• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#39) Rangers at Philadelphia Flyers — Commence Operation Claude

Phil

This team is so weird it’s almost as if their identity is not to have one, do whatever the fuck they feel like on any given night in the offensive zone, play some sort of combination of zone and man to man defense, and somehow just get it done. No clue anymore. I know philly is bad but this is the nhl. It’s not like Igor stole the game. How did we win? Decidedly mediocre all game except for one Mika rip. 

11 minutes ago, Valriera said:

This team is so weird it’s almost as if their identity is not to have one, do whatever the fuck they feel like on any given night in the offensive zone, play some sort of combination of zone and man to man defense, and somehow just get it done. No clue anymore. I know philly is bad but this is the nhl. It’s not like Igor stole the game. How did we win? Decidedly mediocre all game except for one Mika rip. 

blue jackets lost 9-2 tonight.  you just don’t know how much effort you’re going to get from a bad team on any given night.  better to score a few early goals and watch them give up for the night.  no one wants to play at florida right now because they are lighting teams up at home- that’s the kind of intimidation you want

12 minutes ago, Valriera said:

It’s still a division rival on the road at the end of a road trip on which they were playing 3 hours earlier time zone. In a vacuum yes, they should mop the floor with Philly, but it’s not a vacuum and they still got it done. 

15 minutes ago, fletch said:

blue jackets lost 9-2 tonight.  you just don’t know how much effort you’re going to get from a bad team on any given night.  better to score a few early goals and watch them give up for the night.  no one wants to play at florida right now because they are lighting teams up at home- that’s the kind of intimidation you want

That's what good teams do against bad teams.

Average teams eek out wins against bad teams. 

• VINNY! 1

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

That's what good teams do against bad teams.

Average teams eek out wins against bad teams. 

You mean like those same Panthers earlier in the year got smoked 7-3 by the Devils? Or when the Senators beat the Panthers 8-2 in November? Or does one game only count when it helps you?  Btw that same bad team from Columbus just mopped up the Canes 6-0 

you know what good teams do?  Play at a .692% clip over half the season. 

1 hour ago, josh said:

They won. 

Everyone shut the fuck up.

I will send georgiev after each and every one of you. 

This team is gonna get healthier. And they will this season anyway pick up a high quality rental or 2, no cap problem. We aren't Cup favorites, but with that, an All World goalie and a battle-tested coach, gonna be a fun spring. 

Watched the Avs struggle to beat a depleted Coyotes last night in a shootout. Every team has it's faults. It's not 1978, or even 1986. Cap precludes any team from being truly complete and without holes. 

Edited by Bugg
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

You mean like those same Panthers earlier in the year got smoked 7-3 by the Devils? Or when the Senators beat the Panthers 8-2 in November? Or does one game only count when it helps you?  Btw that same bad team from Columbus just mopped up the Canes 6-0 

you know what good teams do?  Play at a .692% clip over half the season. 

Yea, Spencer Knight has an .896 sv%. He lost both those games. 

Again, this isn't one game. It's the story of the year. It's why they're middle of the pack in goal differential and have the worst goal diff of any team in the top 10 in the standings. They're 2nd in the NHL in wins by 1 goal. 

You put me in a position where I have to point out all the flaws ...Look I'm happy they're winning and they're better than last year of course, but fact remains they have serious problems to fix if they want to make it out of R1.

Edited by Pete