• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#38) Rangers at San Jose Sharks — Presented by Cocaine & Caffeine

Phil

14 hours ago, josh said:

I was under the impression he wasnt great the first game back after a break. Not Lundqvist rusty, not terrible, but not great.

Maybe you can find stats that say otherwise.

14 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Hopefully Igor isn't as rusty as Bread was.

That works 

No way I was staying up for this.G onna watch highlights later this AM.

Scanned the GDT, checked the box scores...looks like they won with a couple of timely goals and stellar goaltending against a bad team. Where have I heard that before?

Edited by Pete

Shesterkin was great and saved their asses, especially in the third period. He was on total lockdown. I'm still amazed by his movement and rebound control. He's just really steady in all aspects. Great first game for Schneider, goal aside. Trade Miller or Lundkvist and keep he and Jones here.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

No way I was staying up for this.G onna watch highlights later this AM.

Scanned the GDT, checked the box scores...looks like they won with a couple of timely goals and stellar goaltending against a bad team. Where have I heard that before?

honey i shrunk the kids milk GIF by MANGOTEETH

Except pee.

Now THAT'S how you make a debut in the NHL!!! 

Needless to say, I was very impressed with our new defenseman, Braden Schneider who was quoted saying, "Please allow me to introduce myslef!"  He even sprinkled a little Brown Sugar on this "W" with a wicked bullet of a shot that dented the twine in his first game!!  Way to go kid!!!!

Let's not forget Igor's mastery giving plenty of shelter for some still occurring defensive lapses!  He got the shutout in spite of Sam's repetitive jinxing!

.......And here are the Top 7 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by who other than the Rolling Stones!

11 hours ago, josh said:

I'm about to fall asleep an hour before puck drop, when I have the day off tomorrow (and I'll have to work), and this MF be like "going to Cancun, bitches!!" 

Sums up my 2022 

10 hours ago, siddious said:

I think Chytil was hit into the Ahl on that one play

9 hours ago, Phil said:

Which former Ranger is totally not in the mob? Answer: Michal Grabner.

9 hours ago, Keirik said:

How has Schneider looked? 

9 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Like he always has. With his eyes.

This was pretty funny!!!  love the snappy comebacks, Sharpy!!!

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

My wife is literally snoring 3 ft away from me. The only thing stopping me from smothering her with a pillow is this 2-0 lead 

8 hours ago, jsrangers said:

Go with a dutch oven to start. 

8 hours ago, leetchy2 said:

Alf was as invisible as Chytil tonight.

….and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to the soon-to-be birthday boy, The Big K, @Keirik, who made me spill my bottle of water reading that this morning!!

Great work, you mad man!!!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Cheers 1
  • Applause 2

Sample size literally couldn't be smaller, but I'm 100% in favor of sending all the dead weight packing and replacing them with these pack pups.

In: Greco, Barron

Out: Gauthier, Chytil

On the fence right now with Gettinger/Hunt.

• VINNY! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

22 minutes ago, Phil said:

Sample size literally couldn't be smaller, but I'm 100% in favor of sending all the dead weight packing and replacing them with these pack pups.

I'm thinking Gettinger is too slow to make an impact.  Definitely agree with the first two, especially Barron because the sample size is a little larger.  Plus it looks like he actually can win meaningful faceoffs.  

41 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yeah I hear ya on the one game sample size, boss....but the preliminary showing looked pretty good in the hop from AHL to play against NHL players, even if it is the Sharks.

No doubt though...we have some serious dead wood.  I think you're right though; they're probably taking a look at what needs to be "pruned" around here.  Fine by me!

...and Chytil??  Maybe it's me, man...but I just cannot watch his board work anymore!  A fucking gust of wind blows and he's bounced off the puck like a 3rd grader!

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Gotta do it and I have hopes that coach G will in fact do so

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

I'm thinking Gettinger is too slow to make an impact.  Definitely agree with the first two, especially Barron because the sample size is a little larger.  Plus it looks like he actually can win meaningful faceoffs.  

That's why I'm on the fence with Gettinger, plus, I think Hunt can actually be a really effective fourth-liner. I'm just so turned off by what we've seen of him recently, because he's been in the top-six, wasting all our times.

47 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah I hear ya on the one game sample size, boss....but the preliminary showing looked pretty good in the hop from AHL to play against NHL players, even if it is the Sharks.

No doubt though...we have some serious dead wood.  I think you're right though; they're probably taking a look at what needs to be "pruned" around here.  Fine by me!

...and Chytil??  Maybe it's me, man...but I just cannot watch his board work anymore!  A fucking gust of wind blows and he's bounced off the puck like a 3rd grader!

Should add, the added benefit here is the players we're talking about shipping out are more expensive and/or due raises sooner. I'm all in favor of cutting bait on ineffective players with higher price points for more effective players with lower ones.

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

That's why I'm on the fence with Gettinger, plus, I think Hunt can actually be a really effective fourth-liner. I'm just so turned off by what we've seen of him recently, because he's been in the top-six, wasting all our times.

Should add, the added benefit here is the players we're talking about shipping out are more expensive and/or due raises sooner. I'm all in favor of cutting bait on ineffective players with higher price points for more effective players with lower ones.

We're definitely gonna need the cap space, for sure and what's more is that it's almost a blessing that Kakko and Yukon haven't set the world on fire.  Hopefully they blossom on their bridge deals.

Think this will help fit Strome in after the season???