• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: All in, Bay Bay!

Cash or Czech
Message added by Phil,

Breaking this out from another thread. Let's use this as our general trade deadline thread and for live discussion on deadline day.

Chatter can be about anything deadline related.

Seriously, that's not a "shake-up", that's a tear down.  Why trade a talented young player like Dubrincat?  I can see Toewes, or MAYBE Kane, but the Cat?  That one I question.

Kubalik might be useful to a team, I think....maybe...That (-11) isn't looking too marketable, but the Hawks haven't played so hot this year as a whole.

41 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Seriously, that's not a "shake-up", that's a tear down.  Why trade a talented young player like Dubrincat?  I can see Toewes, or MAYBE Kane, but the Cat?  That one I question.

Kubalik might be useful to a team, I think....maybe...That (-11) isn't looking too marketable, but the Hawks haven't played so hot this year as a whole.

Kubalik gas been MIA most of this year but better late. I pass on him 

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Kubalik gas been MIA most of this year but better late. I pass on him 

Oh yeah, he's not for us, but since he's an expiring RFA, some team out there may take a "Flyer" on him.  <----- See what I did there??  LOL

• Phil pinned this topic

I wouldn't sell everything we worked for during the rebuild but I am ALL IN for this team this post season.  Get what this team needs to give it its best chance at a deep run.  I know everyone says that a team needs to learn to lose in the playoffs before they can learn to win.  Well, I'd rather lose in the Conference Finals than the 1st round.  Get as much playoff experience as they can THIS season.

• Cheers 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Arizona, Seattle, Philly probably by mid Feb, Chi, Buff

Dude, you've got me sold on Gourde! 

I can't see how Seattle, who is at LEAST 3 years away from making any kind of run at the Cup, would wanna build around a guy who's already 31 years old.  Gourde's greatest value to Seattle could very well be in what he returns in a trade.

He would slide right between Yukon and Goodrow on that 3rd line, and we would be in fuckin' business, brutha!

You know I'm no Salary cap-o-logist, so how do we make it work where we can have Zibby, Strome and Gourde up the middle.  You know I'm not losing mine and Pete's boy, Strome...so make this thing tick...(Translation: "tell me about the rabbits!")  LOL

How can we fit him?

• VINNY! 1

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Dude, you've got me sold on Gourde! 

I can't see how Seattle, who is at LEAST 3 years away from making any kind of run at the Cup, would wanna build around a guy who's already 31 years old.  Gourde's greatest value to Seattle could very well be in what he returns in a trade.

He would slide right between Yukon and Goodrow on that 3rd line, and we would be in fuckin' business, brutha!

You know I'm no Salary cap-o-logist, so how do we make it work where we can have Zibby, Strome and Gourde up the middle.  You know I'm not losing mine and Pete's boy, Strome...so make this thing tick...(Translation: "tell me about the rabbits!")  LOL

How can we fit him?

Just need retention and Chytil to go the other way now or commit to trading him this offseason.

I’ve heard the arguments against him and I know he’s an A on Seattle but he didn’t ask to go there and he signed his contract 2 years prior to being exposed to expansion.

Reasons Why He’s a Great Fit

- can play RW or C

- can put up numbers in a top six role but seamlessly works out as a 3c as well

- cup pedigree

- character guy. Dude was an undrafted player that worked his way through the A until Tampa had no choice but to take him seriously and never looked back

- just turned 30 but doesn’t have a lot of miles. Was a rookie at 24 I believe

- plays in all situations 

- is under contract for a few more seasons so if you are giving away assets, I’d rather be getting a guy that helps us on cup runs for multiple years

- we need to realize Alf is not surpassing either Kreider nor Bread anytime soon. If we realize that, then it’s time to see who fits as a 3c on a line to not just help us win but help develop Alf. I believe Gourde 100% does that.

