• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Heavily Pursuing Potential Trade for J.T. Miller

3 hours ago, CCCP said:

Gourde isnt going anywhere.  They just signed him. 

might as well hope for Crosby as your 3C

Why do you keep saying they just signed him when he signed his contract 2 years prior with Tampa?  He’s in year 3 of 6 of his contract. 

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

@Keirik = Keith (The Big Guy) is the one who brought up Gourde.  He even did a trade analysis at my request and laid out all the details on how we could afford to trade for him...which is kinda cool if you're not a Salary-capologist like me.

I'm simply thinking that "NTC" is a rubber stamp, so Gourde couldn't get dealt to a Canadian or cellar dwelling team.

I'd bet anything he waive that fucker to come play for the Rangers.

I have no idea if Yanni would want to come here. I do know he signed him 6 year deal in 2018 thinking it was to stay in Tampa. I’m assuming part of that reason was because they were cup contenders.  I do believe he did waive his NTC to be picked by Seattle? I think that’s right? So who knows. But I can’t imagine it’s a,aging going from a cup winner to 29th out of 32 teams with literally have the guys not under. Ontract next year. Plus, after this season his NTC changes to a modified NTC so he’s in play then regardless. 

I’m still allowed to dream the dream though lol 

2. Again, the Rangers’ preference is to sign Strome, but J.T. Miller could lurk as a potential replacement. We are told that Vancouver GM Jim Rutherford’s asking price for the one-time Ranger is astronomical at this point, but the ask is surely to drop as the deadline approaches if the Canucks — five points out of a playoff spot with five teams to pass while at a games-played disadvantage — entirely drop out of the race

Is Miller a replica of Strome? Not even close. But with another year remaining on his deal at a $5.25 million cap hit, Miller could play right wing with either Zibanejad or Strome down the stretch this season before sliding into the middle next year if the need arises.

Perhaps the Rangers, whose interest in Miller has been previously reported in this space, could get the Canucks to eat 50 percent of the contract for a sweeter return. That would allow the team to have Miller with Strome next season if No. 16 does sign an extension.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/26/rangers-in-contract-talks-with-ryan-strome-option-they-wont-pick/

7 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Good.  Focus on Giroux!  Miller is the consolation prize.

Keith may have the best option with Gourde!! 

Giroux shouldn't cost that much, and what's more is that I can totally see the Flyers re-sign him after he gets dealt as a rental!

• 1 month later...

Boeser playing with Strome and Panarin could be pure filth.  Shoot first sniper like him with two premier set-up guys?  That might be the best addition.  $5.85 salary hit for this year and next and then RFA.  

Jt Miller was my original target way back before I thought (and still think) Gourde was a better fit for so many reasons. 

However,I’m all aboard as long as Schneider isn’t part of the equation. If he is, we will look back on this for years as a horrible trade. 

• VINNY! 1

1 hour ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Boeser is an RFA after this season with a $7.5M QO. He’d make very little sense despite being a good shooter.

Misread the year! Only having him this year changes things. Especially if he is restricted .

55 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Jt Miller was my original target way back before I thought (and still think) Gourde was a better fit for so many reasons. 

However,I’m all aboard as long as Schneider isn’t part of the equation. If he is, we will look back on this for years as a horrible trade. 

I can totally see teams asking about Schneider but I don’t think there’s a chance in hell Drury moves him. He stabilized the third pair. Kid’s a stud and this team can’t afford a hole on defense. They’ve got other defensemen they can move. 

I love Miller and never wanted him traded in the first place, but I can’t help but wonder what happens to Strome..

• Applause 1

5 hours ago, Keirik said:

Unless they win a Cup this year!

• VINNY! 1