• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#41) Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes — Into the Storm

Phil

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

I'm sorry, I'm not very smart so it's tough for me to grasp, but thanks for your help, I thought it was was when he stole Miller's puck and called him a ******, like Adam Herman told me, but thanks for clearing that up, and it's good to hear that it has nothing to do with his personal opinions around politics, because obviously, others also have opinions on politics, (I never considered that) so that makes sense, too.

Wow, I feel dumb. Thanks for the help grasping this.

The Adam Herman stuff has the distinct whiff of BS.

But what is true,again, is ADA was completely incapable of taking direction and shutting his yap here. Now players are all going to say nice stuff because you never know when somewhere down the line they may be teammates with him again, here, there or someplace else. Which in many ways shows way more professionalism among the vast majority of NHL players than ADA showed himself. ADA has blown through a mess of NHL teams and junior squads like most people change socks despite his talent. It's not some grand conspiracy about his politics. Again, lots of people in the NHL lean the same way. That had nothing to do with it.

And that's that. On to beating the piss out of the Coyotes and beyond. 

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

• Phil unpinned this topic

Why are we still arguing about ada in a rangers thread? Dude was flat out trolling the Rangers and fan base last night. When someone scores for the first time against a former team, he usually is a bit muted out of respect for the fan base. Not ADA. He was more than happy to celebrate in the face of the bench and for everyone to see. 

Aren't we all Ranger fans here? I'm so confused. 

Edited by Keirik

We're back!!!!  Well, sort of...

Looks like we have plenty of work to do before the playoffs, kids!!

I gotta admit, it wasn't fun watching this one in a crowded bar, surrounded by a group of Islander fans who were shutting out their opponent.  ...those front-running bastards even cheered for D'Angelo's goal, then bought me a shot feeling sorry for me!

........And here are the Top 12 nominees for last night's Ozzy Quote of the GDT, sponsored by Playboy TV...the only station you could see someone suck more than we did last night!

18 hours ago, Cr00zng said:

If the Rangers are half as excited as we are, the bed will not be soiled tonight...

16 hours ago, Keirik said:

Aho in Japanese means idiot. 

15 hours ago, Bugg said:

Chytil missed the net from 2 feet out, hard to do unless you totally suck.

14 hours ago, josh said:

Sam also sucks tonight 

14 hours ago, Bugg said:

Nemeth needs to find a few sport coats and a seat in the press box until further notice. 

14 hours ago, josh said:

Chytil with a breakaway and doesn't get a shot on goal.

Sums up the game 

14 hours ago, josh said:

Kakko crying?

Glad I'm not the only one 

14 hours ago, The Dude said:

Reality check.  The Rangers need work. They also need to realize Georgiev is mental, Nemeth should be waived and Hunt needs to be executed with a bazooka. 

14 hours ago, Keirik said:

Yeah I’m not pinning this one on Georgiev. The entire lineup has been dogshit in front of him. It’s a good thing they are seeing this now because this is going to show them exactly what they need to do to win in tough games.

14 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I get it we’re getting our asses whooped and the world is burning. But good God, do I love seeing Hank on the TV. Love that guy.

14 hours ago, The Dude said:

I swear Nemeth sucks on purpose. 

13 hours ago, Pete said:

What happens when you click the highlight link?  Does it just buffer until 2029?

13 hours ago, Keirik said:

Yeah but Kakko plays like a diarrhea filled diaper even if it is an XL diaper

…and the winning quotes for tonight’s GDT goes to both @Pete, and @The Dude!!!

Dude man hit the nail on the head and Pete's made me fall outta my chair!

Yup, we fucking blew last night, and looked like a minor league team...tonight is a new night and a new adventure...get right back at it and start making some improvements!!!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Cheers 2
  • VINNY! 1

I couldn't hear the sound but I saw the camera keep flashing on kakko, and I could only imagine what they were saying!!!

Then I see Reaves getting double shifted!!  Jesus, what a fucking mess!!  LOL

Back on track tonight I hope!

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

He’s not on the team. Not only is he not on the team, but the coach and Gm forever linked with his time here also are not on the team.

We are 26-11-4. We are having a better year without him than we ever did with him. Good for him. He got his “revenge” game. Now let’s hope the RANGERS see the desperation and desire displayed by the best team in the division and learn to grow from this game. It’s not going to get easier as the season goes on. Games are getting bigger, more important, and more desperate. There’s a thread about ADA in the around the league section here but honestly? Fuck him at this point. We are the enemy to him so why waste one second on him here. 

Tonight sucked. I saw so,e hope though. I’d rather have this game in late January than late March. It’s a process. 

Yeah! Let's move this DeAngelo stuff to the DeAngelo thread! He had nothing to do with this game! Do. Not. Talk about him outside of that thread!

It's going to happen.  You can't release a 60 point D man for talking too much, then not expect people to talk about him when he plays well for one of the biggest hard asses of a coach in the game.  

Another wasted asset. 

I'm glad the Rangers recovered without him. Still a player worth talking about though. 

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Why are we still arguing about ada in a rangers thread? Dude was flat out trolling the Rangers and fan base last night. When someone scores for the first time against a former team, he usually is a bit muted out of respect for the fan base. Not ADA. He was more than happy to celebrate in the face of the bench and for everyone to see. 

Aren't we all Ranger fans here? I'm so confused. 

