• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#39) Rangers at Philadelphia Flyers — Commence Operation Claude

Phil

2 hours ago, Pete said:

And when they do, of they can defend better and score 5v5, they'll be better than...average. 😉

Oilers blew a 3-1 lead last night.Not entirely disagreeing with your fair points. But the competition among and between the NHL leading teams have flaws too. Will grant you; lack of 3rd line and Yukon and Kakko production has to change for the better.Teams are gonna sell out to defense Panarin and Zib. And the bad habit of passing around the perimeter looking for the perfect shot rather than taking an open one, those things need to change. 

11 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Oilers blew a 3-1 lead last night.Not entirely disagreeing with your fair points. But the competition among and between the NHL leading teams have flaws too. Will grant you; lack of 3rd line and Yukon and Kakko production has to change for the better.Teams are gonna sell out to defense Panarin and Zib. And the bad habit of passing around the perimeter looking for the perfect shot rather than taking an open one, those things need to change. 

I hear you but the Oilers suck LOL.

And agreed on teams going to now try and zero in on 3-4 guys and daring the rest of the team to beat them. 

Who knows, maybe that will trigger something in Kakko, Laf, Chytil (if he's still here) etc.

But if they maintain status quo, personnel wise and team play wise, and don't fix the obvious gaps...gonna be a short post season IMO.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Keirik said:

You mean like those same Panthers earlier in the year got smoked 7-3 by the Devils? Or when the Senators beat the Panthers 8-2 in November? Or does one game only count when it helps you?  Btw that same bad team from Columbus just mopped up the Canes 6-0 

you know what good teams do?  Play at a .692% clip over half the season. 

I’m glad we aren’t playing perfect hockey now but keep on a good winning pace

i don’t want to peak too early. It’s good they are mixing in some new players and have the luxury to experiment before it gets real

• VINNY! 1

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

This team goes as Panarin, Kreider, Zibanejad and Strome go. Those guys have an off/quiet night and it's awfully hard to get in the W column. It's no wonder they're like 20th in the league in GF/G. Secondary scoring outside of those 4 has been a problem all damn season and I don't see a fix for it anytime soon. Not much a single trade will be able to fix. Just have to accept this is the production output this roster can muster this season, and see what these kids can develop into next season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Karan said:

This team goes as Panarin, Kreider, Zibanejad and Strome go. Those guys have an off/quiet night and it's awfully hard to get in the W column. It's no wonder they're like 20th in the league in GF/G. Secondary scoring outside of those 4 has been a problem all damn season and I don't see a fix for it anytime soon. Not much a single trade will be able to fix. Just have to accept this is the production output this roster can muster this season, and see what these kids can develop into next season. 

Add Fox there. Sometimes it seems like he can win a game on his own. 

• VINNY! 1

5 hours ago, Pete said:

Yea, Spencer Knight has an .896 sv%. He lost both those games. 

Again, this isn't one game. It's the story of the year. It's why they're middle of the pack in goal differential and have the worst goal diff of any team in the top 10 in the standings. They're 2nd in the NHL in wins by 1 goal. 

You put me in a position where I have to point out all the flaws ...Look I'm happy they're winning and they're better than last year of course, but fact remains they have serious problems to fix if they want to make it out of R1.

But no one is saying they don’t have flaws. Every team does. Some less than others. Fact still remains that the Rangers are a good team. 

If thry get replace,ent goaltending on any given night they will lose. Well, looks like the same goes for Florida as well.  I’d still call Florida elite because they just have a bit more depth. Doesn’t make us average though. 

2 hours ago, Karan said:

Agree with this for sure, don't think a rental or rentals do much here because I don't think it pushes them that much further this year. To me it's scary to rely on the second part (wait for the current kids) for this team to develop the depth scoring they desperately need.  I think they should focus more on using the assets they do have to take shots at new affordable pieces (probably unproven because of the cap) during the off season to bring some of what's missing.  

It's great they're sitting where they are in the standings imo. Happy to see them win a lot more this season than in seasons past. I just have major concerns about the number of passengers and it would be nice to know where we are going to land with Strome as well. One of the 5 competent guys who brings a level of production.

