• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#41) Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes — Into the Storm

Phil

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

Lol I mean that quite from Rooney though. “Tough building.” I don’t care how good the Canes are doing. It’s going to be a building filled with Rangers fans. 

Oh for sure. I have seen the Rangers in literally every building in the Eastern Conference. And aside from the local stops (NYI, NJ and even BOS) and Florida, Carolina is probably where I saw the most Ranger fans.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Blue Heaven said:

Measuring stick game for the NYR

Curious... how many more "measuring stick games" the NYR need to be considered a measuring stick for other teams against the Rangers? After all, they have been one of the top three team in the division, conference and top five in league. It's not like they haven't beaten the best teams before.

Come on Ozzy, where's your prediction for this game? 👍

27 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

how many more "measuring stick games" the NYR need to be considered a measuring stick for other teams against the Rangers?

When they consistently beat the better teams and not by the skin of their teeth.

Toronto was a great first step. 

37 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

Curious... how many more "measuring stick games" the NYR need to be considered a measuring stick for other teams against the Rangers? After all, they have been one of the top three team in the division, conference and top five in league. It's not like they haven't beaten the best teams before.

Well, the rest of the season is basically prep for the playoffs. Much like last game, this one already feels like it's a playoff matchup. Since the Tampa sweep,  I think the Rangers have proven they belong with the big boys, but the second half of the season will determine if they are one of the biggest boys. 

28 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

Well, the rest of the season is basically prep for the playoffs. Much like last game, this one already feels like it's a playoff matchup. Since the Tampa sweep,  I think the Rangers have proven they belong with the big boys, but the second half of the season will determine if they are one of the biggest boys. 

I agree, that the Rangers have proven they are one of the top boys in the league during the first half of the season. That's not a small achievement with new coaching staff, essentially different team and playing style/system. The progress had been remarkable, especially when compared to yesteryear's Rangers. They are still progressing, still need to address the ever present lack of consistency, but I don't see them faltering in the second half. 

The 'canes winning record mainly due to starting the season with 9-0. They are one of the top teams, nonetheless, and so are the Rangers. It'll be a close game with the Rangers winning, LGR!!

1 hour ago, Cr00zng said:

Big one tonight, boys!!  No doubt!

No downplaying this one.  I'll bet this date has been circled on the calendar for about a month now.  My prediction is simple;  We're going to play a very tough, hard game against a solid team that like Pete said, is streaking right now.  Carolina is one of the best and this game is a great measuring stick at this point in the year.

I feel a Kakko night is upon us, @Pete.  Tonight is the night we kick this fucker's career into high gear.  No shit!  It's time!  Games like this is where you need guys to "show up".  Kakko can do that!  ...and he's gonna tonight!

Also watch for a great game from Trouba.  This is a game where his hits, and timely standing up at the blueline can make a huge difference.

We're taking this one tonight, guys....I see a 4-2 victory with Goodrow into an empty net!

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Trivia is Frantisek Kaberle.

Please deposit the above into the Hockey Names thread, sir!!  LOL

• Like 1

Re: Measuring stick games? 

My boy Dom Lusziszicysyzicun is back with more Ranger love in this weeks rankings-

Athletic Weekly Rankings

8. New York Rangers

Record: 26-10-4
Last Week: 11
Dom rank: 7
Sean rank: 10

Dom: I think they’re a paper tiger. Oh, wait. That’s not what their fans want us to say. Umm. Oooooo look at that record: fifth-best in the league. So shiny and sparkly and nice. Definitely solid gold right there and not a rock wrapped in foil.

Funny to see Stepan on the 4L at wing

very good D player and can take important draws if C gets kicked

their stats are crazy good

i wish we had Fast at wing still. He was a real good fit with 10 & 16

LGR

and for my first effort at trivia

Thomas Sandstrom

Edited by Go Blue

2 hours ago, Cr00zng said:

Havent played the Caps since opening night, havent played the Canes (until tonight), or the Penguins yet, those would be the measuring stick games the rest of the way since its the teams they are battling with for the division, and im sure those opposing teams are thinking the same thing vs. the Rangers.  

Edited by Blue Heaven

1 hour ago, ThirtyONE said:

1/4 of the Rangers games left are vs. the Caps/Canes/Penguins.  

26 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

1/4 of the Rangers games left are vs. the Caps/Canes/Penguins.  

And listen, they’re not gonna win all of them. Hell, they’ll probably have one or 2 where they come out flat and get smashed like a pancake.

But, they need to show up. These are such good lessons for how life is going to be in a playoff series. Not a lot of space, not a lot of time. Can’t live and die via special teams. Need to go out there, get after it for a full 60 and skate with these teams.

• VINNY! 1