minutes ago, Keirik said:
Oct 30, 2021 Upper body injury, injured reserve.
Oct 24, 2021 Upper body injury, day-to-day.
Sep 19, 2021 Re-signed as a restricted free agent by the Vegas Golden Knights to a two-year contract.
Jul 26, 2021 Vegas Golden Knights tendered a qualifying offer.
Jul 17, 2021 Acquired from the Philadelphia Flyers
Apr 20, 2021 Missed 2 games (head injury).
Apr 17, 2021 Head injury, day-to-day.
Oct 16, 2020 Re-signed as a restricted free agent by the Philadelphia Flyers to a one-year contract.
Oct 07, 2020 Philadelphia Flyers tendered a qualifying offer.
Sep 05, 2020 Missed all 69 regular season and all 16 playoff games (migraine).
Oct 01, 2019 Migraine, non-roster list.
Apr 06, 2019 Missed the last 2 regular season games (upper body injury).
Apr 04, 2019 Upper body injury, day-to-day.
Mar 09, 2019 Missed 1 game (upper body injury).
Mar 06, 2019 Upper body injury, day-to-day.
Jan 05, 2019 Missed 4 games (upper body injury).
Dec 28, 2018 Upper body injury, day-to-day.
Oct 20, 2018 Missed 3 games (upper body injury).
Oct 11, 2018 Upper body injury, sidelined indefinitely.
Nov 16, 2017 Missed 9 games (upper body injury).
Oct 30, 2017 Upper body injury, injured reserve.
Oct 26, 2017 Upper body injury, day-to-day.
Jul 17, 2017 Signed by the Philadelphia Flyers to a three-year entry-level contract.
Jun 23, 2017 Drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers in the 1st round (2nd overall) in 2017.

No Way Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• VINNY! 2

4 hours ago, Long live the King said:

What has Patrick done that's "much better" than Kakko?

I dunno. 2- 30 point seasons in his first 2 seasons that deemed him as a semi bust. Yet we celebrate a good shift by Kakko as if he's a world beater. 

I'm suggesting the guy as a reclamation project to fill in as the 3rd line center..   Not as our future. 

45 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I dunno. 2- 30 point seasons in his first 2 seasons that deemed him as a semi bust. Yet we celebrate a good shift by Kakko as if he's a world beater. 

I'm suggesting the guy as a reclamation project to fill in as the 3rd line center..   Not as our future. 

It would just be hard to count on Patrick for anything even in a reduced role. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

It would just be hard to count on Patrick for anything even in a reduced role. 

Understood and there's good reason for your concern and I understand. Just trying to get conversation started for more options or expanded deals on names already brought up. 

Smith has been brought up as a wing option and I think he fits needs pretty well,  but I would like to see more coming back if the cost is youth going the other way.

I'd like to supplement that youth any way possible in such a trade. If it means taking on a kid picked high, with some injury issues and questions about his overall ability, that's better than a draft pick or nothing at all. Trying to kill 2 birds with one stone here 

• VINNY! 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Understood and there's good reason for your concern and I understand. Just trying to get conversation started for more options or expanded deals on names already brought up. 

Smith has been brought up as a wing option and I think he fits needs pretty well,  but I would like to see more coming back if the cost is youth going the other way.

I'd like to supplement that youth any way possible in such a trade. If it means taking on a kid picked high, with some injury issues and questions about his overall ability, that's better than a draft pick or nothing at all. Trying to kill 2 birds with one stone here 

Smith is more realistic just because Vegas has to shed salary. Patrick has a very small cap hit so I don’t know if they would really entertain offers for him. He’s not untouchable or anything but his value won’t garner much and his cap hit just makes him easier on their roster.  Think they’d probably prefer to keep him and hope they catch lightning in a bottle. 

• Phil changed the title to Nolan Patrick
25 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

When Rooney comes back they really should move Chytil to Stromes line.  Use Rooney as 3rd line center between Gauthier and Lafraniere and put Hunt back on the 4th line with Goodrow and Reaves.   The Hunt experiment was good for like 2 games.  

I'd prefer Goodrow as a make-shift 3C. His physicality, Gauthier's somewhat physicality, idk what he is anymore, should open some space for Laf. Rooney is having a nice season, but it's also because he's playing as a 4C and penalty killer which is exactly what he is.

• Like 1