Edited by jsrangers

1 hour ago, Karan said:

In fairness, if you took the top 4 players off of any team it’s likely the same thing. There probably are 2-3 teams in the league that can win without their top players. Maybe 4. But those are the top tier teams in the entire league. 

56 minutes ago, Keirik said:

In fairness, if you took the top 4 players off of any team it’s likely the same thing. There probably are 2-3 teams in the league that can win without their top players. Maybe 4. But those are the top tier teams in the entire league. 

Yeah maybe, but I don't know man if you look at the top 10 teams in the league, so basically all the teams immediately above and below the Rangers, we seem to have the biggest disparity between primary and secondary scoring. Their top 3-4 stars are obviously leading the way, but when they're shut down, they seem to have a little more reliable secondary scoring than the Rangers. Especially since most of them don't have the luxury of a Vezina caliber goalie to bail them out.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Karan said:

Yeah maybe, but I don't know man if you look at the top 10 teams in the league, so basically all the teams immediately above and below the Rangers, we seem to have the biggest disparity between primary and secondary scoring. Their top 3-4 stars are obviously leading the way, but when they're shut down, they seem to have a little more reliable secondary scoring than the Rangers. Especially since most of them don't have the luxury of a Vezina caliber goalie to bail them out.

Well some of those teams are elite teams. And also for the record, the save % leaders isn’t just Shesty and everyone else in a lower tier or anything.

Shesty     .939
Campbell .931

Jarry        .929

Andersen .928

Vasilevsky .924

Bob.            .921

Shesty is above the rest but those numbers for everyone else is nothing to discount. That’s why a team like Edmonton is never mentioned among the good or elite teams. 

6 hours ago, Keirik said:

But no one is saying they don’t have flaws. Every team does. Some less than others. Fact still remains that the Rangers are a good team. 

If thry get replace,ent goaltending on any given night they will lose. Well, looks like the same goes for Florida as well.  I’d still call Florida elite because they just have a bit more depth. Doesn’t make us average though. 

Well no, that goaltending was not replacement level sorry. It was the same trash level goaltending that people were whining about when Geo was doing it.

If you think a good team means five players and a goalie, then cool. Again you're all hung up on the labels, but the fact remains the Rangers are an average team in every major category. The record is a product of super stellar goaltending, weak schedule, and covid. 

4 hours ago, Karan said:

The Rangers are basically Leafs Metro... 4 or 5 good players, a superior goalie, and what have we seen happen to the Leafs in the playoffs in recent memory?

33 minutes ago, Pete said:

Well no, that goaltending was not replacement level sorry. It was the same trash level goaltending that people were whining about when Geo was doing it.

If you think a good team means five players and a goalie, then cool. Again you're all hung up on the labels, but the fact remains the Rangers are an average team in every major category. The record is a product of super stellar goaltending, weak schedule, and covid. 

Please stop telling me that Im hung up on labels when after a win you start posting “average teams eek out wins” out of nowhere. It’s such a tired argument at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

8 hours ago, Karan said:

Add shesterkin

Welcome back once again, after that thriller on Saturday night!! 

........And here are the Top 10 nominees for Saturday night's Ozzy Quote of the GDT, sponsored by: Michelob Ultra, the official drink of the "Ozzy Pee Pee Dance"

On 1/15/2022 at 7:15 PM, Bugg said:

Chytil on the top line is like giving 16 year old boys a cooler of cold beer and keys to a Ford Mustang. 

On 1/15/2022 at 8:06 PM, josh said:

Feels like the Rangers aren't invested in this game. Sorta like me at work on a Friday. Just waiting for it to be over. 

On 1/15/2022 at 8:18 PM, josh said:

Mckegg must have millions of participation trophies 

On 1/15/2022 at 8:53 PM, G1000 said:

Let's fucking get going here. Let's deep dick some cheesesteaks and conquer the Liberty Bell

On 1/15/2022 at 8:56 PM, Keirik said:

Every time I see this bill pitdo commercial I think his head is going to pop. Dude really needs to get a bigger neck shirt 

On 1/15/2022 at 9:01 PM, josh said:

First nhl goal - drink and 

On 1/15/2022 at 9:21 PM, Phil said:

Rangers' 2021-22 mantra: "Ugly, but fuck it. We win!"

