• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What's Your Drink?

The Dude

So we have a boring beer thread. That died fast.  So, after reading the new dinner thread and seeing 4EverRangerFrank mention his drink of choice while cooking,  I figured this place is as good as any to get some drink ideas. 

My go to is any variation of Moscow Mules. Lately I've been swapping the Vodka for some Beam. So good. 

Metal/copper mug, lots of ice, 2 oz Beam, top off with Goslings Ginger beer (it's the only ginger beer as far as I'm concerned) and a splash of fresh lime juice and lime wedge. 

• Cheers 1

• Phil changed the title to What's Your Drink?
2 minutes ago, josh said:

So what exactly happened in your life to consume tonic? I've always wondered this. Same with people who voluntarily drink club soda. 

Vodka was mixed with it. Throw a lime in that bitch and we're partying.

14 hours ago, The Dude said:

So we have a boring beer thread. That died fast.  So, after reading the new dinner thread and seeing 4EverRangerFrank mention his drink of choice while cooking,  I figured this place is as good as any to get some drink ideas. 

My go to is any variation of Moscow Mules. Lately I've been swapping the Vodka for some Beam. So good. 

Metal/copper mug, lots of ice, 2 oz Beam, top off with Goslings Ginger beer (it's the only ginger beer as far as I'm concerned) and a splash of fresh lime juice and lime wedge. 

I've been on a Mule kick lately too.  I've been going the lazy route and buying the Cutwater Moscow Mules.  So damn good.  I need to get more Goslings so I can make my own again.

I love a good old fashioned Jameson and ginger ale...not to be confused with an actual Old Fashioned, obviously.

Also love Mojitos but they're a pain in the ass to make

• Keeps it 100 1

3 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I've been on a Mule kick lately too.  I've been going the lazy route and buying the Cutwater Moscow Mules.  So damn good.  I need to get more Goslings so I can make my own again.

I love a good old fashioned Jameson and ginger ale...not to be confused with an actual Old Fashioned, obviously.

Also love Mojitos but they're a pain in the ass to make

Right there with you except for the canned Mules. They're always a bit off and have that weird malt/seltzer aftertaste to them.

Seriously try making them with a Bourbon. Life changer.

ALSO try flavored vodkas. Pear goes fucking amazingly with a mule. But the only brand I've found that makes a pear flavored Vodka is Grey Goose. I highly recommend both of these options.  

Edited by The Dude

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Right there with you except for the canned Mules. They're always a bit off and have that weird malt/seltzer aftertaste to them.

Seriously try making them with a Bourbon. Life changer.

ALSO try flavored vodkas. Pear goes fucking amazingly with it. But the only brand I've found that makes a pear flavored Vodka is Grey Goose. I highly recommend both of these options.  

I'm a big fan of vanilla vodka and ginger ale but I prefer Jameson.

• VINNY! 1

At home - scotch, whisky, bourbon, or rye, neat. Got a few bottles for the holidays that I'll probably burn through soon.

At the bar - generally an Old Fashioned, though I do have a soft spot for a gin and ginger ale with a twist of lime or a sprig of mint.

At a proper cocktail bar - the strangest fuckin thing on the menu, whatever it is.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

21 minutes ago, G1000 said:

At home - scotch, whisky, bourbon, or rye, neat. Got a few bottles for the holidays that I'll probably burn through soon.

At the bar - generally an Old Fashioned, though I do have a soft spot for a gin and ginger ale with a twist of lime or a sprig of mint.

At a proper cocktail bar - the strangest fuckin thing on the menu, whatever it is.

You know...it's been a while since I went on a little Scotch kick....I always liked it with club soda.  I may just get the bug for that now that it's getting to sub zero temps around here.  I always like stuff like Jager and scotch when it's cold.  Drinking Jager in the summer feels like I'm drinking motor oil!

16 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You know...it's been a while since I went on a little Scotch kick....I always liked it with club soda.  I may just get the bug for that now that it's getting to sub zero temps around here.  I always like stuff like Jager and scotch when it's cold.  Drinking Jager in the summer feels like I'm drinking motor oil!

I feel like you need to drink Jager at sub-zero temperatures to get the full effect. 

• Keeps it 100 1

depends on the occasion

Weddings, always Vodka sodas. Easy to drink, won't make your gut feel heavy while dancing and having a good time, and a good way to keep a steady buzz

Casual dinner with a couple of friends, either a bourbon on the rocks, or an Old Fashioned every once in a while

I also occasionally go through wine phases. During the holidays while family was over I was drinking a bottle of wine over the course of the day, every day. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1