• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#41) Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes — Into the Storm

Phil

2 minutes ago, Dunny said:

He also has a professional hockey coach, and GM this year, as opposed to a gym teacher GM, and career amateur hockey coach.

Yea apparently it takes a whole staff and threat of being relegated the British Bangers n Mash league to make an idiot shut up and play. 

The real shame is he couldn't shut the fuck up, here. 

Edited by Pete

2 minutes ago, Dunny said:

He also has a professional hockey coach, and GM this year, as opposed to a gym teacher GM, and career amateur hockey coach.

Let's be fair; that's the English language 1st assistant to the traveling secretary of the Montreal Canadiens and the US Olympic coach managing the creme de la creme of the AHL at the Bejing Olympics.

Just now, Bugg said:

Let's be fair; that's the English language 1st assistant to the traveling secretary of the Montreal Canadiens and the US Olympic coach managing the creme de la creme of the AHL at the Bejing Olympics.

Maybe he can find a wife over there.

• LMFAO 1

11 minutes ago, Dunny said:

1G 2A +2 22+ minutes 

Brindamour steadily giving him more trust, every week, now on the top pair, on the best team in the NHL, producing over a PPG as a D Man. Literally only a calendar year ago he was wrote off, entirely.

So fucking sweet.

I knew there would be one person who would have the balls to just out themselves as loving ADA beating the rangers.

As someone who just recently got accused of hoping the rangers lose "so that I could be right", I offer uo this craptastic garbage for @SaveByRichter35

• VINNY! 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I knew there would be one person who would have the balls to just out themselves as loving ADA beating the rangers.

As someone who just recently got accused of hoping the rangers lose "so that I could be right", I offer uo this craptastic garbage for @SaveByRichter35

Come on, seethe some more.

Edited by Dunny

I thought for some time on here it was stated as fact that ADA was waived because he was a locker room problem, not because of his twitter feed.  Brooks has an article up right now alluding to twitter being the problem and now other's here say he just needs to shut up and play.  In the NBA they call it shut up and dribble, not talk politics.  In the NBA that was met with immediate backlash and support for the players first amendment protections.   ADA obviously upset a lot of people with his political words and he was waived for it.  That has been the argument from day one and just now are people finally admitting what happened.  In the end it's pathetic management nothing less.  It should piss off every fan of this team that they let an elite talent go for nothing because he upset some fans with his political opinions.  Full Stop.   

• The Chyt! 1
  • Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Capt said:

I thought for some time on here it was stated as fact that ADA was waived because he was a locker room problem, not because of his twitter feed.  Brooks has an article up right now alluding to twitter being the problem and now other's here say he just needs to shut up and play.  In the NBA they call it shut up and dribble, not talk politics.  In the NBA that was met with immediate backlash and support for the players first amendment protections.   ADA obviously upset a lot of people with his political words and he was waived for it.  That has been the argument from day one and just now are people finally admitting what happened.  In the end it's pathetic management nothing less.  It should piss off every fan of this team that they let an elite talent go for nothing because he upset some fans with his political opinions.  Full Stop.   

Don't want to relitigate this. Know 2 people with different contacts with the team who said the same things about all  this. 

Some correction required; NYR did not like the social media stuff, but that was only a small part of it. They did not care what fans thought; had ADA been quiet and played great hockey, nobody in Rangers managment would have cared even a bit about what fans thought.  In fact some of the very people who tired of ADA shared many of the same views, if quietly.

ADA would not shut the fuck up. About anything and everything. To coaches, to teammates, to the media, in social media. He was told over and over, by EVERYONE associated with the NYR to keep his mouth shut and play hockey. He simply did not do that. The nonsense with Georgiev was the final straw.

Again, think Quinn and Gorton did not handle this well, and pretty much devalued an asset with how they  did so. Too bad they did not find an alternative(a suspension?). While today  looks like ADA has grown up(and millions of dollars no doubt played a role) , we shall see. 

• VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1

He’s not on the team. Not only is he not on the team, but the coach and Gm forever linked with his time here also are not on the team.