On 1/15/2022 at 9:23 PM, josh said:

So @Ozzy is our mascot? 

On 1/15/2022 at 9:25 PM, Phil said:

Yeah, except he doesn't dance a lot, because he's wasted.

You have to see my Pee Pee Dance!

On 1/15/2022 at 10:52 PM, josh said:

They won. 

Everyone shut the fuck up.

I will send georgiev after each and every one of you. 

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Bugg!  Go figure...the guy we've been ripping to pieces for weeks, goes and ties the game up scoring a big one! 

All I can say about that game was, "Fuck it!  We won!"...now let's get home and get well!

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

Please stop telling me that Im hung up on labels when after a win you start posting “average teams eek out wins” out of nowhere. It’s such a tired argument at this point. 

Out of nowhere? Or responding to a post about how we (once again) barely beat a pretty bad team?

If it's tired then ignore it. Theres no rule that says you have to respond yet you can't seem to help yourself. 

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Out of nowhere? Or responding to a post about how we (once again) barely beat a pretty bad team?

If it's tired then ignore it. Theres no rule that says you have to respond yet you can't seem to help yourself. 

Yeah it is out of nowhere lol. But you be you, over the message board. 

25-10-4 

On 1/16/2022 at 7:32 AM, Pete said:

Yea, Spencer Knight has an .896 sv%. He lost both those games. 

Again, this isn't one game. It's the story of the year. It's why they're middle of the pack in goal differential and have the worst goal diff of any team in the top 10 in the standings. They're 2nd in the NHL in wins by 1 goal. 

You put me in a position where I have to point out all the flaws ...Look I'm happy they're winning and they're better than last year of course, but fact remains they have serious problems to fix if they want to make it out of R1.

Did you really type that?  Lol, dude, stop.  Just enjoy the ride we're on.  Why do you always feel the need to be correct. The need to be better than everyone else.  My goodness.  You are talking like this in every damn thread I come across.  I know you don't really feel this way but you do come across like you want them to lose just so you can be right.  If  people wanna be happy about the way the team is playing then let them be happy.  Let us all enjoy it.  Why do you need to be the person to bring it all down.  We've had nothing to be happy about in the past three years except 2 lottery winners that are even turning out to be shit.  You sound like Randy Quaid in Major League 2.  Come enjoy it with us.

• LOL 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

I think you can be happy with wins but still offer constructive criticism of wins when flaws in the team are apparent.  If management/coaches ignored warning signs, then roster fixes couldn't be made, and changes to in game strategy couldn't be made.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

12 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Did you really type that?  Lol, dude, stop.  Just enjoy the ride we're on.  Why do you always feel the need to be correct. The need to be better than everyone else.  My goodness.  You are talking like this in every damn thread I come across.  I know you don't really feel this way but you do come across like you want them to lose just so you can be right.  If  people wanna be happy about the way the team is playing then let them be happy.  Let us all enjoy it.  Why do you need to be the person to bring it all down.  We've had nothing to be happy about in the past three years except 2 lottery winners that are even turning out to be shit.  You sound like Randy Quaid in Major League 2.  Come enjoy it with us.

Everyone else is free to make their points, and opportunistically hammer it home when something shows they were right, but I'm not? Stop.

I don't know what to tell you other than the ignore button is a wonderful feature. There's like 20 other people on this board you can say this about, so don't know why you're coming at me. The rest of your post is ridiculous. Yes, I'm better than all of you and I want the team to lose, you're right. Why would you even want to read my posts anyway?

1 minute ago, fletch said:

I think you can be happy with wins but still offer constructive criticism of wins when flaws in the team are apparent.  If management/coaches ignored warning signs, then roster fixes couldn't be made, and changes to in game strategy couldn't be made.

bbc series 25 GIF by Top Gear