• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Moon Knight

Drew a Penalty

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

As good as this was for me, I wasn't expecting a second season. Yeah, I agree with Pete, and really, that can be said for a lot of streaming shows on all platforms. I feel like most 8-10 episode seasons could be movies, or at very least, cut in half with the number of episodes. I think Netflix may be guilty of that more than the other streamers, but it's a trend with all of them.

Speaking of Star Wars, as good as the Obi Wan series was, that could have easily been a standalone movie. It wasn't many episodes, but there was still some filler there that could have been trimmed down.

I don't really agree. The problem with movies is they're big chunks. I'd personally rather watch a four-episode mini-series than a two and a half or three-hour movie. It's not even an attention span thing. I have two kids. I just don't have that kinda time lol. I gotta digest stuff in smaller parts.

I think it's why I'm a big fan of limited series. Some of the best TV in the last decade has come out this way — The Night Of (HBO), Godless (Netflix), Chernobyl (HBO), Midnight Mass (Netflix), Sharp Objects (HBO), When They See Us (Netflix). A lot of these are like four to seven or eight episodes long. Band of Brothers (HBO) was ten episodes, and that's top-3 of all-time in my estimation.

I'd argue the opposite here — not that Moon Knight should be a movie, but that it should be a mini-series. Give me four to six action-packed episodes. Cut out the filler and I'm all the way in.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

I don't really agree. The problem with movies is they're big chunks. I'd personally rather watch a four-episode mini-series than a two and a half or three-hour movie. It's not even an attention span thing. I have two kids. I just don't have that kinda time lol. I gotta digest stuff in smaller parts.

I think it's why I'm a big fan of limited series. Some of the best TV in the last decade has come out this way — The Night Of (HBO), Godless (Netflix), Chernobyl (HBO), Midnight Mass (Netflix), Sharp Objects (HBO), When They See Us (Netflix). A lot of these are like four to seven or eight episodes long. Band of Brothers (HBO) was ten episodes, and that's top-3 of all-time in my estimation.

I'd argue the opposite here — not that Moon Knight should be a movie, but that it should be a mini-series. Give me four to six action-packed episodes. Cut out the filler and I'm all the way in.

There's nothing stopping you from watching a movie in chunks. It took me 3 days to watch that abortion last matrix movie. 

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

There's nothing stopping you from watching a movie in chunks. It took me 3 days to watch that abortion last matrix movie. 

Oh, of course. I usually do, lol. I tend to start them after the kids are in bed and I get through whatever I couldn't during the day, and then fall asleep after like 45 minutes.

I'm just saying, because of this, that's why I love mini-series. I know I can get through it, and if I fall asleep during a 30, 45, or even 60-minute episode, it's easier for me to know where to go back and start over.

I just think it's easier to digest intentionally broken up mini-series than it is to with a movie because you can't really know where the best place to stop/pause is.

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Oh, of course. I usually do, lol. I tend to start them after the kids are in bed and I get through whatever I couldn't during the day, and then fall asleep after like 45 minutes.

I'm just saying, because of this, that's why I love mini-series. I know I can get through it, and if I fall asleep during a 30, 45, or even 60-minute episode, it's easier for me to know where to go back and start over.

I just think it's easier to digest intentionally broken up mini-series than it is to with a movie because you can't really know where the best place to stop/pause is.

I get that. I just think a lot of series drag on because they feel they need 8 to 10 episodes instead of three to four episodes. 

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I get that. I just think a lot of series drag on because they feel they need 8 to 10 episodes instead of three to four episodes. 

Totally. Really depends on the show. Something like Band of Brothers, for example, really needed the extra time. The Night Of, on the other hand, was perfectly succinct.

Just as examples, I feel like almost every Marvel series on Disney could trim to four or six and be better for it.

• Keeps it 100 1

I think when you have an interesting story like Moon Knight, an entire universe of different shit to introduce, and bluntly, someone like Oscar Isaac as an enthusiastic, willing contributor, go for the stretch goals and go for the 6 hours of episodes. I just wish they were more mindful of the filler. Or, you know, not making a shitshow of epic stories like Secret Wars.