We are 26-11-4. We are having a better year without him than we ever did with him. Good for him. He got his “revenge” game. Now let’s hope the RANGERS see the desperation and desire displayed by the best team in the division and learn to grow from this game. It’s not going to get easier as the season goes on. Games are getting bigger, more important, and more desperate. There’s a thread about ADA in the around the league section here but honestly? Fuck him at this point. We are the enemy to him so why waste one second on him here. 

Tonight sucked. I saw so,e hope though. I’d rather have this game in late January than late March. It’s a process. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3

Excuse me, but wasn't the Dryden Hunt experiment on Strome's line over before he got hurt?

Aho = Was it so much to expect something like this between a first and second overall?

Carolina is fast and relentless, but they have holes like everyone else in the cap era.  Skjei in top four and Brendan Smith playing a regular shift on D.  That should be exploitable.  It sure was when they were here.

A game like this may make a significant trade before the deadline more likely.  Unless there are enough games like this to make being a deadline buyer seem premature.

Lot's of Rangers fans there.  Wish we'd given them more of a chance to cheer.

7 hours ago, Valriera said:

The only talk needed is there are a million former rangers on that team and he was the best one there

He played great, which isn’t a surprise. I never have and never will engage on the DeAngelo talks here. All I will say is that he’s a very talented player and he played like one last night.

Fast had a great game too. Looked like fucking Ilya Kovalchuk on that one time blast.

6 hours ago, Bugg said:

Don't want to relitigate this. Know 2 people with different contacts with the team who said the same things about all  this. 

Some correction required; NYR did not like the social media stuff, but that was only a small part of it. They did not care what fans thought; had ADA been quiet and played great hockey, nobody in Rangers managment would have cared even a bit about what fans thought.  In fact some of the very people who tired of ADA shared many of the same views, if quietly.

ADA would not shut the fuck up. About anything and everything. To coaches, to teammates, to the media, in social media. He was told over and over, by EVERYONE associated with the NYR to keep his mouth shut and play hockey. He simply did not do that. The nonsense with Georgiev was the final straw.

Again, think Quinn and Gorton did not handle this well, and pretty much devalued an asset with how they  did so. Too bad they did not find an alternative(a suspension?). While today  looks like ADA has grown up(and millions of dollars no doubt played a role) , we shall see. 

Thank you.

Another point of clarification is that Larry does not mention social. He references outbursts and an altercation with a teammate. 

ADA mentions he talked to Carolina about "everything going back to junior". The he mentions social...which could mean he still doesn't get it. It's not that he put a hot take out on social, it's that he acted like an asshole on social. Like @Bugg has let us know he acted like an asshole in real life. 

An NHL team paid him to go home, not come back, and would have rather gotten nothing for him than let him play himself into a trade. Think about that.

Now ask yourself how bad must people hate him to do that to him? And then ask why a bunch of people with the same political views as him would hate him...and the answer should be fairly easy to grasp. 

• Like 2

I'm sorry, I'm not very smart so it's tough for me to grasp, but thanks for your help, I thought it was was when he stole Miller's puck and called him a ******, like Adam Herman told me, but thanks for clearing that up, and it's good to hear that it has nothing to do with his personal opinions around politics, because obviously, others also have opinions on politics, (I never considered that) so that makes sense, too.

Wow, I feel dumb. Thanks for the help grasping this.

• Applause 1

8 minutes ago, Dunny said:

I thought it was was when he stole Miller's puck and called him a ******, like Adam Herman told me

Go take it up with Herman. You can find him on Twitter. 

Happy to help clarify! Certainly feels like it was needed. 

Edited by Pete

Can’t let this loss spiral into tonight. I know back-to-backs can be lousy and exhausting, but we’re playing the friggin Coyotes who are also on one, and who also gave us a bit of a run for our money out in Arizona because we failed to show up for a large portion of that game. Come out, blow the doors off this terrible franchise and don’t let this crappy loss snowball into a mini disaster.

• Cheers 1
  • VINNY! 1