• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers are in the 'Chychrun Sweepstakes'

Phil

Do you move Lindgren in a move for Chychrun?

a Fox-Chychrun top pair could be lethal.

Lindgren should appeal to the Yotes. Possibly someone who can become a leadership core they build up around. 

Cap-wise, if giving them Lindgren also means they take Nemeth (which would also even up the cap hit) its hard to say no to that

NYR Recieve 

Chychrun

Kessel (50% retained)

AZ Recieve

Lindgren

Nemeth

Chytil

2023 2nd rounder

idk im just spitballing

Just now, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Lindgren should appeal to the Yotes. Possibly someone who can become a leadership core they build up around. 

Cap-wise, if giving them Lindgren also means they take Nemeth (which would also even up the cap hit) its hard to say no to that

NYR Recieve 

Chychrun

Kessel (50% retained)

AZ Recieve

Lindgren

Nemeth

Chytil

2023 2nd rounder

idk im just spitballing

Nope. You don't get rid of the glue. Send em Lundkvist instead of Lindgren.

Just now, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

NYR Recieve 

Chychrun

Kessel (50% retained)

AZ Recieve

Lindgren

Nemeth

Chytil

2023 2nd rounder

idk im just spitballing

yeah..i dont see Lindgren surviving for too long.  the guy takes a beating almost every game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

NYR Recieve 

Chychrun

Kessel (50% retained)

AZ Recieve

Lindgren

Nemeth

Chytil

2023 2nd rounder

idk im just spitballing

I'd move Miller before I'd move Lindgren.

• Cheers 2
  • VINNY! 3

Lindgren is definitely better than Miller, I agree. But you gotta give to get. We can't assume the yotes wanna take our spare parts.

Not sure where I'd stand on that type of move (take out chytil and we don't get kessel, im sure Kravstov would factor into this deal as well) but just a thought experiment.

Its hard to see us trading for Chychrun and putting him on the third pair. Its also hard to see us breaking up Miller-Trouba (assuming Miller isn't a part of the deal/is still on the team). That would leave Lindgren as the trade piece to build the move around

Miller isn't a spare part, he's growing into the role. He's not really ready for 2nd pair, but if he's not moved he'd thrive on a 3rd pair with a reliable partner (Schneider).

Lindgren Fox

Cimmichonga Trouba

Miller Schneider

Collect the Cup.

• Cheers 1
  • VINNY! 4
  • Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Miller isn't a spare part, he's growing into the role. He's not really ready for 2nd pair, but if he's not moved he'd thrive on a 3rd pair with a reliable partner (Schneider).

Lindgren Fox

Cimmichonga Trouba

Miller Schneider

Collect the Cup.

If he comes here, you just dubbed him!!  LOL 

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Lindgren Fox

Cimmichonga Trouba

Miller Schneider

Collect the Cup.

spare parts might have been bad phrasing, but more just emphasizing the point that you cant expect to get players like Chychrun without giving up a valuable piece(s) in return

If that is our top 6 D after a trade for Chychrun, who are you envisioning we are giving up?

Chytil, Kravstov, Nemeth (assuming AZ isnt on his No Trade List, which lets be real, they likely are) and a pick? Those three guys have low value (and in Nemeth's case, negative value) so it would be 3 pieces of damaged goods for their most valuable trade asset 

I think they are chock full of picks this draft, and probably want to stock up on 2023 picks while they are at it, but thats not the super important part

2 hours ago, CCCP said:

yeah..i dont see Lindgren surviving for too long.  the guy takes a beating almost every game. 

I mean, even if Lindgren's career only lasted 3 more seasons (which I don't know why you'd assume that), you know he's a 1st pair dman who's capable of handling top players. 

All we know about Chychrun is that he has bad numbers on a bad team. He could fall flat here AND he also plays a completely different role than Lindgren. It makes no sense to move one for the other.

• Applause 2

53 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

I mean, even if Lindgren's career only lasted 3 more seasons (which I don't know why you'd assume that), you know he's a 1st pair dman who's capable of handling top players. 

All we know about Chychrun is that he has bad numbers on a bad team. He could fall flat here AND he also plays a completely different role than Lindgren. It makes no sense to move one for the other.

i dont think Lindgren is a first pair d-man.  he plays on the first pair here but it doesnt mean that he is.  and because he plays so many minutes on the first pair, he takes a lot of physical abuse.  He does not exactly know how to avoid getting hit. So i think he may not last very long, ala Callahan (i did not say 3 seasons, you assumed i did) where a smaller physical player takes lot of abuse.  I just dont think his body will take years of that kind of abuse and be productive.

I did not advocate for Chychrun, i just pointed out Lindgren

• Keeps it 100 1

3 hours ago, CCCP said:

Girardi took more of a punishment most games than Lindgren does and managed to play 10+ years for the Rangers. While I partly agree with you that Lindgren probably won't be a first pair on most other teams (I think he's mostly in that position due to his chemistry with Fox), I still think there's plenty of serviceable years we can get out of him. 

• VINNY! 1

Just now, Karan said:

Girardi took more of a punishment most games than Lindgren does and managed to play 10+ years for the Rangers. While I partly agree with you that Lindgren probably won't be a first pair on most other teams (I think he's mostly in that position due to his chemistry with Fox), I still think there's plenty of serviceable years we can get out of him. 

moving down did wonders for McDonagh's career (mostly his health). Would have given Girardi a few more seasons, too.

• VINNY! 1

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't understand why he's not a first pairing D man. Because he gets hit a lot? OK. He also hits other people a lot, doesn't make mistakes, doesn't bleed shots.

No issue with Lindgren.

Kinda like how strome isn't a 1C, but can play the part because he has great chemistry with a great player.

15 minutes ago, josh said:

Nothing against either player.

Lindgren, by himself, isn't a top pair guy. 

There are only a handful of defenseman in the NHL who you can say would be top pairing guys no matter who their partner is.

That's really not a barometer at all. He's performing as a top pair of defenseman in the most competitive division in NHL.

• Like 1
  • The Chyt! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

5 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

NYR Recieve 

Chychrun

Kessel (50% retained)

AZ Recieve

Lindgren

Nemeth

Chytil

2023 2nd rounder

idk im just spitballing

I don’t know man. There is a nice chemistry between Fox and Lindgren. There also plenty of talent on D. I just don’t see how a big name on D is what our tradeable resources are worth giving up for. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

NYR Recieve 

Chychrun

Kessel (50% retained)

AZ Recieve

Lindgren

Nemeth

Chytil

2023 2nd rounder

idk im just spitballing

Absolutely not. I only move Nemeth and spare parts. No interest in a guy that reads more like Brady Skjei than a guy that the Rangers need. I keep rolling with Miller.