• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Inside Chris Kreider's Rangers Transformation From Streaky Scorer to Leading Man

Phil

43 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Not saying he's Phil Esposito, but similarly, he make$ his living in front of the net.

Esposito, Andreychuk, Smyth — you can draw comparisons to all of them. He works in tight, and scores the the overwhelming majority of his goals off of deflections. That's a skill that won't depreciate rapidly.

30 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

He's gonna score more goals in his 30's than in his 20's.

Agreed. I think he's learned what makes him most effective, and he's really leaning into it. I easily see him posting multiple 30-40 goal seasons over the next three or four seasons.

• VINNY! 4

45 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

He's gonna score more goals in his 30's than in his 20's.

I hope so

He doesn’t need to continue having seasons like this moving forward, nor should it be the expectation.

If he’s a 35-goal guy moving forward, I’d be happy

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 6:38 PM, ThirtyONE said:

I know everyone's tired of this question, but I do still wonder if CK might just be the next captain. No, one good season does not make someone a captain, but his new mentality seems obvious. 

I'm happy for the guy and happy for the Rangers who probably felt like shit about his deal when they won the lottery. (Amazing how that's panned out, BTW.)

you know its sort of funny.  at hanks number raising they sent out like 6 alternates.  it made me think of the great knicks team of the 60/70's.  just the way they played so selflessly.  i am o.k. with this approach.  you can see this locker room is pimp right now.  even the way the guys gush about reever.  the florida game was statement in my mind.  these guys can hang with anyone in this league, especially with Igor in the pipes.  

would love to see them grab a guy like pavelski at the deadline.  just get me a complete professional thats been there before.

hats off to gorts/jd.  they really built a hell of a team.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

you know its sort of funny.  at hanks number raising they sent out like 6 alternates.  it made me think of the great knicks team of the 60/70's.  just the way they played so selflessly.  i am o.k. with this approach.  you can see this locker room is pimp right now.  even the way the guys gush about reever.  the florida game was statement in my mind.  these guys can hang with anyone in this league, especially with Igor in the pipes.  

would love to see them grab a guy like pavelski at the deadline.  just get me a complete professional thats been there before.

hats off to gorts/jd.  they really built a hell of a team.

With the excess of cap space we have, Slobby I think we should get some extra depth players as well.  I'm thinking some season-end RFA veterans, with decent playoff mileage will do us some justice;  I'm trying to guess who, but I'll most likely be wrong!  LOL

I'd sure as hell like to see Pavelski as a Ranger, and Gourde would be a great addition moving forward....especially if we could get the math to work, to keep Strome here with him and the Zibber.

The more I think of Giroux, the more I think the Flyers won't trade him to us.  I like Giroux and I think he would be perfect in the middle of Laff and Goodrow.  We'll see though...

On 2/4/2022 at 6:45 AM, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I think I counted 3 goals that were not tips/deflections/tap-ins

how many sick passes did he get?  damn.  some of the goals look like man against boys.

the other thing that stands out is how fast this game has become.  we always say it but damn.  guys are flying out there.  awesome to watch.

• The Chyt! 1

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

With the excess of cap space we have, Slobby I think we should get some extra depth players as well.  I'm thinking some season-end RFA veterans, with decent playoff mileage will do us some justice;  I'm trying to guess who, but I'll most likely be wrong!  LOL

I'd sure as hell like to see Pavelski as a Ranger, and Gourde would be a great addition moving forward....especially if we could get the math to work, to keep Strome here with him and the Zibber.

The more I think of Giroux, the more I think the Flyers won't trade him to us.  I like Giroux and I think he would be perfect in the middle of Laff and Goodrow.  We'll see though...

i could get benind Giroux.  he would be the type of guy who would be so motivated to go deep on a run.  he has a lot of pelts on his belt too.

• VINNY! 2