• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kaapo Kakko Stinks

Phil

Just now, Phil said:

Have fun playing with Pavel Zacha, Kaapo.

Lol. I agree with the sentiment, but there is nooool way the Rangers don’t match a $4M offer sheet to NJ and let him walk over there for a 2nd rounder.

But I also don’t want to give Kakko $4M. And I want more than a 2nd….so, trade him before/at the draft!

11 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Lol. I agree with the sentiment, but there is nooool way the Rangers don’t match a $4M offer sheet to NJ and let him walk over there for a 2nd rounder.

But I also don’t want to give Kakko $4M. And I want more than a 2nd….so, trade him before/at the draft!

Let him go.  Kakko isn’t a 4m player. Let them pay the Finnish version of John Ho Sang 4m. I’ll take the pick and cap space. We still have Alf who I actually believe in more. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

19 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

You don’t care if Kakko would be worth more in an honest trade? Or you don’t care if the Rangers match?

No one will care to lose him for a 2nd if he signs for $4M. Anyone who comes back in a trade, we have to pay. So the cap problem exists either way.

22 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Why not? He's not even close to worth that. I don't care about the compensation. The money they would have given to him they'll be able to put towards a better player.

Just now, josh said:

Last night was the equivalent to a preseason game in which a player returned from offseason surgery and isn’t in game shape yet. 

When has it ever been?

Excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse.

• Bullseye 1

32 minutes ago, Pete said:

No one will care to lose him for a 2nd if he signs for $4M. Anyone who comes back in a trade, we have to pay. So the cap problem exists either way.

28 minutes ago, Phil said:

Why not? He's not even close to worth that. I don't care about the compensation. The money they would have given to him they'll be able to put towards a better player.

I do care about the compensation. He is worth more than a 2nd round pick. So if you plan on lowballing him, just trade him for best return and move on.

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

When has it ever been?

I was about to say exactly this. 
  It’s always something…for 3 years. In two different coaching staffs, two different systems. Not used to North American game and smaller ice, needs to work on D, not in game shape, just off of injury, not getting big minutes, not enough time in the top 6,  doesn’t work well with bread, oops injured again, no worries it’s not major, 30 games later , oops injured again, ready for playoffs, oh look at that it’s contract time….

maybe he will be good somewhere else. However that doesn’t equate that he will ever be good here. 

• Applause 1

I dunno....I love the kid, but if he gets offered $4 million...I'll wish him the best, take the pick, the cap space, and use his jersey for when I do oil changes on the 'vette.

No way Drury matches that....or would want to, I would think.  The days of paying for hope are done, I believe.  ...and I've been a huge advocate of Kakko...even thought he'd be a Selke finalist in the "Ballsy thread", (Before G man cock blocked me!  LOL).

I really can't see a team giving him that kind of cabbage for basically proving nothing thus far, other than the fact he can't stay on the ice, and has a hockey IQ of a lawn Gnome! (That was fucking hilarious last night!!).  Maybe we can even sweeten it, and he can take Chytil and that garbage pail of a "backup" goalie with him.  LOL

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

When has it ever been?

And his breakout one game where he scores 2 goals was the equivalent of a  preseason game against a garbage team missing 8 starters.  

Edited by jsrangers

If we are talking offer sheets here, shouldnt there be an offer sheet that would be comparable to what Jesperi Kotkaniemi got?

1 year/6.1 Million

Kotkaniemi 1st 3 years with MTL, 171 GP, 22 G, 40 A, 62 points

Kakko's 1st 3 seasons, 156 GP, 26 G, 30 A, 56 points

I mean can't really get more even than that. 

5 hours ago, rmc51 said:

There’s no question the Copp/Strome approach presents some risk in a breakout scenario. If Lafreniere goes wild and posts 30 goals and 60+ points next year…the conversation may switch to a 4-5 yr 6M per one. Odds are that’s not happeneing even if he takes a step or two forward, assuming he’s still only playing 14-15 min/night and not on PP1, with Panarin/Kreider still stapled ahead of him.

Or if KAM really does get closer to 5 (see: Sergachev, though he was fresh off of being vital on a Cup run at that point). Worst case is they are forced to trade Lindgren that summer to afford a significant KAM raise.

If you pay both Strome and Copp then your RW1 options are Laf, repairing your relationship with Krav, and Hunt...

1 hour ago, Long live the King said:

If you pay both Strome and Copp then your RW1 options are Laf, repairing your relationship with Krav, and Hunt...

And that’s fine by me. 
and there’s always kicks at the can for thr Othmann, Cuylle if they can switch to RW (because either way they are blocked LW wise for years) or even Pajuniemi. There are options there. Our future is not Kakko dependent per say. 

4 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

If we are talking offer sheets here, shouldnt there be an offer sheet that would be comparable to what Jesperi Kotkaniemi got?

1 year/6.1 Million

Kotkaniemi 1st 3 years with MTL, 171 GP, 22 G, 40 A, 62 points

Kakko's 1st 3 seasons, 156 GP, 26 G, 30 A, 56 points

I mean can't really get more even than that. 

That guy just put up three points in the first period.

I sometimes wish for three points in a week from Kakko. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1