I'd think he was razzing his friends and former teamates,, rather than doing an in your face.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts he talked shit about Georgiev to them allll night, as his goal and his assist on the other goal are reminders of how shitty Georgiev was the night of the absolute bitch slapping, beating, destroying, pulverizing and bloodying (sarcasm as his detractors lovvve to say he got whooped, while reports say nothing of the sort and seeing how he can actually fight on the ice makes such a take pure bullshit and fact twisting due to the typical reasons why anyone here would really not like the player) DeAngelo was given by the then and now, SHITTY goalie.

Unless I'm missing some new Twitter feed from him,I think this take is a bit to do about nothing. 

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yeah! Let's move this DeAngelo stuff to the DeAngelo thread! He had nothing to do with this game! Do. Not. Talk about him outside of that thread!

It's going to happen.  You can't release a 60 point D man for talking too much, then not expect people to talk about him when he plays well for one of the biggest hard asses of a coach in the game.  

Another wasted asset. 

I'm glad the Rangers recovered without him. Still a player worth talking about though. 

I never said he had nothing to do with this game. What happened last year had nothing to do with this game except that it allowed him to join another team. Honestly, at this point all you are trying to do is troll your own fellow fans. If that gives you a little happiness, so be it, but it doesn't add anything to the conversation. 

I'm not going to bother trying to address your other post because it's just pure bait but I'm glad you have channeled your inner ADA to know exactly what, he was doing all night and his intentions. All I saw was some pretty intense celebrations right in his former "friends" faces. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Another wasted asset. 

I'm looking forward to the Wild game when we can moan about how much we miss Zucc and what a mistake it was to let him go.

• VINNY! 1

9 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I never said he had nothing to do with this game. What happened last year had nothing to do with this game except that it allowed him to join another team. Honestly, at this point all you are trying to do is troll your own fellow fans. If that gives you a little happiness, so be it, but it doesn't add anything to the conversation. 

I'm not going to bother trying to address your other post because it's just pure bait but I'm glad you have channeled your inner ADA to know exactly what, he was doing all night and his intentions. All I saw was some pretty intense celebrations right in his former "friends" faces. 

You see it your way. I see it my way. Not sure how your take is true and mine isn't.  But ok.  

Bait? Bait how? Trolling fellow fans? What is this?  You're here daily. This is what we do. If it's not DeAngelo,  it's someone else. WTF is this?

Edited by The Dude

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I'd think he was razzing his friends and former teamates,, rather than doing an in your face.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts he talked shit about Georgiev to them allll night, as his goal and his assist on the other goal are reminders of how shitty Georgiev was the night of the absolute bitch slapping, beating, destroying, pulverizing and bloodying (sarcasm as his detractors lovvve to say he got whooped, while reports say nothing of the sort and seeing how he can actually fight on the ice makes such a take pure bullshit and fact twisting due to the typical reasons why anyone here would really not like the player) DeAngelo was given by the then and now, SHITTY goalie.

Unless I'm missing some new Twitter feed from him,I think this take is a bit to do about nothing. 

You need to get over it. Geo living rent free in your head.

Oh, thats right, I forgot they waived Zuc and got nothing for him... 

Teams make moves all the time, and there's no point in carrying a torch for a former player.  They're gone, no longer affect games, and certainly don't give a damn about you.  When a player joins a new team, they have a new role, a new system, new teammates, a fresh start, and a necessity to prove themselves on a new roster.  Sometimes a player is better, worse, or same with a new team.  For every JT Miller story there is also Mikael Granlund.  GMs acquire players that they think will perform at the same or higher level, but they may well regress.  In any case, you can't look at a player's performance with a new team, and say, hey, they would have developed that way with the Rangers if they had been patient, or found a better role, or whatever.  Odds are they player would have been about the same, a little better, or a little worse, because they are in the same situation.  For better or worse, the team has moved on.  I don't know why you can't.

• VINNY! 1

12 minutes ago, fletch said:

Teams make moves all the time, and there's no point in carrying a torch for a former player.  They're gone, no longer affect games, and certainly don't give a damn about you.  When a player joins a new team, they have a new role, a new system, new teammates, a fresh start, and a necessity to prove themselves on a new roster.  Sometimes a player is better, worse, or same with a new team.  For every JT Miller story there is also Mikael Granlund.  GMs acquire players that they think will perform at the same or higher level, but they may well regress.  In any case, you can't look at a player's performance with a new team, and say, hey, they would have developed that way with the Rangers if they had been patient, or found a better role, or whatever.  Odds are they player would have been about the same, a little better, or a little worse, because they are in the same situation.  For better or worse, the team has moved on.  I don't know why you can't.

But the player was good here...

You're telling me nobody was whining about JT Miller's emergence after he left here. No body "what if-ed". It always happens. Miller wasn't the 1st DeAngelo won't be the last. Its super common, but for some reason this player gets his detractors so pissed that they demand he doesn't be talked about in a thread that involves his in game play and what comes with talking about the player.. 

It's fucking weird. 

You're telling me nobody was whining about JT Miller's emergence after he left here. No body "what if-ed". It always happens. Miller wasn't the 1st DeAngelo won't be the last. Its super common, but for some reason this player gets his detractors so pissed that they demand he doesn't be talked about in a thread that involves his in game play and what comes with talking about the player.. 

It's fucking weird. 

Flat out false.

Keith and Josh aren't even ADA "detractors" 🤣

They're just tired of talking about it. Yet you just can't quit him. The love affair is real. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

It's fucking weird. 

I'm not a detractor. I just think there are plenty of current Rangers to talk about.  

How long do you let your buddy piss and moan about his ex?  One month?  Three months?  A year?  At some point you gotta tell him to find another woman.

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1
  • Applause 1