• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Are 'Team to Watch' for Tomas Hertl; Re-Signs with Sharks

Phil

16 minutes ago, josh said:

Going to be cheap. Doubt he's qualified. But I don't think thay GM is dealing with NYR 

Why? Did Drury make fun of his 1st name?

"Hahahahahahaha hey JARMO, what are you doing you Finnish fuck!!!? Hey, Hahaha,  hey no seriously. Trade me CHINAkhov!! Hahahahahahaha. Don't worry we got rid of DeAngelo... oh.  Oh he's not Chinese? ... with that name!!?? Hello? Hello?"

Just now, Phil said:

All of a sudden their first-round pick, and players like Robertson, Kravtsov, Othmann, and Skinner stopped existing?

You'd deal ALL that for a one year rental? I wouldn't.  I don't think Drury will either. Kravstov and one of the D men is likely all he's willing to give up. Maybe the 1st.  I don't think that's enough for Philly to deal him to the Rangers. 

No, I'd deal from that to get good players so I don't have to watch Max Domi or other bottom-six scrubs.

They're going to have $9 million + available to play with and have futures of all stripes to offer, not to mention a slew of 23/24 year old RFAs who could be really valuable to rebuilding clubs. Go big or go home.

43 minutes ago, Phil said:

No, I'd deal from that to get good players so I don't have to watch Max Domi or other bottom-six scrubs.

They're going to have $9 million + available to play with and have futures of all stripes to offer, not to mention a slew of 23/24 year old RFAs who could be really valuable to rebuilding clubs. Go big or go home.

Bored Married With Children GIF

We'll see. I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment. I honestly hope they go big. I'm expecting the opposite or somewhere in between. 

They need 3rd line "scrub"... minimum. 

Edited by The Dude

• 1 month later...

The Sharks and Tomas Hertl’s camp have gone back and forth on offers, but still no extension. San Jose remains hopeful it can sign the pending UFA centre and, in fact, aren’t engaging with teams on trade offers yet because of it. But time is of the essence. The Sharks need to know if they can sign him probably at least a week ahead of the deadline in order to have enough time to pivot and properly flesh out his trade market value. So, I would say early next week is a pretty important time frame to consider in the Hertl situation.

I still think the New York Rangers make the most sense as a landing spot for Hertl if he’s traded. However, believe me when I say almost every single contending team has kept tabs.

https://theathletic.com/3170276/2022/03/09/lebrun-the-seattle-kraken-have-cap-space-gm-ron-francis-is-willing-to-let-others-use-it-for-the-right-price/

• LindG1000 changed the title to Rangers Are 'team to Watch' for Tomas Hertl; San Jose Re-Signs Hertl to an 8 Year Contract, AAV TBD
13 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

How can San Jose rebuild? They have way too many untradeable contracts and those guys are still decent enough to play you out of good draft position. There’s nothing wrong with this contract. We just gave 8 years to an even older Zibanejad.

Now go and compare the rest of their lineup to our lineup and you'll realize why they need to rebuild. 

• Phil changed the title to Rangers Are 'Team to Watch' for Tomas Hertl; Re-Signs with Sharks
2 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

They need to, but they can’t. They are fucked for years.

Oh, right. I misunderstood.

They need to go through the pain of shipping out picks and prospects bundled with bad contracts and getting picks back.

Then they need to be bad enough for a little while to get their own high quality picks.

So in 2032, profit.