• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: All in, Bay Bay!

Cash or Czech
Message added by Phil,

Breaking this out from another thread. Let's use this as our general trade deadline thread and for live discussion on deadline day.

Chatter can be about anything deadline related.

26 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

It's too bad we don't trade with the Islanders.  Clutterbuck would be a good fit and not too dear.

Do any teams have a used puck bag available?  I'd be willing to trade the "Turd Line" as a package for one.  In the alternative, the Turd Line for the three Hansons.

Yeah, there's no chance. But you're right. He'd be a good fit.

I saw something on twitter about Rickard Rakell maybe being available. He plays both wings. I dunno if he's been mentioned here yet.

Bertuzzi looks like he's straight off the set of Breaking Bad. Just an observation.

Watching the Kayshow on Yes they just played some clips from Mayor Adams which seem to indicate he may be relaxing the requirements very soon (the context was Kyrie would be available for home games soon). Until that time no home games or over the border games for Bertuzzi - pass.

Edited by jsrangers

1 hour ago, ThirtyONE said:

Yeah, there's no chance. But you're right. He'd be a good fit.

I saw something on twitter about Rickard Rakell maybe being available. He plays both wings. I dunno if he's been mentioned here yet.

He has. Came up running shotgun to Zibanejad in Sweden. 

All of Columbus is probably on the table. 

Would Florida be trying dump Hornqvist? He fills a need. Banger, that can slot up and down the lineup.  Upgrade on Hunt and Gauthier. Contract doesn't fit, but that's a type of player that they should be looking for along with a 3C and a top 6 RW.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

All of Columbus is probably on the table. 

Would Florida be trying dump Hornqvist? He fills a need. Banger, that can slot up and down the lineup.  Upgrade on Hunt and Gauthier. Contract doesn't fit, but that's a type of player that they should be looking for along with a 3C and a top 6 RW.

I’d love Boone Jenner. He’s their heart and soul though, and he just signed the extension. A Goodrow-Jenner-Kakko line would make me happy.

• Like 1

That was probably the best 60 minute game the Rangers have played this year. They were tight defensively. Washington had hardly any Grade-A opportunities. Our top line showed up in a big time way. Igor played good, but the Rangers gave him a relatively easy night at the office, which hasn’t happened a ton this year. As I said earlier, that’s a statement win against a good team. We may have our flaws, most teams have plenty. But the amount of growth we have seen this season from this group is nothing short of spectacular. 

As far as needs go, the glaring holes remain. I’m not entirely sure which route they’re gonna go here. 

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

That was probably the best 60 minute game the Rangers have played this year. They were tight defensively. Washington had hardly any Grade-A opportunities. Our top line showed up in a big time way. Igor played good, but the Rangers gave him a relatively easy night at the office, which hasn’t happened a ton this year. As I said earlier, that’s a statement win against a good team. We may have our flaws, most teams have plenty. But the amount of growth we have seen this season from this group is nothing short of spectacular. 

As far as needs go, the glaring holes remain. I’m not entirely sure which route they’re gonna go here. 

Keep Jones and Barron, Flip Chytil for something useful on the third line and replace Hunt on the second. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Chytil, Lundkvist & #1 for Laine.

Does Patrik have a brother available because the Laine playing in Columbus probably isn’t going anywhere and is rounding into being the player they were hoping for when trading for him. He’s staying there I think. 

9 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Does Patrik have a brother available because the Laine playing in Columbus probably isn’t going anywhere and is rounding into being the player they were hoping for when trading for him. He’s staying there I think. 

More than likely true, but he's the only player on Columbus I would be interested in.

5 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Don't watch much of Columbus but Hockey Reference has him listed as RW.

Laine? He's playing LW. I guess maybe he plays both wings, but I'd want to be painfully certain he can make that change without a problem to even entertain it.

He'd also be a pure rental.