How We Fit Him

His cap hit is 5.166m until 2025. Chytil experiment is toast. We need retention which is fine for both Seattle or if we got a third team involved like Arizona. Seattle would have 30m in cap space. Arizona has 50m. We also need Chytil to go and lose his 2.3m cap hit. If you got a 2m in retention and traded Chytil, you are paying Gourde 3.16m to have him and trading Chytils 2.3m away. That’s a net gain of under 1m increase and having a player infinitely better suited for our team. That doesn’t affect our ability to retain other players.  
  What would a trade look like?

Well that’s the big question. Also Gourde has a ntc until this offseason when it goes to a limited one. This all assumes he doesn’t want to stay in Seattle and waste away until he’s 34/35. If you got a third team involved like Arizona and it’s true that Chychrun is available, then you see if Seattle is interested in a swap of Chychrun for Gourde. Then Arizona retains 2m or max 50% trading Gourde to us for Chytil, Lundkvist, and X (that’s a variable so who knows if they want a prospect or a pick. We have both in spades). 

It definitely can work and if Chytil goes and a little retention, we come away so much better tomorrow than we are today. And the beauty is that it still doesn’t take away from our ability to still add a playoff rental monetarily at least. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • VINNY! 1

4 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Just need retention and Chytil to go the other way now or commit to trading him this offseason.

I’ve heard the arguments against him and I know he’s an A on Seattle but he didn’t ask to go there and he signed his contract 2 years prior to being exposed to expansion.

Reasons Why He’s a Great Fit

- can play RW or C

- can put up numbers in a top six role but seamlessly works out as a 3c as well

- cup pedigree

- character guy. Dude was an undrafted player that worked his way through the A until Tampa had no choice but to take him seriously and never looked back

- just turned 30 but doesn’t have a lot of miles. Was a rookie at 24 I believe

- plays in all situations 

- is under contract for a few more seasons so if you are giving away assets, I’d rather be getting a guy that helps us on cup runs for multiple years

- we need to realize Alf is not surpassing either Kreider nor Bread anytime soon. If we realize that, then it’s time to see who fits as a 3c on a line to not just help us win but help develop Alf. I believe Gourde 100% does that.

How We Fit Him

His cap hit is 5.166m until 2025. Chytil experiment is toast. We need retention which is fine for both Seattle or if we got a third team involved like Arizona. Seattle would have 30m in cap space. Arizona has 50m. We also need Chytil to go and lose his 2.3m cap hit. If you got a 2m in retention and traded Chytil, you are paying Gourde 3.16m to have him and trading Chytils 2.3m away. That’s a net gain of under 1m increase and having a player infinitely better suited for our team. That doesn’t affect our ability to retain other players.  
  What would a trade look like?

Well that’s the big question. Also Gourde has a ntc until this offseason when it goes to a limited one. This all assumes he doesn’t want to stay in Seattle and waste away until he’s 34/35. If you got a third team involved like Arizona and it’s true that Chychrun is available, then you see if Seattle is interested in a swap of Chychrun for Gourde. Then Arizona retains 2m or max 50% trading Gourde to us for Chytil, Lundkvist, and X (that’s a variable so who knows if they want a prospect or a pick. We have both in spades). 

It definitely can work and if Chytil goes and a little retention, we come away so much better tomorrow than we are today. And the beauty is that it still doesn’t take away from our ability to still add a playoff rental monetarily at least. 

Dude, if Drury needs an assistant GM...you have my vote!!!

I love the idea of having Zib, Strome and Gourde up the middle.   The window of Kreider, Zib and Bread pretty much lock into Gourde's as well.

This would be an amazing trade to upgrade that 3C spot! 

Just now, Ozzy said:

Dude, if Drury needs an assistant GM...you have my vote!!!

I love the idea of having Zib, Strome and Gourde up the middle.   The window of Kreider, Zib and Bread pretty much lock into Gourde's as well.

This would be an amazing trade to upgrade that 3C spot! 

Gonna start hanging out in his pizza places until he shows up 

• LMFAO 1